• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Favorite WWF prop

What is you favorite WWF Prop

• The Big Bossman's Nightstick

• Bret Hart's Sunglasses

• Brutus The Barber Beefcake's Hedge Clippers

• The British Bulldogs', uh Bulldog, Matilda

• Freddie Blassie's Cane

• Hacksaw Jim Duggan's 2 x 4

• Jake Roberts' Python

• Jim Coronette's Tennis Racket

• Jimmy Hart's Megaphone

• The Honky Tonk Man's Guitar

• IRS' Steel Briefcase

• Rick Martell's Arrogance Spray

• Mr. Perfect's Towel

• The Undertaker's Urn

• other (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Formerly drewpost, Human Pop Can
For as long as I can remember, professional wrestling has used props to get people over, get heat, or just get a reaction. In the 1980's and the 1990's it seemed like almost every WWF superstar had a gimmick with a unique prop.

So, my question for you is, "What was your favorite WWF prop and why?

Please stick to when the company was the WWF or WWWF. I know that the WCW, WWE, NWA, ECW, and TNA have had some good examples to, but hey, my thread, my rules.

If you'd like to insert a picture, please feel free to do so.

I'd have to go with, surprise surprise, The Urn!

IMO, it added a lot to the mystique of the Undertaker character. It was so mysterious. When I was a child I always wondered what was in it, how it gave 'Taker his powers, and why 'Taker would always neal and put his hand up to it, as if to pray. The Urn definitely deserves to be on this list. It also made a damn good weapon sometimes. It was one of, if not the greatest prop of all the times.

I'm going to choose Jake "The Snake" Roberts's Damien. Damien was just so cool! Just to see the fear in his opponents' eyes when he would pull Damien from the sack was priceless!

Not sure if a snake qualifies as a "prop" but in my eyes it made Jake "The Snake" Roberts's gimmick and definitely helped him get over, and qualifies in my eyes. Plus, it was just cool!

im going with other... Razor's Gold chains i thought his chains were soo cool and it fit his character perfectly and there was even a fued for them when IRS stole them and put them in his brief case. so for me it has to be Razor Ramoans Gold Chains

Steve Blackman's sticks. I first started watching in 2000 and it was pretty awesome watching him own people with them. I know many will not agree with me, but hey opinions are opinions. A close shoe in is "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan's 2x4.

im going with the megaphone, it was used by jimmy hart and helped him become a better manager and get peoples attention which helped tons of great tag teams and the entire tag team division as a hole. I wonder if Jimmy hart would be as big as he would be with out the megaphone and hence, would the tag team be as good with out jimmy hart back in the 80's

I guess its not tied to a particular person, but this prop was a staple in the late nineties. It could have very well turned the tide in the most epic matches of that generation. It was consistently featured in main events of ANY WWF PPV. It was consistent and never bland. What prop am I talking about? Why the SPANISH ANNOUNCE TABLE of course!

I have to say Damien. Half of Jake's mind games came from that big burlap sack he carried with him to ringside. Jake had his own great mind games, but none were bigger than putting Damien on his opponents after the match.

Had to go with other on this one, my friends.

Doink the Clown's Bucket.

Everytime he brought out a bucket, you never knew what was in it, and you have to admit you got excited waiting to see what it was. It could have been streamers, water, confetti, popcorn, anything! Everyone had one hope in common though... "I hope that's not shit in there!"

I'm surprised no one else has said this one yet, Eddie's Lowriders. Great prop that fit his character so well. I used to love when him and Chavo used to come out in the Lowrider because it looked like just what it was, two best friends/family members crusing in an awesome ride having a good time. Great prop.

I went with Jimmy Hart's megaphone.

Unlike many of the props which were rarely used for anything but character building, the megaphone served a variety of purposes in addition to supplementing Jimmy's 'Mouth of the South' Hart's gimmick. It was used to annoy the crap out of others, and he would even bust the thing out a weapon. It's both goofy and effective which is exactly what I think a professional wrestling prop should be.

I think one the best props during those years was the Big Bossman's nightstick. It showed he was from prison and it was pretty sick when he would beat people'd ass with it.

I have to go with other, and I'm surprised no one has mentioned it! Triple H's sledgehammer, anytime you saw The Game pull the hammer out from under the ring on any show you knew someone was going to get knocked out right between the eyes and it always garnered heta for Triple H.

