Favorite Horror Film(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
So, it's October, my favorite time of the year, especially because I live in New England. The leaves are turning different colors, there's a slight nip to the air and the wind starts blowing around those leaves....it's time for Halloween and the celebration of Samhain. As many of you know I'm a huge horror movie fan, obsessive really. I spend the entire month of October like a loser, holed up in someone's house watching horror films (specifically the Friday the 13th and Halloween franchises, but with many other films thrown in. I usually watch 2 horror movies per day in the month of October, seriously).

So, I got to wondering, what's everyone's favorite horror film? I especially am looking forward to the answer of TDigs if he does read this thread, JMT as well. My pick should be obvious.

2md52dd.jpg

For me, it has to be the film represented in my signature, and that's John Carpenter's original Halloween. This film not only scared the hell out of me as a child, it also impressed the hell out of me. I watched this film almost on a daily basis when I was 12-13 years old (along with Dazed and Confused :lmao:), and I've literally watched it hundreds of times, but I never ever get tired of it. I know it by heart and yet it's still just as ingenious and suspenseful as the very first time I watched it. Everything from the writing, to the wonderful acting, to (in my opinion) the greatest musical score of all time, this film is just classic. It defined an entire new generation of horror films, it was revolutionary. Everything from Friday the 13th and beyond copied the Halloween franchise, and slasher films became the big "it" thing during the early 80s all because of the runaway success of the original Halloween (the film was made for $320,000 dollars, and went on to gross $55 Million at the box office). Michael Myers is the perfect characterization of evil incarnate, he's silent, mysterious, unstoppable, and seemingly everywhere. You turn around to look over your shoulder, you see no one...but you know he's there. Everything about that original film from Laurie and Annie smoking a doobie and listening to "Don't Fear the Reaper" to the classic ending, the film is about as perfect as one can physically get. Next to Blue Velvet, this is my favorite film ever.

So, what's everyone else's favorite(s)?

So, you have brought your Halloween love into this forum have you? Well played X, well played.

My favorite and IMO the best horror film ever made by god or man is The Exorcist. This film is the only film that has legitimately scared the hell right out of me. When I first watched this movie, I was screaming aloud, that's how frightened I was.

It was kind of slow at the beginning, but boy did it kick into the overdrive during the possession scenes? The acting during the possession scenes was really something to behold. Very rarely do we have good acting in horror movies. Well, at least, anymore.

This embodies to me what a horror movie should be. I loved this movie and it is the scariest movie that I have ever seen.

That is all!

I'm not really big on horror films, I liked Halloween but this is an easy choice for me. The greatest horror film of all time is Dawn of the Dead. Everything about it is flawless, iconic and the satire is as vicious as the violence.

And Let The Right One In is awesome

I'm not really big on horror films, I liked Halloween but this is an easy choice for me. The greatest horror film of all time is Dawn of the Dead. Everything about it is flawless, iconic and the satire is as vicious as the violence.

Ah, yes, Dawn of the Dead, Romero's crowning achievement. I wouldn't say everything about it is flawless though, there's definitely some fat that could have been cut, the acting isn't great, and the zombies look a bit ridiculous by today's standards. Still the greatest zombie film ever made though, and a masterpiece. But, not perfect. No film is truly "perfect" (aside from Halloween haha)

And Let The Right One In is awesome

Eh, maybe I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't really classify Let the Right One In as a horror film.

I like my horror more gory than scary (although, I don't mind a good scare now and then). I think the three greatest horror films ever made are Argento's Suspiria, Carpenter's The Thing, and Kargl's Angst. They're not my personal favorites, but I can't think of a single thing that was wrong with any of these films; in other words, they were flawless.

Personally though, my two favorite horror films are Fulci's Zombi and Bava's Demoni (Demons). More than likely, I like the first one so much because it was my first foray into ultraviolent horror. On the other hand, I love Demoni not only for it gore, but also for how fast-paced and anxiety-inducing it was; once all hell breaks loose, the film doesn't let up until the credits roll.

I like my horror more gory than scary (although, I don't mind a good scare now and then).

Gore definitely helps, but it doesn't make or break a great film to me. It certainly helps though.

I think the three greatest horror films ever made are Argento's Suspiria, Carpenter's The Thing, and Kargl's Angst.

All great choices. Suspiria is a masterpiece, maybe I shouldn't have changed my sig from it. I think The Thing is Carpenter's second best work (obviously behind Halloween) though. The Thing I guess could be categorized as a Sci-Fi film as well.

