• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Edge's return- we may have a Rated R Rumble

Rated_R_Superstar2010

Respect My Authoritay!!!
Big Update: Edge Possibly Returning at The Royal Rumble
by Nick Paglino
Jan 22, 2010 The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Edge's Achilles heel injury is healing ahead of schedule, and there is a possibility that he might be ready to return to the ring in time for The Royal Rumble. If he does not return then, the feeling is that he will most likely return shortly after the PPV. Either way, it seems that he will be returning prior to WrestleMania which would allow him to wrestle at the big PPV. We exclusively reported last week that WWE definitely wants to book Edge vs Chris Jericho for Mania, playing off the angle set up between the two of them when Jericho replaced Edge with Big Show as his tag team partner.

looks like everyone's favorite rated r superstar is coming back at the rumble. just so happens i got tickets, yes be jealouse. anway like im sure alot of you hoped edge will be facing jericho at mania. edge being the face and jericho the heel of course. if edge doesnt come back at the rumble then i think they should wait till the EC. edge deserves to have a big comback.

so what do you all think of the current plan??

They need a few suprise participants, so Edge coming back is the right move. It's better to bring him back now so he can get into shape and set up a storyline with Jericho for WM. I'm glad he's coming back. He's sorely missed on SD.

i really hope that Edge comes back at the rumble and wins it.... and then Jericho wins the World Title from Taker at elimination chamber... but that might not work....

there are soo many things that can happen in the WWE from the rumble till mania...

obviously they can have HBK win so he earns his shot at taker...they could have HHH win and challenge sheamus... they could have dibiase win after orton beats sheamus and then go with that for a mania match.. never know...

sure, ppl want HBK vs Taker again... but i think the best thing to happen for mania is this:

Edge comes back and wins rumble, Jericho wins elimination chamber and then we get Edge vs. Jericho for the World Heavyweight Title at mania (they could also just have edge come back and not win the rumble but take out jericho and start a feud without the belt)

HHH turns on HBK and eliminates him in the rumble somewhat near the end...they then lose the titles and somehow we get an HBK vs HHH at mania...

in the end, i want the following matches for mania (not sure where the titles will lie tho...but these have a legit shot of happening):

Edge vs. Jericho
HBK vs. HHH
Orton vs. Dibiase
Taker vs. Cena/Batista
Punk vs. Mysterio (hair vs mask)
Bret vs. Vince (street fight)
MITB with the likes of Kofi, Christian, Miz, Mcyntire, Swagger, MVP, Morrison, Kane

thats 7 out of probably 9 matches... add in a womens match like maryse vs. someone or a womens battle royal...and then maybe an ECW title match and switch up the names in the MITB...however, this does leave big show out of the mix... but maybe if WWE can somehow get the Rock back to face Cena...then big show can get in with batista and taker or something...

As for having surprise participants in the rumble... i believe they already have 28 out of the 30 spots confirmed... so that leaves one spot for Edge.. and then another spot for someone else... nothing like last year where there were like 6-7 unknowns by the day of the rumble..this year we know 28 out of 30 2 weeks before the rumble..

Truth be told, since Edge got injured I have slowly been turned off from watching SD. CM Punk, Jericho and Taker are all fine superstars but Edge was what made SD special to me, particularly during his stint with Vickie. Now that he's due back soon, I'm hoping to be able to actually sit and get through an ep of SD without turning off out of boredom.

Let's just hope he gets a light schedule to begin with and doesn't aggravate his achilles/injure his other one out of compensation. WWE have a bad habit of throwing their talent into the deep end fresh out of an injury recovery, so fingers crossed they've grown a brain stem.

Finally Edge makes his return. If Edge returns at the rumble I would love to see a spot where Edge eliminates himself and Jericho and they continue to brawl outside the ring and it has to be broken up by officials. Or WWE can throw a curve ball and not even have Edge in the match, just have him come out in street clothes and eliminate Jericho. From there they can go to elimination chamber and Jericho can eliminate Edge from the chamber match. leading them up to mania. I think its better to have a feud between them without the belt, they are big enough stars not to need the belt to further theyre fued, same gose for Undertaker and HBK, while on the other hand HHH and Sheamus need the belt for theyre feud to have meaning.

IMO HHH will eliminate HBK to win the rumble, DX will lose the tag titles after to Hart Dynasty.

Also I would love if a guy like McIntyre won MITB and cashed in on Taker after a brutal match with HBK and won, which would give McIntyre a huge push and can reignite the feud began with Vince and Taker because Vince's hand picked guy beat Taker.

Oh MAN would I ever shit if that music hit at number 30 in the rumble. The look on Jericho's face would be absolutely priceless. I dont see having Edge win the rumble as a plausable thing, obviously, if they want to do a Jericho - Edge payoff, but if they have them eliminate each other, or something to that effect, it would work. However, I wont get my hopes up, as this is likely just hype mongering by some fool who doesnt have a clue. Achillies injuries are nothing to fuck around with, so rushing him back would be a giant mistake, especially when The EC would be another perfect place to have a suprise return.

