Randy Orton-Snake Prop Gimmick 2010?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
Randy Orton should bring back a snake as a prop to the WWE for the 2010 era? Just think about it!

1970's- The Original Sheik and John Tolos used snakes and brought them to the ring as props.

1980's- Jake "The Snake" Roberts of course brought his many snakes from over the years to the ring as a prop. And placed the snake on his beaten opponents.

1990's- Stone Cold Steve Austin never really used a real "Rattlesnake". Other then the time back in the fall of '99 when Stone Cold locked Triple H in a locker room with a rattler on Smackdown!

2000's- Randy Orton has to run with the snake prop gimmick in order to help bring out the venom in mr. RKO.

Well I don't think randy orton should bring snakes to the ring every week but it shhould be a storyline where he locks someone in a room with snakes like when Stone Cold Steve Austin did it. But he could use it as a prop and if he were to do it every week then I don't know randy orton character doesn't really fit him to love a snakes so much that he would bring them to the ring every week. His gimmick is more or like a psychotic kind of guy that doesn't like anybody. But it would make great tv to see the psychotic randy orton locking vicky guerrero in a room with snakes.

No, no, no, no, and no.

A physical snake doesn't represent Randy. It's more of a methapor. He lashes like a Viper, he "coils" like a Viper, and he's just as unprediactable, as a Viper. But as far as a physical snake... No, doesn't fit, period.

Wouldn't work. The viper thing as mentioned above, represents his personality & mind set, not his actual love of the creatures themselves. He's too cool for something that gimmicky. What I would like to see though, is Randy Orton with a valet/girlfriend. Not some ditzy blonde, big titted prostitute, but someone who could be a bit more sinister ala Randy himself, ideally Katie Lea Burchill or, now that's she's got no job, Victoria/Tara. Someone who can pull off the slightly unhinged thing & remain classy in the process. What do you think?

No Randy shouldn't bring back anything related to snakes with the exception of his actual nickname "the viper".

Randy does just fine with the whole slithering across the ring, and if they're gonna do anything related to snake props, this is the only thing they should keep something going on, I don't see the need to bring some living snake onto the taping, no matter how it could relate to a storyline.

I wouldn't add anything to Randy's character. He's called 'The Viper' because he coils and strikes like a viper. Having a snake on a live TV, is very risky. It could do anything to disrupt whatever he is doing. It could, but it is most likely it won't.
Which brings me to my next point. When you carry a snake, it does nothing. It just hangs off of you, doing pretty much nothing. Randy is likened to a viper in it's predator mode. When it coils and strikes quickly. A snake doing nothing is not like him. This would make it look very odd.

randy is the viperr he doesnt need a viper :z: plus the animal rights people will shit a brick

thats gonna hurt:blink:

Yeah I think that is a bad idea having Randy Orton carrying a Snake around. It really doesn't fit his gmmick or image at all. Randy is more like the metaphor he is made out to be as a snake. Like he can strike at any momment possible to hit the rko and then go for the punt.

Also another reason why this would be a bad idea is because most people are going to complain and say he is copying Jake Roberts.

No, no, no, no, and no.

A physical snake doesn't represent Randy. It's more of a methapor. He lashes like a Viper, he "coils" like a Viper, and he's just as unprediactable, as a Viper. But as far as a physical snake... No, doesn't fit, period.

That is more of a simile.

But I agree, Randy represents a snake and doesn't need one to help his character. He is a loner, and that includes the fact that he does not need a snake partner. That would just make him look more gimmicky and his character is right now more on the realistic side of things.

Well, given I have a massive phobia of snakes I really hope he never does it. I can't watch old Jake Roberts clips without cringing and looking away, so from that respect I really would rather he didn't.

But more importantly, it would just be a bit silly coming from him. As people said, it's just a nickname, as it was with Austin. I don't even remember the incident you brought up, but even that was a one-off, not a prop. It made sense for Sheik, and it made sense for Jake as it was his whole gimmick, but Orton is at the top of his game and has gone nearly a decade without using one, introducing it now would just seem stupid and needless.

No , I feel that he shouldn't . He has enough vemon IMO .
What is he suppose to do with it anyway ? Throw it at peoples faces ? He's better than that . Don't you see the scary evil look in his eyes ? He's a snake all by himself . He doesn't need a real snake to build his character , he's doing it fine himself .

WWE will not approve of this idea because a real snake has more talent than Randy Orton.

As part of his gimmick he shouldn't do the Roberts thing, but perhaps every once in awhile it would be neat to use them as some kind of punishment or mind game play. With the Undertaker getting close to retirement, Orton is the only guy right now that could take over the Master of the Mind Games gimmick. Using snakes every once in awhile could be realistic, and great looking if presented properly.

you can't be serious about bringing a snake to the ring. that be like bringing a tarantilla to the ring just stupid.....oh what someone did that ..

No, because like some posters before me said, a snake would do nothing. The nickname "The Viper" is meant to express Orton's coiling and mindset, which is to destroy everything in the squared circle. If you brought in an actual Viper which would bite, you couldn't risk it, even if the venom was taken out. The difference between Orton and Jake Roberts is Jake really didn't use snake like features to revolve around his gimmick, he just had the snake for dramatic effect. Randy is more revolved around a psychopath's nickname, so to speak, such as The Viper strikes again. Snakes wouldn't work for Randy.

This could possibly work if WWE wasn't PG. Here you have a oily young stud, who seemingly takes alot of pride and care in his appearance. He calls himself a snake, and "coils" and "slithers" along the ring. Imagine him carrying around his "snake". Striking fear along the superstars of the WWE, maybe even occasionally shooting his "venom" on his fallen victims. Orlando Jordan would have nothing on Orton.

Yeah, even though the sexual innuendo jokes that would inevitably be made by some upcoming face as a poor attempt to shade their lack of mic skills would be somewhat funny, I don't even think that would be enough of a positive to overshadow the lawsuits and brickshitting that would come from a snake at a live event. Nice to know you're thinking about Randy Orton's "snake".

As part of his gimmick he shouldn't do the Roberts thing, but perhaps every once in awhile it would be neat to use them as some kind of punishment or mind game play. With the Undertaker getting close to retirement, Orton is the only guy right now that could take over the Master of the Mind Games gimmick. Using snakes every once in awhile could be realistic, and great looking if presented properly.

Also to add on to this, these mind games probably shouldn't involve Orton and the snake on the screen at the same time. Having Orton with a snake around his shoulders seems a little too close to Roberts, but hey I've been wrong before.

He shouldn'y bring a snake down to the ring that would ruin his gimmick he is a just like a snake he slithers and sneaks untill he's ready to attack.
He doesn't need to bring a snake to strike fear just keep rko'ing everyone and that should strike fear into their hearts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back