• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teddy Long Is Out; Should Vickie Be The New Permanent GM?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Tonight on Smackdown, Teddy Long was attacked backstage. He was taken away in an ambulance. Long looks like he's going to be out for a while, so this leaves Vickie Guerrero in charge.

We've seen Vickie play the GM role plenty of times before, but like it or not, she can be a good heel, and she can ALWAYS get tons of heat. I know this has been done before, but who else could you see playing the GM role? I seriously can't think of anyone who could play the evil GM role better than Vickie.

Vickie is now in control of Smackdown, but how long will she play this role? I think there's a good chance Vickie could take over permanently. She could reign supreme over the blue brand again, and this could mean wonders for Dolph. I still don't think Dolph will take the title off of Edge at the Rumble, but a boost for Vickie could help elevate Dolph even more.

What do you think about Vickie taking control of Smackdown again?

She isn't already been put at the position? I mean, I could have sworn she was making matches and shit, and was likely having as much power on screen as Teddy ever showed. I guess you have to go with Vickie as the GM, and I like this.

First of all, this will essentially do wonders for Dolph. Yes, he's pretty much going to become Edge 2.0, but that's not an outright horrible thing. If you're going to pattern a main event push, why not pattern after perhaps the most successful mid card push of the last five years? This can also do good for Edge, if done appropriately. In recent attempts to play the whole authority vs. superstar storyline, often what is missing is a past history to work off of. Vickie was ok with Edge, but she never really had anything personal against anyone that was put in front of her. It was always, "Well, you're fighting my husband, so I don't like you". With this, you have a fleshed out history to work off of, and a hellbent, scorn lover who is likely still seeking vengeance. It leads to potentially the best type of GM VS. Wrestler storyline ever done... In theory. If they can actually make it work.

This can actually be good for the main event scene on Smackdown, and perhaps prolong an Edge-Ziggler feud beyond the Royal Rumble

I wonder when he is coming back. He might have had another Heart attack when that first happened that was my first thought then I saw the Corre. Either way, I am not liking this storyline even if he becomes the GM on Raw. Stay well Teddy!

I see WWE having her in control, being the bias GM who wants to get the belt on Ziggler, until about Mania. Then Long will make a comeback and put an end to her 'reign of terror'. I like Vickie Guerrero and I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with her becoming the temporary GM in Long's absence. To me she fits the evil GM character better than most and plays the role perfectly, especially when she has a love interest to play off of. Vickie draws heat like no other in the WWE and I think it's perfectly fine that she'll most likely be in control for a little while.

Well, at the moment Vickie is drawing tons of heat and there is really no other person who could be the GM of Smackdown other than her. The only reason why I do not want this to happen is because this will lead to Dolph Ziggler main eventing WrestleMania against Edge for the Smackdown brand. As good as Ziggler is, I do not feel that he is ready to main event Mania. Even if Ziggler main events Mania off Vickie's back, its gonna do him no favors in the long run. The difference between Ziggler's association with Vickie and Edge's association with Vickie was that Edge was a proven main eventer before he got associated with Vickie. If Ziggler main events Mania, it will seems that he has only done so because of Vickie and when he breaks away from her, no one will be ready to buy him as a main eventer.

So Ziggler would be best served to main event only after he finishes off his association with Vickie.

I think it will last til after WrestleMania.. She will do all she can for Dolph with that time, he can be become really over as well.. I don't think he will get the title, but if theres a MitB match at Mania.. I could say Dolph will take down the briefcase..

Vickie is probably the bes heel GM we've seen since Eric Bischoff and she gets sooo much heat that the live crowd can't even hear what she says.. I think Smackdown is about to get a little bit interesting! :)

Well, at the moment Vickie is drawing tons of heat and there is really no other person who could be the GM of Smackdown other than her. The only reason why I do not want this to happen is because this will lead to Dolph Ziggler main eventing WrestleMania against Edge for the Smackdown brand. As good as Ziggler is, I do not feel that he is ready to main event Mania. Even if Ziggler main events Mania off Vickie's back, its gonna do him no favors in the long run. The difference between Ziggler's association with Vickie and Edge's association with Vickie was that Edge was a proven main eventer before he got associated with Vickie. If Ziggler main events Mania, it will seems that he has only done so because of Vickie and when he breaks away from her, no one will be ready to buy him as a main eventer.

So Ziggler would be best served to main event only after he finishes off his association with Vickie.

I'm back and forth on this one. I like the idea of Dolph Ziggler kind of being another underdog heel main eventer... Similar to Chris Jericho when he was in an alliance with Stephanie, but still a lot different. However he's in the process of making a name for himself and is obviously using Vickie to do it. I actually wouldn't be opposed to seeing this dynamic with Ziggler as champion and his girlfriend as GM. I think they could get more heat with this angle than any other angle in the main event level if they were to capitalize on this opportunity.
On the other hand I agree wholeheartedly with the above quote, and add that Guerrero has been diminishing the value of Ziggler's potential solo effectiveness, and so he can't headline a Wrestlemania... at least not one on one.
So here's my idea as a compromise. Vickie is acting GM. Ziggler defeats Edge at Rumble. Big Show come close to winning the Rumble, but the next week on SmackDown earns #1 contendership for World Title at Elimination Chamber. Edge costs Ziggler the title and Show goes on to headline Mania as champion and somehow it becomes a Triple Threat Match at Mania for World Title.
I'd actually rather see Big Show win the Rumble like I think he's capable of doing, but I don't think officials are interested in such. If so, Show could win the Rumble and challenge for the World Title, thus coming in between an epic feud of Edge vs Ziggler w/Guerrero for a Triple Threat Match at Mania.
Either way, Big Show is not only deserving, but acts as a buffer between Ziggler's greenness and Edge's staleness. Vickie being a perfect villain can't get rid of Big Show, but will certainly piss him off along the way, and of course Edge has his ways of remaining in the title picture. Everyone's happy. Have whomever you want win the triple threat match at mania, but I'd prefer to see Edge NOT walk out with the strap.
Vickie should, yes, be temporary or semi permanent GM, making for a very effective power couple the likes of Triple H and Stephanie, or of course Edge and Vickie

Should she?? sure why not. if teddy is gone, who else could it be? its nothing new that we haven't seen before. GM Vickie helping her "boyfriend" get to the top. Vickie gets a lot of heat as already mentioned. though this should be interesting though to see her interactions along with the corre now though....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Sorry...I'm really sick of Vickie. I understand that she draws more heat than anybody ever...except maybe Michael Cole...but I hate her so much. Yes, that's her reason for being there. I'm supposed to hate her with a passion. But I don't hate her because she's a good heel. I hate her because she's annoying as hell, she's all that Michael Cole can talk about on Smackdown, and I can't stand how the WWE want me to believe she's an attractive cougar...yuck! Even if they're going for irony, I can't stand her... There is no way I'd rather have her over Teddy Long. I'd rather have Michael Cole over Vickie, and if you've read my posts on Cole you know how big a deal that is...

Personally Im about sick of Teddy And Vicky switching off as GM every couple months
Teddy's GM-Hart Attack
Vicky's GM-Moves to Raw
Teddy as ECW GM-Moves to SD
Vicky back on SD as Consultant-Teddy's Attacked
Vicky's GM

Vicky needs to stay a valet and Teddy needs to go away

Neither need to be SD GM or Raw GM for that matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads