Edge/Vickie Gettin' Hitched

Well the wedding is most likely there as the gong-moment for the Undertaker to signal his return.

In a way, I'm sort of expecting the WWE to go all-out between the draft/NOC and the wedding, by possibly having Vickie win that new "Divas Championship" garbage, Chavo steal the US title from Hardy, and for Finlay and Hornswoggle to win the tag titles (ugh) but lose it almost immediately to Ryder/Hawkins. That way you've got the entire stable with every single championship on Smackdown, completely fucking over everyone else. By the end of Summerslam, Hardy gets his US title back, Undertaker wins his WHC back, Michelle most likely wins the Divas championship and starts a feud with Natalya, and honestly I think they'd keep the tag team titles on Ryder/Hawkins just so its not a total wipe out.

Firstly, it gives them a ton of heat. Secondly, it builds anticipation towards damn near guaranteed title changes at Summerslam (which they obviously would want to be a success as its one of their "big 4"). And thirdly, when its all over, people can go back to their normal jobs, Vickie not existing, Chavo being a tag team with Neely and/or a jobber in the midcard division, etc.

Well the wedding is most likely there as the gong-moment for the Undertaker to signal his return.

In a way, I'm sort of expecting the WWE to go all-out between the draft/NOC and the wedding, by possibly having Vickie win that new "Divas Championship" garbage, Chavo steal the US title from Hardy, and for Finlay and Hornswoggle to win the tag titles (ugh) but lose it almost immediately to Ryder/Hawkins. That way you've got the entire stable with every single championship on Smackdown, completely fucking over everyone else. By the end of Summerslam, Hardy gets his US title back, Undertaker wins his WHC back, Michelle most likely wins the Divas championship and starts a feud with Natalya, and honestly I think they'd keep the tag team titles on Ryder/Hawkins just so its not a total wipe out.

Firstly, it gives them a ton of heat. Secondly, it builds anticipation towards damn near guaranteed title changes at Summerslam (which they obviously would want to be a success as its one of their "big 4"). And thirdly, when its all over, people can go back to their normal jobs, Vickie not existing, Chavo being a tag team with Neely and/or a jobber in the midcard division, etc.

Then what happens to Edge? I seriously hope the let his character grow a pair by the end of the year. He is far too talented a wrestler to keep pretending to be a coward, though he is over in that role. Tha's why I suggested the 'Buried Alive' match angle for SS. After he gets put in the ground, he isn't seen on tv for a few weeks. When he comes back, Edge will be a changed man, a lot more evil and violent than before.

You are right though. Taker is going to be the one to ruin the wedding. He and Edge are going to fight over the belt for the rest of the summer by the looks of it. I even heard a rumor about the WWE considering booking Edge to win the Rumble next year.

Then what happens to Edge? I seriously hope the let his character grow a pair by the end of the year. He is far too talented a wrestler to keep pretending to be a coward, though he is over in that role. Tha's why I suggested the 'Buried Alive' match angle for SS. After he gets put in the ground, he isn't seen on tv for a few weeks. When he comes back, Edge will be a changed man, a lot more evil and violent than before.

You are right though. Taker is going to be the one to ruin the wedding. He and Edge are going to fight over the belt for the rest of the summer by the looks of it. I even heard a rumor about the WWE considering booking Edge to win the Rumble next year.

I forgot to say "Edge stays the main event heel on Smackdown". He's way too good for them to just toss to the dumpster afterward and make it seem like he has no ability on his own and only wins championships because of 5-on-1 efforts.

I'd love to see Edge win the Royal Rumble at some time, but I think once they're done with Taker/Edge, they shouldn't go back to it at WrestleMania. I'm hoping that Kennedy is the winner of RR'09 and challenges for the WWE title (whoever the champ is at the time) and they capitalize on Cena/Taker (despite how I don't like Cena).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back