• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Edge/Vickie Gettin' Hitched

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
So, after tonight's episode of Smackdown, it was revealed that Edge & Vickie Guerrero are indeed involved with each other, romantically.

So, what is everyone's overall opinion on this matter. Does it offend you, do you think it'll help or hurt Edge's character? Does this make you think of the next version of Edge & Lita?

In all honesty, I have to say when I first heard about this it made me sick to see the W.W.E. using Vickie Guerrero this way. But after seeing it on t.v., I truly think this storyline will capture a lot of viewers, simply because people are going to be flocking to see what happens next.. & even more so, because people are going to be wanting to hate Edge even more now.

The downside through my eyes is, this kinda hurts Edge's character.. as (no offense to her) Vickie Guerrero is no "Lita" & her looks aren't exactly those of which I'd assume Edge would be attracted to. When you think of the Edge character, you likely think that he could get someone the quality of a Victoria, or Maria, or even Candice, or any of the "hot" divas.. but seeing him with Vickie almost makes it completely fake.

I'm also not sure how to assume the Guerrero family could or would see this. I mean, my biggest reaction is going to see the on-air reaction to Chavo Guerrero toward Edge.

So, what are everyone else's opinions of this newly formed alliance in love?

I think its a good move, it fits Edge's heel persona. Edge is a self serving ego maniac who will do anything to be World Champ again even if it means having an affair with the GM.

Yep, I doubt WWE booked Edge to 'truly love' Vickie. It should be revealed in months to come, that he is actually using Vickie for his own interests, presumably after attaining his goal of being a World champion again, and probably hook up with another random hotter Diva just to get her off his back.

This would bring a fresh angle to Smackdown, never seen again since Stephanie Mcmahon seldom make appearances. It's usually the conventional GM/Vince against superstar. Vince vs Undertaker. Vince vs HHH. Bah, that's boring. Getting a female into a feud should be interesting.

From an ethical point of view, I dunno if it's right. I dun think the WWE has paid enough respect to the late Eddie for all his contributions to the company in his days. Besides using his death as an on-air angle, they're using his wife in a sordid love affair now? But who am I to judge? Nobody said the entertainment business world is fair in the first place. I guess, it's good if it helps the business pick up.

I'm a little annoyed by this angle, butthat'll probably go away as it continues. I think latley WWE has not paid tribute to Eddie enough to have this storyline take place. I'd rather see this storyline with Edge and mabey Rey who would be trying to defend Eddie's honor. Anyway as far as the angle itself. It fits perfectly into the Rated R Superstar Gimmick. Just as long as Edge keeps the bed out of the middle of the ring with Vickie I'll be fine. I can see Edge screwing Batista over with the help of Vickie in the near future, and I do see Edge eventually turning his back on Vickie possibly setting up a small feud with someone other then Taker or Batista before WM.

I think this could be a good thing, after all last nights SD! was one of the best ina very very very long time, I'd even say better than most Raws, it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out, I could see things going down with Taker screwing Edge next week in his title match, then a triple threat will be set up for Armageddon between Edge/Batista/Taker, and then I think we could see something similer to the Diesel/Taker feud in '96, that led to WM, after the Taker/Edge feud ends I could see the possibility of a Edge/Mysterio feud, and maybe a short Chavo/Edge, and then I think we could something interesting happening when Edge gets caught cheating on Vickie (they may be the most entertaining part yet), cause you know Vickie will use her GM power to punish Edge

I could see things going down with Taker screwing Edge next week in his title match, then a triple threat will be set up for Armageddon between Edge/Batista/Taker

This is my biggest problem with everything. Vickie Guerrero is trying to basically HAND Edge the World Championship, so with what Taker did to her.. why not make the match stipulation, that if Undertaker interferes, or attacks Edge in any way.. Batista is automatically stripped of the Championship.

I don't want a stupid Triple Threat Match, where Edge could likely get screwed outta the title. I want him to just get it now. And a World Championship title change on regular t.v. may be what their ratings need.

There's no reason for me to get annoyed by this. Because of Eddie Guerrero? People moves on after their partner passes away (even though Edge/Vickie is only a storyline & not reality. We might even see Edge and Vickie perform some "Live Sex" to celebrate next time Edge wins a World title. Personally I think the angle is brilliant. I know Edge is only using Vickie to get what he wants and this all fits in with Edge's character as the Rated R Superstar.

I like it just b/c its going to be exciting to watch wat unfolds. Anyway u look at this, it still gives Edge more heat and the helps him as a heel. I think down the line Edge will end up "dumping" vickie and maybe verbally or physichaly attact her then somebody like Rey can come out and defend her setting up an Edge Vs. Mysterio feud. But really i think at least its interesting and will make Edge more hated which is great.

I saw SmackDown last night and it will be the last time I watch it again especially after the sick and twisted minds of Triple H and And Stephanie McMahon who are Chief Brand Storyline Writers for WWE who also have the final say on storylines. Stephanie goes on about how sick her Dad has been what about making up storylines in the past but what about the Storyline between Edge And Vick Guerrero talk about uggghhhhh sick she's older enough to be his mother for god sake I hope The Guerrero fFamily disown Her to be honest and I hope in time we will see a McMahon or Someone like Ric Flair or JBL become General Managers Of SmackDown one day.

