• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Jericho's Return

While other posters before me made some great statements that I agree with.

What simply makes me say no to this, is I think he will return as a Face. I think his return has become anticipated, and he was being cheered before he left. So the moment he walks out on stage, I can see an explosion from the crowd.

But another thing is I do not want to see Edge Vs. Jericho at back to back Wrestlemanias. So if Jericho wins the Rumble, and he decides to face Edge. Either the score is evened up, which means Jericho loses after winning the Rumble. Or Edge loses 2 years in a row to Jericho.

If Jericho is somehow a Heel at Wrestlemania. If the rumors are true about Goldberg being inducted into The HOF and wrestling his final match. I would like to see it be against Jericho.

So, my opinion on the whole thing is against Jericho winning the Rumble. I think there a numerous other options to go with, that will benefit him, the WWE and also us fans.

Wow, I never even began to think of the unfinished business between Jericho and Goldberg. Jericho has always been top notch, better than Goldberg since WCW. Yea Goldberg was strong and he could spear and plex his opponents to peices but Y2J has always had strategy and skill, I think this would be a pretty great mania match. Goldberg would probably only agree if he wins because he thinks he knows what's best about wrestling but I think if that match would happen, Jericho should win. So good point, another possibility for a return.

Wow, I never even began to think of the unfinished business between Jericho and Goldberg. Jericho has always been top notch, better than Goldberg since WCW. Yea Goldberg was strong and he could spear and plex his opponents to peices but Y2J has always had strategy and skill, I think this would be a pretty great mania match. Goldberg would probably only agree if he wins because he thinks he knows what's best about wrestling but I think if that match would happen, Jericho should win. So good point, another possibility for a return.

Yeah, Jericho as a Heel, makes this a great opportunity. Though I would rather see Jericho win, if it is really Goldberg's final match, he should win. He was so dominant in his career, it is fitting that he goes out with a victory.

Also, Jericho will make Goldberg look good. Though it isn't going to be an Iron Man Match, it does not have to be a squash match either. Goldberg could be sold as somewhat rusty, allowing Jericho to work most of the match with Goldberg on the mat and hitting many high impact moves. Then hitting the Spear and Jackhammer at the end, getting the win.

But the build up on this could be epic. If they decide to do the whole WCW themed HOF, it would be natural with Jericho as a Heel, opposing the induction of Goldberg or of WCW period. With Goldberg being the main inductee for WCW, he stands up for it, against Jericho.

There could be some backstory to this as well. When things went sour for Jericho in WCW, and he left for WWF/E. Goldberg was basically the man on top.

So, worked appropriately, this angle could be one of the better ones in recent years, if not all time.

Yeah, Jericho as a Heel, makes this a great opportunity. Though I would rather see Jericho win, if it is really Goldberg's final match, he should win. He was so dominant in his career, it is fitting that he goes out with a victory.

Also, Jericho will make Goldberg look good. Though it isn't going to be an Iron Man Match, it does not have to be a squash match either. Goldberg could be sold as somewhat rusty, allowing Jericho to work most of the match with Goldberg on the mat and hitting many high impact moves. Then hitting the Spear and Jackhammer at the end, getting the win.

But the build up on this could be epic. If they decide to do the whole WCW themed HOF, it would be natural with Jericho as a Heel, opposing the induction of Goldberg or of WCW period. With Goldberg being the main inductee for WCW, he stands up for it, against Jericho.

There could be some backstory to this as well. When things went sour for Jericho in WCW, and he left for WWF/E. Goldberg was basically the man on top.

So, worked appropriately, this angle could be one of the better ones in recent years, if not all time.

that's true. Interpromotional feuds are the most exciting thing in pro wrestling and this would be a huge flashback to the whole WCW invasion. It would be Bill's last match and Jericho has at leas 2 more world championships to win in the future so losing wouldn't be all to bad. This could be a great return angle for both men. I don't actually want Goldberg in the HOF, he wrestled for such a short time and alot was given to him even though he didn't comply to well. But I'd love the idea of a WCW HOF, get Sting and Nash in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back