For me it has the be the 2x4. I grew up with Hacksaw on my t.v. as he was my moms favorite wrestler at the time for some reason. I remember seeing him on T.v for the first time in ages and my mother and I had just had a discussion about two weeks before that about who was the wrestler who carried the Flag and the chunk of wood. For the life of me I couldn't remember who it was, I seen Hacksaw and herd him yell HOOOOO!! That brought back so many childhood memorys for me!

I had to go with the Hitman sunglasses.

They just gave the whole Bret Hart character an element of "cool" to go along with the leather jacket. They made him stand out from every other wrestler, and I thought it was awesome how he used to give them to a young fan in the front row every week, which increased his popularity as a face. I am proud to say I own an actual pair of Hitman shades that a friend got from a live event in the mid 90s, and then passed them on to me a couple of years ago.

Other than the shades, I would have said the Urn. It was such an essential part of the Undertaker character when he debuted, as it gave him special powers. It became an important factor in many of his matches. I remember Taker being revived by the power of the urn to fight off Giant Gonzalez after he had been in trouble. The iconic image of Paul Bearer clutching the urn will live forever. I was glad to see the urn make a return on the latest Smackdown video game.

Also, what about this one....

Hulk Hogans easy-rippable t-shirt.

Every fan loved to see the Hulkster flexing in the ring then putting his hands to the collar of his t-shirt and tearing it apart with just one rip. No-one cared that the shirt was obviously stretching as he tore it and wasnt made the same way as a normal t-shirt...we just loved the strength and power of the Hulkster! Ripping the shirt fitted in great with his whole posing before and after a match, and his superman-style hero persona. Legendary

As much as I would like it to be an “official” Title, the Million Dollar Championship is my favorite WWE “Prop”. It exemplified what the Million Dollar Man was all about, a true heel that if he couldn’t win the World Title, he created his own, “better and more prestigious” Belt.

Wow, great thread idea.

I'm torn. If I just focus on the list, I'm leaning first towards Bret Hart's Sunglasses. The pink shades were a great, simple merch item for any age. They weren't too expensive and the entire act of Bret leaving the ring for a moment to place them on a youngster was a great part of his character.

At the same time, no storyline ever revolved around the sunglasses. But The Undertaker's Urn was a part of several. He seemed to derive his power from it. Kama stole it and melted it into jewelry. It's been stolen and once or twice opened and emptied.

So many great choices up there.

For me it's Iron Mike Sharpe's cast. Loved how he always had it on and Gorilla would mention how he must have the slowest healing injury ever ! Hated the WWF in the 80's and 90's but I liked this !

Mine would be Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase's Million Dollar Belt.. It was created because he was unable to beat Hogan for the WWF Championship. He had a good fued with Jake Roberts and Virgil over it. It was a unique and original concept for someone to create their own title and I must admit it looked pretty cool.

I actually went with other as well, One of my favourite props was William Regal's Brass Knuckles that he used to hide in his pads, always had quite the impact on his matches when he would sneak them out to grab a win!

There have been so many great ones, but one stands alone is my heart's memory. It was the smelliest, dirtiest, most vile prop in WWF history. It was also the most influential, easily being directly involved in more match outcomes than any other. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you... MR. SOCKO.

Honorable Mention: Razor Ramon's toothpick. Not only did it make Razor seem totally badass, but I loved how so many guys would oversell as if they'd had acid thrown on them when he'd flick it in their face/chest.

Austin's beer. His Steveweiser's were brilliant in getting him even more over. Beating up Vince was great, the beer was the icing on the cake for me!

Unlike most of the other numbnuts on this thread who can't read the OP's message stating he wanted to keep it to WWF days, I have gone with Damien!!!

Jake the Snake was one of my fav's back in the day (not enough to make my sig though)

The best Damien moment for me was watching Yokozuna's face in the 96 Rumble when Jake came in, slid out a massively bigger Damien and Yokozuna just turned into a little kid freaked out like crazy.....

I'm gonna pick 2 "others" that I always loved.

1st, and I don't know if this is technically a "prop" as it was legitimately earned, but Kurt Angle's gold medal. His whole character was based around it, and he took every opportunity to put it in people's face that he was the only olympic champion in wwe history. Alot of the other props helped enhance a character, but that was one of the few the character was based around.

The 2nd, and this is more of a just fun thing, is D-Lo Brown's chest protector. The ribs that would never heal was great, even though it was really just a re-hash of Cowboy Bob's cast that would never come off. The fact that it made the frog splash that much more effective was a bonus too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back