Having Edge make a shocking return at the Rumble would be awesome. I don't think he should return as #30 and win it though.... he could show up out of nowhere and cost Jericho a win or something. That'd be awesome and would set up their feud for Wrestlemania. They shouldn't risk him getting hurt again though, so if he is not at 100% yet then I think they could wait until Elimination Chamber.

Why? It was exactly one year ago that Edge shocked everyone with his World Championship win in the Raw elimination chamber moments after losing the WWE Championship in the Smackdown elimination chamber. Returning at the show where he made history one year ago would be great, he could cost Jericho a win there just as easily as he could cost Jericho the win in the Royal Rumble match.

Either way, I cannot WAIT for Edge's return because he's the face of Smackdown and his feud with Jericho for Wrestlemania should be nothing short of epic.

I think the Edge-Jericho feud would be great...two of the greatest stars, former tag team partners ripping the hell out of each other at WM. however with that said i hope as said above that he comes out in street clothes and interferes...but have him come out when it is HBK and Y2J left in the ring, Jericho hits a code breaker and HBK is down, as he is getting up Edge spears y2j and walks back up the ramp or bundies out of the arena then set up for a SCM by HBK to eliminate jericho. this would set up a feud of massive proportions have Jeri-Show attack Edge, or try to but he gets saved by Matt Hardy and Christian. could lead to a tag/singles match at EC and instead of having :worship:EDGE VS :banghead:JERICHO at WRESTLEMANIA, have them in the MITB ladder match and we could see some carnage like Jeff diving off the ladder at Edge, and the Edge spear of a ladder to Jeff Hardy could be great and continues to develop over 2010-beyond

A Rated R Rumble would be absolutely awesome, especially considering Edge never won the Rumble.

He could be making a surprise return as number 30 if you ask me, just to make the impact so much bigger, but if he then goes on to win the Rumble, that would ofcourse ruin the whole chance of a Jericho-Edge feud, unless WWE goes ahead and hands Jericho another title-reign at EC or some Smackdown taping, which I highly doubt they would ever be doing, so Edge is probably not gonna win the rumble, sadly.

But I guess we'll have to sit back, and wait for the participants rolling inside of the ring one by one, and see if Edge happens to pop up in between the numbers :)

I'm liking the idea of having Edge come out as a Royal Rumble entrant, and eliminating Jericho and himself over the top rope and then a brawl ensuing outside the ring. That would be the perfect way set up the Y2J/Edge feud heading towards Wrestlemania, and I'm pretty sure we're not going to see Edge win the Rumble so I figure if anything that's the direction WWE is gonna take if Edge appears at the Rumble. I'm not so sure what would happen if WWE waits till EC to have Edge return....all I know is that his injury was very serious when it happened, and even if he's healing ahead of schedule they shouldn't risk him re-injuring it by too early a return. That being said, I'd like to see Edge come back at the Rumble, but I think it should be held off till EC.

I think that him returning at the Royal Rumble would be great he could elimante Chris Jericho and win the Royal Rumble.

Then at the EC Jericho could win the title and Edge could challenge him at WrestleMania so you still have your Edge vs. Jericho match it is just better now because the title is on the line.

I personally can't wait for Edge to come back he is my favorite on Smackdown right now and they really need him right now.

So I think that there is a better chance that he will return at the Royal Rumble instead of the EC.

Yeah, Edge coming back at the Rumble as a surprise entrant would be awesome. It's been said before, while I wouldn't mind seeing him win the whole thing I'd rather see him cost Jericho the match setting up a match between the two of them at Wrestlemania. Assuming Edge does return at the Royal Rumble, this would be a great opportunity to start the angle that the seeds were planted for when he was injured. WWE better not screw this up. :)

I really want edge to return at the royal rumble but I don't want him to win it as much as I want him to cost jericho a royal rumble match. Because if Edge wins the royal rumble to suceed their so much anticipated rivalry Jericho has to win the title which I wouldn't mind just don't want that to happen right now. But we really have to wait this Sunday at the Royal Rumble. But like someone said they should wait until Elimination Chamber which i think will be more exciting to me cause I'll be there watching. But as long as the titles not on the line it should be OK.

Edge has never won the Royal Rumble as much as it would be the perfect time for him to do it with his impending return, he still has a feud with Jericho to finish. He could screw Jericho out of it and they can feud for the World title or not. It doesn't matter, but that is who he has to face at Wrestle Mania. He is deeply missed on SmackDown and it'll be a glorious day when he returns there.

I hope he returns at the rumble just for the sake of coming back and start getting the rust of before Wrestle Mania.

Well,For sure the idea of Edge's return at rumble works,but how?

We know he's gonna have a feud with jericho but how do they want to build it up at rumble?edge comes as a surprise entrant & win the rumble?I'm sure it won't happen.why?cuz it's what exactly happened 2 years ago and it's a lame idea to repeat it.

he eliminates y2j and himself?it doesn't work again.why?the heat between these two wasn't that much.jericho just did a a little trash talking about him.

the best way i think is not to make him return at 30 man RR.i think he should enter WHC and win the world title.this is a way that fits Edge's character and else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back