Personally though, my two favorite horror films are Fulci's Zombi and Bava's Demoni (Demons).

Two more great choices. The original Demons has one of the most entertaining premises I've ever seen in a film, a film within a movie theater, perfect. The sequel is a guilty pleasure of mine as well (great soundtrack for Demons 2).

I'll give you a top 3, X.

3. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood - I was a HUGE fan of the Friday the 13th films growing up, and for some reason... this film has always been my favorite from the franchise. I don't know... maybe it just reminded me so much of one of my other favorite films growing up, Firestarter, that attracted me to it? Or maybe I just like seeing little girls fuck shit up? Who knows? Whatever it is... I sure do love this movie. It's entertaining, thrilling, brutal... basically everything you could want in an 80's Slasher. I'll always love it.

2. Irréversible - I'm sure some don't consider this a horror film, but oh well... fuck them. I love this movie. Seeing it for the first time a couple of years ago, man... it was probably the hardest movie to ever sit through. It just makes you cringe, but that first experience means so much. I hadn't had one like that before I seen Irréversible, and I haven't had one since, nor do I think I ever will. But as time goes on and the more times I watch it, I really, really appreciate what this film is. From displaying violence in a realistic, ugly manner, to the INCREDIBLE CGI.... this film is just a masterpiece.

1. Halloween - I'm with X, guys... the greatest horror film of all time, hands down. I saw this when I was just a child, like the Friday the 13 films, and as I got older (aka not becoming a scary little bitch, lol), I fell in love with this film and the franchise and stayed in love. No horror film will ever surpass this one in my book. It's one of those rare films that will live forever, and so will the sequels. And even though there have been some great, great, GREAT sequels, nothing passes the original Halloween, and nothing ever will.

I'll give you a top 3, X.

3. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood - I was a HUGE fan of the Friday the 13th films growing up, and for some reason... this film has always been my favorite from the franchise. I don't know... maybe it just reminded me so much of one of my other favorite films growing up, Firestarter, that attracted me to it? Or maybe I just like seeing little girls fuck shit up? Who knows? Whatever it is... I sure do love this movie. It's entertaining, thrilling, brutal... basically everything you could want in an 80's Slasher. I'll always love it.

I too grew up a huge Friday the 13th fan, even before I got into the Halloween films. I dressed up as Jason for Halloween for almost a decade as a kid, year after year. I love Part VII, and have fond memories of watching it at a birthday party sleepover with my friends when I was in the 2nd grade. My favorite film in the Friday franchise is probably Part IV though, followed closely by Part 2 and Part 6. The original is a classic as well of course, but man those first seven Friday films were just classic slashers. I'm going to watch Part VII tomorrow I think.

2. Irréversible - I'm sure some don't consider this a horror film, but oh well... fuck them. I love this movie. Seeing it for the first time a couple of years ago, man... it was probably the hardest movie to ever sit through. It just makes you cringe, but that first experience means so much. I hadn't had one like that before I seen Irréversible, and I haven't had one since, nor do I think I ever will. But as time goes on and the more times I watch it, I really, really appreciate what this film is. From displaying violence in a realistic, ugly manner, to the INCREDIBLE CGI.... this film is just a masterpiece.

I would definitely consider this a horror film. Probably because in the truest sense of the word, it's fucking horrifying. Never have I seen a film do more with less when it comes to violence, and I truly think the film is a masterpiece. Unlike any other film I've seen it showcases violence for what it truly is in reality: cold, brutal, and repulsive.

1. Halloween - I'm with X, guys... the greatest horror film of all time, hands down. I saw this when I was just a child, like the Friday the 13 films, and as I got older (aka not becoming a scary little bitch, lol), I fell in love with this film and the franchise and stayed in love. No horror film will ever surpass this one in my book. It's one of those rare films that will live forever, and so will the sequels. And even though there have been some great, great, GREAT sequels, nothing passes the original Halloween, and nothing ever will.

Great minds think alike I see. The original Halloween, I mean...it just defines horror. It's called fucking Halloween for God's sake!

I have to go with Halloween, I remember the first time I ever saw this. I shit myself... By far one of the greatest horror films to ever be made. There are so many great aspects of this movie it would be pointless to go into them as it would be a review, and I don't feel like giving one right now.

Second the Exorcist... This was a creep movie... I laugh now though at some of the stuff. I find some of the things the girl says to be humorous...