WWE can go two ways with this angle, thats a very very good way. Which is running with it and then edge ditching her after winning the title or getting fed up of not winning the title and ditching her leading to a fued with rey or chavo.

Or

This will be another teddy long/ diva* story-line which will bored the hell outa me fast. Thats why i am hoping for the first story-line.

And as for what chavo & and the rest of the family would make of it, i am sure they will be fine with it or it would not be done. I really can't see vicky jumping to anything like this with out ask chavo and the rest of eddies family first and the kids.

I don't approve of this angle. Unless Edge's character makes it obvious that he's only doing this for the world title. I feel Chavo coming into this when he finds out the Edge never "loved" her. Therefore we will see a short-lived Edge/Chavo feud. Overall I am surprised by the idea. WWE is really retarted, but I guess they'll literally do anything for ratings. I just hope this angle won't last long.

I love this storyline already lol, when I read the spoilers and it said that Edge and Vickie are "together" I decided to watch SmackDown again. If it is going to play out the way it was rumoured to than this should be a good storyline(It was rumoured that he was only going using her to get what he wants and ditch her before they get intimate, Edge style).

About the whole Eddie thing, I think this is not disrespectful to Eddie at all, for one, Vickie agreed to do this and two, Eddie agreed to do a storyline where he was trying to steal Rey's kid Dominick, so I don't see any problem with this.

This storyline has officially begun the Edge-Taker saga and it is going to be a great feud which will more than likely end at WrestleMania 24.

There's no reason for me to get annoyed by this. Because of Eddie Guerrero? People moves on after their partner passes away (even though Edge/Vickie is only a storyline & not reality. We might even see Edge and Vickie perform some "Live Sex" to celebrate next time Edge wins a World title. Personally I think the angle is brilliant. I know Edge is only using Vickie to get what he wants and this all fits in with Edge's character as the Rated R Superstar.

HA! I swear on all that I love about wrestling, if that happens (the live sex) i will gouge my eyes out and set myself on fire.

It is kinda creepy seeing them kiss like that, but Eddie had a whole story with Chyna and the Mammacitas, which im sure made Vicki uncomfortable. I do agree with moving on, and its only for the show, and Id be Eddie would be ok with it if he were still with us.

Alright, here's what should happen, with this storyline. I think that Edge should either win the World Title or become Tag Team Champion with Chavo. Ultimately, it should lead to a feud with Taker, but i think that Rey should be involved too. So if it's Tag Team Gold, have Edge and Chavo feud with Taker and Rey. Once Edge either loses the Title (either one) then he should turn on Vickie leading to a feud with Chavo. It would be good for Chavo, but i still think he'd lose. idk. What do you guys think?

I'm not a fan of the storyline at all. It makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomach and as soon as I found out I was screaming, "Oh God - this is wrong!"

Simultaneously, I think it's genius. Those are the sorts of emotions we meant to feel when watching it, it gives Edge his super heel status back right as he returns and makes him seem more despicable than ever. It also gives him an advantage in an otherwise unwinnable feud for a heel. Well, not unwinnable, but he'd have to get absolutely dominated every week. He needs some sort of - excuse the pun - edge over 'Taker and 'Tista in order to not seem completely pathetic.

So, it's disgusting, but it's brilliant. If only Vickie Guerrero could act...

Anyone who disagrees with this angle cause they find it disrespectful to Eddie, first off you need to get your head checked. One Eddie was involved in the love angle with Chyna and then the whole "Whose Your Papi" with Rey. Second, Eddie has left us (RIP) and after a few years it would be expected for Vickie to move on. You can only mourn the loss of your love for so long until you want to be loved by another anyways.

As well, everyone needs to remember the Guerrero family is a wrestling family for many many years. They understand how storylines work and blah blah blah. I am more then 100% positive Stephaine and Vince ran this pass Vickie and Chavo; and Vickie and Chavo ran it by the rest of the family first before the storyline was given the final "OK" to begin.

Now as a storyline, this is just BRILLIANT. Everyone knows Edge is only using Vickie to get what he wants, the WHC obviously. He will prolly even continue to use her the first few months as Champion, until he has Boretista and the Undertaker out of the picture. Once they are out of the picture he will dump her and Chavo and Rey Rey will come to Vickie's rescue and defend her honor. Which will lead into one descent short feud (Chavo) and one dream feud (Rey).

All this storyline is showing me is the WWE is finally starting to take baby steps towards getting the promotion back on track. First Shelton to ECW, now Edge/Vickie love angle. I'm looking forward and hoping they continue to throw a few more good curve balls in our direction.

