• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fact or Fiction: TNA Being Cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_VonFong

Dark Match Winner
My first time starting a thread and what a topic I've chosen, eh?

So, on Bubba the Love Sponge's radio show this week he had an annonymous source from SpikeTV call in to talk about the future status of TNA. This "source" claimed that SpikeTV, upset with TNA's ratings and the firing of Bubba, were ready to pull the plug on Impact and will be doing it very soon. Here's the audio clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohJ0cz3QKMM

Sounds like a bunch of lies and BS to me. Mainly because Bubba the Love Sponge has no credibility whatsoever and will do whatever he needs to do to get attention and find ratings. He's the lowest common denominator in entertainment or media, worse than the hooker standing around the block.
Bubba is just a sad, fat, disgusting excuse for a human being and TNA shouldn't have allowed him into the company in the first place.

There's no way that Spike would give up on TNA this early, it would be a foolish move and decision made with panic instead of logic. It takes time to build a brand and increase your fan base and I just don't see Spike dropping Impact when it fits in so well with their style of programming and the demographic that they're aiming for.

Funniest part IMO, when they try to claim that Impact is the lowest rated show on Spike...that's so far from the truth its astounding. Also the "source" says at one point..."it's all about bringing in advertising, you know what I'm saying?" Hmmmm, no, i don't know what you're saying, what are you saying? That it's all about bringing in advertising? Is that what you said? You just said it, but I don't know what you're saying....idiot.

I hate Bubba the Love Sponge, do you know what I'm saying?

If you're going to bring in a fake source that's supposed to be credible then you could at least bring in a guy who doesn't sound like an uneducated moron.

Spike TV vice president of communications David Schwarz reached out to Prowrestling.net on Wednesday and made the following statement regarding Bubba The Love Sponge's anonymous caller.

"I can assure you the caller was a fake and TNA Impact is not only among the highest rated shows with young men on Spike, but on Thursday nights as well," Schwarz wrote. "This past Thursday, Among Basic Cable Networks between 9p-11p, TNA ranked #3 in M18-49 behind ESPN (NBA Conf Semis CAVALIERS/CELTICS) and TBS (Disturbia, Family Guy). And our relationship with Dixie (Carter) and TNA has never been stronger."

Source: prowrestling.net

Yeah I would take anything Bubba says with a grain of salt since he is obviously full of shit. No matter what people can say about TNA and their transition from Monday nights to Thursday night or their wrestling product, TNA isn't losing money or going anywhere soon.

They make up to 40 to 60 million dollars a year with booming house show attendance and merchandise. Even if Spike TV wanted to take Impact off the air which is their highest rated show, why would they take it off the air because Dixie fired Bubba? Who gives a flying fuck about Bubba? Spike TV could care less if Dixie fired him.

Bubba is the pot calling the kettle black every week when he talks about Dixie being a mark. Bubba is the biggest mark ever. The man just can't separate fantasy from reality. He can't come to terms with the idea that TNA doesn't need his toxic ass there. The man should get a life because its starting to get sad.

If Spike TV were going to cancel IMPACT! for any reason, it definitely would not be due Bubba the Love Sponge. Isn't it ironic that the person called to his show spreading this rumor. The only reason he came to TNA is probably because of Hulk Hogan.

Yeah I think everyone on this planet can see that this was just a bunch of bullshit perpetrated by Bubba because he's obviously still bitter about his time in TNA and being released.

My guess is Bubba paid off some dude to call in and pretend like Spike TV is pulling the plug on iMPACT when I haven't heard Spike say too many bad things about TNA if any (from what I heard they're very happy with TNA at this point). This is Bubba being a giant mark and a giant douche (the dude probably has a shrine dedicated to Hogan in his house), frankly I can't stand the guy and I'm just happy that I don't have to see or hear that obnoxious loudmouth every week.

It's absolutely positively 100% without a doubt fiction.

The Vice President of Spike TV, David Schwartz sent the following comment into ProWrestling.net regarding the caller who called into the Bubba the Love Sponge show claiming that Spike TV would be cancelling TNA Wrestling:

"I can assure you the caller was a fake and TNA Impact is not only among the highest rated shows with young men on Spike, but on Thursday nights as well," Schwarz wrote. "This past Thursday, Among Basic Cable Networks between 9p-11p, TNA ranked #3 in M18-49 behind ESPN (NBA Conf Semis CAVALIERS/CELTICS) and TBS (Disturbia, Family Guy). And our relationship with Dixie (Carter) and TNA has never been stronger."

Like Kenny Powers noted earlier, take whatever he has to say with a grain of salt. If the fact the caller called in and had to mask his voice and remained anonymous isn't proof enough for you, the fact that BTLS adores controversy more than Eric Bischoff should be that this was nothing more than a pot shot taken in retaliation by BTLS and/or his camp.

I had no idea who Bubba The Love Sponge was prior to being one of Hogan's tools, and I doubt anyone outside of the wrestling bubble or Florida area knows who he is either. He's a shock jock right? Someone that gets paid to do over the top things no normal person would do? Seems that this would be exactly that.

I hate TNA(Creative and Production), but I can't bring myself to believe something so asinine.

It's completely false. David Schwartz, the communications VP at Spike put out a statement today that the rumors are completely false. According to Schwartz's statement; "I can assure you the caller was a fake and TNA iMPACT is not only among the highest rated shows with young men on Spike, but on Thursday nights as well. This past Thursday, Among Basic Cable Networks between 9p-11p, TNA ranked #3 in M18-49 behind ESPN (NBA Conf Semis CAVALIERS/CELTICS) and TBS (Disturbia, Family Guy) And our relationship with Dixie and TNA has never been stronger."

So no, TNA isn't going anywhere though I wouldn't be at all surprised if TNA has lost a lot of money over the past several months. Of course, I don't know that for certain as TNA isn't a publicly traded company. But, TNA has shelled out a lot of money to bring in big name wrestlers in and going live head to head against Raw all while having lost a significant amount of viewers in a very short time. Supposedly, they're making some big budget cuts this week that's been said to include some of their roster.

But, at any rate, Bubba's full of shit and TNA iMPACT! isn't going anywhere for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back