It's hard for me to pick a favorite because I'm also a huge Horror fan, it's 90% of what I watch. But if I had to choose, I'd have to go with The Devil's Rejects. I love Rob Zombie's realistic, character driven style. I've never been a fan of supernatural stuff and the silent, masked killer of most Slasher films got old. I love how in TDR (and HO1KC for that matter) the focus is on the killers instead of the victims. Plus, the writing is just brilliant, you can be laughing one minute then disturbed the next. So yeah, I'd have to go with TDR.

Other favorites would be: All other Rob Zombie films, the Sleepaway Camp series, Pet Sematary, All the Child's Play's and Leprechaun's (well except "in Space"), Funny Games, Misery, The Girl Next Door, Cujo, The Dentist/The Dentist 2, Otis, The Hamiltons...and tons more.

I didn't grow up or watch many horror and slasher films as a kid, i know my sister did, but as i've gotten older i can appreciate them alot.

Halloween series- Michael Myers isn't a supernatural type killer, he's purely human but evil, he's brutal and goes along with most other horror figures wearing a mask. The films keep you in suspense and make you feel like Myers may just break into your home.

Friday The 13th Series- One of my all time favourite horror/slasher series, Jason prehaps the most well known figure, i've learnt to sit in my seat and just watch kill after kill no matter who brutal. The man is mentally disabled, silent and a indestructable mass murderer, and if you want to put it this way "A Mommas boy".

George A. Romero's Zombie films- Well i like zombie apocalypse's, Dawn Of The Dead and the Land Of The Dead...are two of my favourite zombie films.

Nightmare On Elm Street- I only just started to be able to watch Elm Street films all the way through, like Freddy is the being that kills you in your sleep, he represents "neglect of children", He was a child killer and that in itself is horrific..i think thats what helps make him a gruesome character. Also Wes Craven makes in depth characters and i think thats what makes his films great in my opinion.

Also another mention is Texas Chainsaw, i was able to sit through those movies as well....a man with human skin as a mask and a chainsaw and seeing graphic kills is a plus for me lol.

2md52dd.jpg

So, what's everyone else's favorite(s)?

Halloween is a fucking brilliant movie, without a doubt. If you had not have said it, I would have. It was one of the scariest and impressive movies I seen as a kid and when I watch it now, I am still taken aback by how good it truly is. You could watch it at any time of day, any time of year and at any age and it will still scare the shit out of you. I watched it just a few days ago and I literally had a moment when I just closed my eyes and thought, "This is why I watch movies, for moments like this".

However, you have covered it better than I ever could so I will go with a movie that I never, ever watched until about a month ago. I heard about the remake of the movie from a guy in my college class and I felt shocked that i had never seen it. Anyway, I am going to go with:

Stephen Kings: "IT"

it_new_movie_stephen_king_novel.jpg

Oh my God, my eyes were truly opened when I watched this movie. The only other Stephen King movie I had seen prior to this was The Shawshank Redemption and I absolutely adored it. So with high hopes, I downloaded this movie and went about watching it. I was blown away. Tim Curry in this movie is one of the finest acting displays I have ever seen and the movie itself is absolutely incredible. I hear many people talking about as being too long and "boring" but I could not disagree more. With every moment that passed watching this movie, I always felt that there was something more to it than telling a story. Finding that sort of connection with a movie is hard to come by for me and I was shocked at how good this movie was. Tim Curry, as I have said, was exceptional and really added something immense to this movie. A great movie that ranks up there as one of my all time favourites.

P.S. I also now hate clowns.​

Halloween is a fucking brilliant movie, without a doubt. If you had not have said it, I would have. It was one of the scariest and impressive movies I seen as a kid and when I watch it now, I am still taken aback by how good it truly is. You could watch it at any time of day, any time of year and at any age and it will still scare the shit out of you. I watched it just a few days ago and I literally had a moment when I just closed my eyes and thought, "This is why I watch movies, for moments like this".​

Indeed Dave, indeed. I've seen the film hundreds of times and it still never gets old. I could recite the lines by heart, and it still wouldn't fail to build suspense and dread. No other horror film comes even close to the sheer atmosphere that the film contains. Popping it into your DVD player is like stepping into childhood Halloween memories.