I like it storyline wise, becuase its good heat in just about every way. the GM taking care of edge, causing unfair, crazy stuff to happen, mass heel heat to edge cuz he gets favors paid to him unfairly, just adding to all the stuff he already does. Personally it makes me somewhat uncomfortable to see them actually kissing. It would be ok if they just eluded to what was going on, and made it obvious,but didnt actually have kissing like that. Im positive this will go in a way were edge uses her to get what he wants and then drops her, which can leave to further storylines. hopefully he uses her to get the title off of Batista, and sets up a edge-taker feud, and a showdown at WM

This Edge/Vickie angle is very interesting but Vickie just doesn't suit Edge. I personally dislike this angle coz when I first saw it I was shocked and the first thing I thought of was Eddie. Whenever Vickie is on t.v i think of Eddie instantly but Vickie and Edge smooching was just bad especially for Eddie. She is too old for Edge and she has kids. I know this is just an t.v storyline but it still makes me sick 2 watch. Couldnt they turn Torrie heel so Edge and Torrie could form an alliance. Any diva but Vickie would be fine for edge EVEN BETH PHOENIX.

I think Edge is going to ditch Vickie in a few weeks because he cares about himself and the World title and I really hope that does happen for Eddies sake.

Any diva but Vickie would be fine for edge EVEN BETH PHOENIX.

What the hell is wrong with Beth Phoenix? She better looking than half of the other divas.

Why not Vickie? she's not that old, as she and Victoria are the same age, I think its a good twist in an upcoming storyline. IMO from a storyline standpoint, Edge wouldn't be with her for her looks, he's with her because she has power, she's the GM. She can bring him what he really wants, the championship, faster than any other woman could possibly do on SD.

I can see Edge dumping Vicky once he gets the title, only for Vicky to extract revenge on him by putting him in matches against Khali and Henry each week and making Undertaker the number 1 contender. Or something like that.

I think its a good move, it fits Edge's heel persona. Edge is a self serving ego maniac who will do anything to be World Champ again even if it means having an affair with the GM.

i totally agree.
its just a story and its fake. it will give edge his title and him will keep it until WM 24, then undertaker takes it off him at WM24 which gives him his 16-0

What the hell is wrong with Beth Phoenix? She better looking than half of the other divas.

Why not Vickie? she's not that old, as she and Victoria are the same age, I think its a good twist in an upcoming storyline. IMO from a storyline standpoint, Edge wouldn't be with her for her looks, he's with her because she has power, she's the GM. She can bring him what he really wants, the championship, faster than any other woman could possibly do on SD.

I can see Edge dumping Vicky once he gets the title, only for Vicky to extract revenge on him by putting him in matches against Khali and Henry each week and making Undertaker the number 1 contender. Or something like that.

I agree, Beth is one of WWE's hottest looking women. So what, she has alot of muscle mass, still doesn't mean she cannot be beautiful. She's looked bad sometimes but hell, even I'll admit Candice has looked like crap and she did before she got injured. What was up with the black hair?

Anyways, back on topic, wasn't Kristal supposed to take this role but turned it down and got released? Vickie isn't bad but her and Edge are so different but I'll have to see where it goes though. I personally think Edge will use her to get the title and then dump her when he gets it or continue to get everything going his way over on SmackDown!

i totally agree.
its just a story and its fake. it will give edge his title and him will keep it until WM 24, then undertaker takes it off him at WM24 which gives him his 16-0

Missed this comment, but this is basically what I see happening in this storyline. You know it;s to work Edge and 'Taker into a match, most preferably Mania and Edge will keep the title until then and loose it to Taker. Basically sums up what I think.

Well what other Divas have the Mic Skills and the Heel-power that Lita processed? Maybe Melina, but she already has a boyfriend named John Morrison. the rest are "good, clean" Divas. So its natural that Vickie is the best choice for Lita's replacement.
And I think seeing Edge without a girl really downgrade Edge's gimmick of the Rated R Superstar because thats how we've seen the Rated R supertar. Look at the Undertaker when hes not a deadman! Its strange and it made the Undertaker a bit downgraded!
So It made perfect sense to me and maybe only me that Vickie and Edge are together. (No Harm Intended to any)

I didnt say anything was wrong with Beth Phoenix. It would be hard to get her on sd with Edge since she is Womens Champ on Raw. Also she could basicly smash the cruiserweight division with her strength and I think she is a little too muscly to be with Edge but I wouldnt have a huge problem if she was with Edge for storyline purposes. But Victoria looks more like the type of chick Edge would have, not Vickie she doesn't look like a heel to me. Of course Edge isnt with Vickie for her looks thats common sense.
The storyline is a good twist I have to agree with you there, but I just feel sorry for Eddie because his wife is smooching a guy that is younger than him (or kissing any other man for his sake). I kno its just for the storyline but a kiss is a kiss if you know what I mean.

I actually missed Smackdown last week so I just caught it on YouTube.
Anywayz... I'm not sure why people feel that it disgraces Eddie's memory or that it's wrong and distasteful blah blah blah.
I believe Vickie is still in the WWE due to her husband's memory not just to make out with some guy. It's a storyline, it's acting!
I agree with so many people that stated that Edge is going to get the gold then "dump" Vickie but I would rather see Chavo try and help her out than Rey, and that's due to me not being a Rey Mysterio fan, but hopefully WWE does right by the storyline and oh god please no live sex in the ring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back