• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flaming 101

Not sure. Gay marriage would definitely get intense, and may get into some people being called homophobes as a result.

Death Penalty is possible.

I believe it's in the rules that it's at the mod's discretion, which means that in an argument based on gay marriage, there'd be a lot of lee-way.

Death Penalty would be pretty heated, but don't think it'd go to flaming lengths...

I believe it's in the rules that it's at the mod's discretion, which means that in an argument based on gay marriage, there'd be a lot of lee-way.

Death Penalty would be pretty heated, but don't think it'd go to flaming lengths...

I would hope so, but there are some people who may go overboard. But it would be awesome just to see it happen.

Death Penalty you are probably right.

What about gay abortions?

That is possible?

I had actually been working out the specifics of a Death Penalty thread for the Lounge that I'd planned to post in a day or so. Unless someone would rather do it instead.

I had actually been working out the specifics of a Death Penalty thread for the Lounge that I'd planned to post in a day or so. Unless someone would rather do it instead.

What side of that issue do you fall on Dex?

(Take a wild guess at what my tree-hugging hippie ass supports :thumbsup:)

I thought we called those Michael Jackson...

What? Too soon?

Yes. Too soon. It hasn't been 22 years yet.

I would hope so, but there are some people who may go overboard. But it would be awesome just to see it happen

The only way you can go overboard is if you say something along the lines of "I don't want no ********ing ******s marrying each other in my town! It'll ruin the sanctity of marriage that people like Britney Spears have worked so hard to uphold!"

Hopefully, the mods see the humor in that, and don't infract me :D

The only way you can go overboard is if you say something along the lines of "I don't want no ********ing ******s marrying each other in my town! It'll ruin the sanctity of marriage that people like Britney Spears have worked so hard to uphold!"

Hopefully, the mods see the humor in that, and don't infract me :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What side of that issue do you fall on Dex?

(Take a wild guess at what my tree-hugging hippie ass supports :thumbsup:)

Whichever side you're not on. I'll argue either, I just want me a piece of X in the Lounge at some point. We've toyed with it but never actually done it. This might be a good thread for it to happen.

Not entirely true ED lol. Someone could have no problems with gay people in general, but only feel that the sanctity of marriage should be between a man and a woman. Would you consider that homophobic?

Not entirely true ED lol. Someone could have no problems with gay people in general, but only feel that the sanctity of marriage should be between a man and a woman. Would you consider that homophobic?

Hmm.
Ignorant as fuck then.
Sorry, I don't want to seem harsh, but I won't pretend to respect people who don't support gay marriage.

I'm not saying I'm one of them. If gay marriage is legal then cool. It doesn't affect me. I'm just saying that argument is out there.

Only because they are. :)

There's so much flawed logic here...

Hmm.
Ignorant as fuck then.
Sorry, I don't want to seem harsh, but I won't pretend to respect people who don't support gay marriage.

1. You don't have to support gays to support gay marriage.
2. You don't have to hate gays to be against gay marriage.
3. You don't have to support gay marriage because you like gays.
4. You don't have to be against gay marriage because you hate gays.

There's so much flawed logic here...

1. You don't have to support gays to support gay marriage.
2. You don't have to hate gays to be against gay marriage.
3. You don't have to support gay marriage because you like gays.
4. You don't have to be against gay marriage because you hate gays.

LOL I wasn't completely serious with the homophobe comment, but I hold steadfast to the opinion that you're full of BS if you don't support gay marriage. If you truly have nothing against gay people, why keep them from marriage, something that makes a lot of people happy? Love is love. If we tried to make everyone one of our beliefs actual laws it'd be a giant clusterfuck.

LOL I wasn't completely serious with the homophobe comment, but I hold steadfast to the opinion that you're full of BS if you don't support gay marriage. If you truly have nothing against gay people, why keep them from marriage, something that makes a lot of people happy? Love is love. If we tried to make everyone one of our beliefs actual laws it'd be a giant clusterfuck.

I'm all for it, you know this. It'd help the economy, and I'd get the chance to wear a dress to a wedding :)

You can wear a dress to any kind of wedding.

Considering how conservative Emily's family is, I highly doubt I can show up in a dress for any of those. As far as my friends, I'm in all their wedding parties, so I have to conform to whatever they want. Zoot suits FTW

I agree with you ED. Like I said, I'm not against gay marriage at all. I was just presenting a possible argument for the calling of homophobes and what not that other people may bring up. It wouldn't bother me any.

Actually where is someone to be against Gay Marriage. I want to see a good flame war and ED is in the mood. Just need another prospect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back