Stephen Kings: "IT"

it_new_movie_stephen_king_novel.jpg

Oh my God, my eyes were truly opened when I watched this movie. The only other Stephen King movie I had seen prior to this was The Shawshank Redemption and I absolutely adored it. So with high hopes, I downloaded this movie and went about watching it. I was blown away. Tim Curry in this movie is one of the finest acting displays I have ever seen and the movie itself is absolutely incredible. I hear many people talking about as being too long and "boring" but I could not disagree more. With every moment that passed watching this movie, I always felt that there was something more to it than telling a story. Finding that sort of connection with a movie is hard to come by for me and I was shocked at how good this movie was. Tim Curry, as I have said, was exceptional and really added something immense to this movie. A great movie that ranks up there as one of my all time favourites.

P.S. I also now hate clowns.​

Oh Dave, if you only knew how badly It scarred me as a child. I'll always recall the first time watching it (or attempting to). I was about six years old I believe, and my best friend and me had begged his mom to rent It for us. So, I'm spending the night over at his house, and we pop the movie in. Literally about one minute into the film, after the opening scene with Pennywise and the little girl, we both looked at each other, shut the video off, and said "...We'll watch the rest tomorrow."

We never did of course. One scene alone was enough to scare the shit out of us. Later on we finally watched the whole movie, and it was even more frightening than that first scene. I've seen the film several times since (still have the beat up old 2 VHS set) and it still frightens me. Maybe it's that clowns are just fucking scary, maybe it's that King is a genius horror writer and It is one of his best works. Mostly though, it's the clowns. Nasty buggers they are.

Definitely a classic. The ending still pisses me the fuck off though. So, so lame.​

I'm suprised no one has mentioned it, but I love the remake of Dawn of the Dead. Don't get me wrong the original is my favorite of all time, but the remake is a close second. It is just down right scary. Zombies creeped me out when they just limped around, but when they started to run I pretty much shit myself.

The remake of DoTD, got me jumping too, but i like zombie apocalypse films, because the characters can fight back to survive and bring brutal kills to the table and zombies can do the same, it makes it entertaining.

I recently found out that Jensen Ackles wast he killer in the remake of my Bloody Valentine...i was shocked one of my favourite tv stars the MBV killer.

Also xfearbefore you've renewed my interest in watching many horror and slasher films.

A question for you X.....I've only seen parts of the Halloween films, but is Laurie actually related to Myers...its cinfused me a bit because some say she is and isn't.

Pet Cemetary. Watched it for the first time when I was like 12. My room was in the attic, in the pitch black, and it freaked me the fuck out. It was another classic. "They all float down here Georgie". I love horror films, I own hundreds. But Pet Cemetary always comes to mind first.

Also xfearbefore you've renewed my interest in watching many horror and slasher films.

Good to know, let me know if you ever want any recommendations. When it comes to horror films, myself and TDigs (and JMT too) are likely the best people to go to. Slasher films in particular are a favorite genre of mine.

Pet Cemetary. Watched it for the first time when I was like 12. My room was in the attic, in the pitch black, and it freaked me the fuck out. It was another classic. "They all float down here Georgie". I love horror films, I own hundreds. But Pet Cemetary always comes to mind first.

Pet Sematary (sic) also scared the shit out of me as a kid, and still creeps me out. Mainly because of the flashback to the wife's aunt Zelda who was sick and decrepit in bed, that chick and that scene scared the everloving hell out of me for years. Still creeps me out.

A question for you X.....I've only seen parts of the Halloween films, but is Laurie actually related to Myers...its cinfused me a bit because some say she is and isn't.

Yes, Michael is Laurie's brother. Originally that wasn't the plan, as Carpenter never planned on making any sequels to the original Halloween, but (and this is a true story) one night he got drunk with Debra Hill (co-producer/writer) and they came up with the sister idea in order to make a sequel. Gotta love drunken ideas.

Halloween is definately my favourite horror, and its nice to see so many people on this thread share that view. Its just timeless, it doesnt need gore to bring fear, the perfect blend of suspense, sound and darkness. You know hes there, but you dont know when he is going to strike. Terrified me the first time I saw it, I remember constantly looking behind my back out of paranoia. When I went to bed, I climbed my stairs, saw my shadow and ducked :)

Dave summed it up best, but one thing I would like to mention, I always pretend none of the sequels exist, including Halloween II, while some of the sequels are ok, or even good.. I like to imagine none of it ever happened, it brings so much mystery to one of the greatest endings in horror, and makes the ending that much better.

Ive seen Dawn of the Dead has been mentioned, a great fun movie, but I would also like to mention Night of the Living Dead, which I personally prefer. Some of the acting is very shoddy as well as the dialogue, but in the 60's this movie would have been horrifying, and the black and white makes it even more gritty.

The movie is a slow one, concentrating more on the survivors banding together, and the eventual fights and collapse between them. This movie has many of the stereotypes that would become very common in zombie movies to come. The highlight of the movie is by far the final 15 minutes of the movie, when the slow pace stops, and all hell breaks loose. These final minutes are terrifying, and also includes one of my favourite deaths in any movie, its a fairly obvious death if you have seen it, but if not.. The death in the basement. It has to be seen to be understood why its just so creepy.

I should also say this movie has one of the ballsiest endings ive seen, creating so much meaning and symbolism that apparently George Romero didnt even intend, I would show a clip but I cant find one thats properly synced.

The ending to Night of the Living Dead is a stone cold classic, that can be seen as either bloody hilarious or tragic. I could find a clip but it'd be lost on the people watching it unless they've seen the movie.
I would have liked to see what Romero could have done with Day if his budget hadn't been massacred. That film was somewhat ruined by the appalling acting and was sub-dawn in every aspect. It does include the greatest zombie of all-time though, Bub.

The ending to Night of the Living Dead is a stone cold classic, that can be seen as either bloody hilarious or tragic. I could find a clip but it'd be lost on the people watching it unless they've seen the movie.
I would have liked to see what Romero could have done with Day if his budget hadn't been massacred. That film was somewhat ruined by the appalling acting and was sub-dawn in every aspect. It does include the greatest zombie of all-time though, Bub.

Day of the Dead was the first zombie movie I ever say and I still really enjoy it. It was a good zombie movie, but compared to a Romero zombie movie it wasn't very good. To me the ending completely feel flat and the acting wasn't very good.

Just for you X <3

Well, Dave is a bastard, because he took mine. Well, one of them. Two of the very few horror films ive seen that I consider to be just that, actual good films.

IT

Goodness. X hit it right on the head, this movie fucking scarred me. I saw it at the age of about 6, and it was fucking terrible. I was afraid to go near storm drains or into the fucking bathroom even, after that. I have stern conversations with my mother to this day about "how the fuck could you let a 6 year old kid watch that fucking movie?"...The part were they are looking into the old post card, and it comes to life....and Pennywise comes cartwheeling into it...goodness, pure fucking creepy, holy shit man. Great. great movie.

A nightmare on elm street.

This movie fucking rocks. an iconic killer, good cast, good script, good everything. One of my favorite lines from any movie ever....when the victim is running, and screams "oh my god" only to have Freddy appear behind them, and say in that deep Fred tone "THIS...is God...".....fuckin SICK man. Love this movie. I live in ultimate fear of the remake.

I'm in the minority that likes to have the living shit scared out of me. Blood and gore is nice, but I usually end up laughing at the sight of it. The psycho-thrillers are what really get me, and for that, my favorite horror movie is Audition. It has a lot of build, and then all at once hits you in the face with a big skull-fuck. I've only watched it a handful of times, because it leaves you with images that you just can't forget.

I also want to give a shout-out to Feast. I know a few of us around here have seen it, and it was truly a classic movie. It's not as scary as they intended, but it's still a lot of fun to watch.

Eh, maybe I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't really classify Let the Right One In as a horror film.

Definitely not in the minority. I've yet to find anyone that can give that movie a genre. It's not possible.

I for one absolutely adore Day of the Dead. It's not as good of a film as NOTLD or Dawn, but damnit if I don't end up enjoying it the most of any of the entries in the franchise. The acting is pretty bad, and if the film had been given the proper budget it could have truly been epic, but I still love it.

I mean, come on now, how can you not love this whippersnapper?

Day-of-the-dead-Bub-small.jpg

Just for you X <3

Well, Dave is a bastard, because he took mine. Well, one of them. Two of the very few horror films ive seen that I consider to be just that, actual good films.

IT

Goodness. X hit it right on the head, this movie fucking scarred me. I saw it at the age of about 6, and it was fucking terrible. I was afraid to go near storm drains or into the fucking bathroom even, after that. I have stern conversations with my mother to this day about "how the fuck could you let a 6 year old kid watch that fucking movie?"...The part were they are looking into the old post card, and it comes to life....and Pennywise comes cartwheeling into it...goodness, pure fucking creepy, holy shit man. Great. great movie.

Yeah the post card scene is one that is among the creepiest in the entire film (along with the head in the fridge), just the way he slowly makes his way up to the camera is just downright disturbing and creepy.

A nightmare on elm street.

This movie fucking rocks. an iconic killer, good cast, good script, good everything. One of my favorite lines from any movie ever....when the victim is running, and screams "oh my god" only to have Freddy appear behind them, and say in that deep Fred tone "THIS...is God...".....fuckin SICK man. Love this movie. I live in ultimate fear of the remake.

Indeed, can't go wrong with the original Nightmare on Elm Street, that film also creeped me out quite a bit as a child, especially during the scene when Nancy is daydreaming in school and she sees Tina's corpse just dragging along the hallways. Creep-tastic.

I'm in the minority that likes to have the living shit scared out of me. Blood and gore is nice, but I usually end up laughing at the sight of it. The psycho-thrillers are what really get me, and for that, my favorite horror movie is Audition. It has a lot of build, and then all at once hits you in the face with a big skull-fuck. I've only watched it a handful of times, because it leaves you with images that you just can't forget.

Uh-oh, don't mention Audition or TDigs might have to come in here and blast you man. I for one love Audition, though honestly the more times I see it, the less I seem to like it. Don't get me wrong, I still consider the film to be a classic of modern J-Horror but compared to some of Takashi Miike's other films, it just doesn't hold up to me. Ichi the Killer is Miike's best film in my opinion.

Audition is great though, especially the first time you see it. I saw the film when I was about 13 and it scared the pants off me, especially the scenes with the girl and her "slave" in her home. Maybe it's just me, but feeding someone your own vomit isn't a pleasant sight. I love when that phone rings for the first time though and the bag in the room just starts moving, that's just genius manipulation of the audience by Miike.

I also want to give a shout-out to Feast. I know a few of us around here have seen it, and it was truly a classic movie. It's not as scary as they intended, but it's still a lot of fun to watch.

I love Feast. I wouldn't rank it among the best horror films though, but it is a modern B-movie classic for sure, one that I'd rank right down the line with films like From Dusk Till Dawn in terms of sheer fun.

Speaking of From Dusk Till Dawn, if I could rightfully consider it a full-on horror film, it'd be here. It's probably just the most fun movie I've ever watched, there isn't a dull second in the entire film, and that first time you watch it is just epic when you get halfway through it and the vampires start flying around. I saw this movie years ago with no idea about what it was other than it had Quentin Tarantino in it, and when vampires started flying around I was one happy fucking customer. The first half is pure Tarantino perfection, great dialogue, great music, violent and brilliant all at once, and the second half is just pure Robert Rodriguez, an unadulterated thrill ride of fun (much like Planet Terror).

Uh-oh, don't mention Audition or TDigs might have to come in here and blast you man. I for one love Audition, though honestly the more times I see it, the less I seem to like it. Don't get me wrong, I still consider the film to be a classic of modern J-Horror but compared to some of Takashi Miike's other films, it just doesn't hold up to me. Ichi the Killer is Miike's best film in my opinion.

Sadly, I have yet to see Old Boy or Ichi The Killer. I want to, but until then, this ranks as my favorite. I'll listen to any argument about the others, but since I have nothing to go on for myself, this has to rank up there for me. Considering I live in a hillbilly corner of the world, it's tough to find anything that isn't mainstream, so I was lucky to find this and Feast...

Audition is great though, especially the first time you see it. I saw the film when I was about 13 and it scared the pants off me, especially the scenes with the girl and her "slave" in her home. Maybe it's just me, but feeding someone your own vomit isn't a pleasant sight. I love when that phone rings for the first time though and the bag in the room just starts moving, that's just genius manipulation of the audience by Miike.

I've only watched it about 5 times, so I guess it hasn't had time to wear thin on me. The scene you're referring to, with the bag, was listed on AFI's 100 Scariest Movie Moments ever. It is definitely the biggest symbol of the horror in that movie, but there's so much more around it. Like sawing the guys foot off with twine.

I love Feast. I wouldn't rank it among the best horror films though, but it is a modern B-movie classic for sure, one that I'd rank right down the line with films like From Dusk Till Dawn in terms of sheer fun.

This is why it only got a mention from me ;)

It's meant to be a horror film, but it definitely comes off as cheesy campy fun. I'm sure the scene where the girl comes to life and gets kicked out the door is meant to be scary, but I couldn't help but laugh as she chokes to death on...Well, I'll let the good people of WZ go find out for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back