Edge Retirement Support Group

If he was hurting this much he should've lost the belt at Wrestlemania. I'm sympathetic to Edge under the circumstances but his retirement won't do one bit of damage to WWE.

If he was hurting this much he should've lost the belt at Wrestlemania. I'm sympathetic to Edge under the circumstances but his retirement won't do one bit of damage to WWE.

What he said on RAW was he was cleared to do WM, but was urged to get more tests done and found out about this spinal situation afterwards

As said by a few posters before, I started watching WWE in 2005, but I had previously watched WCW from 1999 until it closed but when I started watching WWE in 2005, Edge became one of my favourites and I am saddened by this as I knew retirement was on the horizon from reports but this was very, very sudden and out of the blue. No retirement angle or anything.

Just glad he doesn't have to leave pro wrestling in a wheel chair or in a coffin.

So his issue was that he had another test done that found something in his spine? or is that just speculation? I didn't hear anything about spine, just that he broke his neck years ago and that he had to take more tests and now has to retire so he doesn't end up in a wheel chair..

Much respect to edge, I am just curious what did the tests "OFFICIALLY" said that put him out?

Sad day :(

People never seemed to recognise that edge was one of the most deserving world champs in wrestling. He's a 14 time tag champ, a 5 time intercontinental champ, an 11 time world champ, a royal rumble winner, the innaugural money in the bank winner and king of the ring. Now tell me if I'm wrong but there is nobody else in Wrestling that has won the last three accolades. He was only thirty fuckin' six aswell. If edge doesn't go into the hall of fame one day then maybe Billy Graham was right about it. Edge always got too much hate from the IWC and his critics can go to hell. Edge was pure A grade superstar and I will miss him.

If edge doesn't go into the hall of fame one day then maybe Billy Graham was right about it.
Yeah, as though there's any doubt about whether someone who was a loyal soldier and a main eventer for the last five years is going into the HOF. Give me a fuckin' break. Get a grip, people.

Edge always got too much hate from the IWC and his critics can go to hell.
Edge as in the guy who just relinquished the World Heavyweight Championship and retired? Surely you jest. The guy was pure smark darling and he didn't deserve it a fraction as much as others did.

BTW: fuck all those haters, like he said, the man has put his body many many times on the line for us. He deserves respect from us as fans.
Fuck his body and fuck respect. That's what the money is for.

My post on the subject, including more melodrama than Casablanca: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=3023478#post3023478
You just had to get there before me, didn't you?

Let me bottom line it: Serviceable talent who was never one of the best workers in the company and got more credit than he deserved. Once he couldn't go like he could pre-neck injury, I had little use for him. He occasionally gave me matches worth watching, but a guy competing consistently at the top of the card against the quality of opposition he was surely had to get it right once in a while. I'm sad to see someone I've watched for so long go, especially since his face turn was bringing about a positive change in the quality of his work. Hope he enjoyed the ice cream.

I've never gotten sad when watching wrestling but this really got me. He gave his all for WWE and the fans. I'll miss him.

While it is sad to see him go, I'm glad he is listening to what the doctors are telling him. There are too many guys who don't know when to stop until it is too late . Kurt Angle being the one that comes to mind considering he has severe neck problems too.

Edge is one of those guys who just did his job and didn't seem to care to much about the petty things. Hell, he oppened Wrestlemania as the World Heavyweight champion yet there wasn't any complaints or whining, yet alot of other guys will bitch about any little thing that doesn't go their way.

He's a class act and what hurts me the most about the whole thing is that I know how passionate he is about wrestling. You could see how much it hurt him when he was out there last night to have his carrer just pulled out from underneath him.

Thank You Edge. You are the perfect embodiement of what a real pro wrestler is and should be. You will be missed.

I'm gutted that he won't be around anymore. As a character he was pretty good and always worth the entertainment.

But Im totally glad that he is leaving on his own terms and not on a stretcher or worse.

Pretty shitty. The man was one helluva performer. He's in my top 25 of the Modern Era, and he's in my top 15 as far as favorites go. No doubt Edge is the master of the ladder match, in my opinion, he might be the best gimmick match wrestler ever. The man could flat put go in any match type he was put into. It's a damn shame. Guy like Edge has to retire at 3fucking7 while assholes like Flair and Hogan continue to stink up the ring well into their 60s. A true shame. One of those kick in the gut moments last night.

A tear rolled down from my eye last night. Thank you Edge for the countless moments that entertained me.

Who will the no. 1 face on Smackdown be now? It's never really been Mysterio but the only other name I can think of is Christian, hell he was the face of whole product once before.

I think I fully believe this is real now. I was a little bit sketchy last night, and I mean..anything could happen...but this really seems realistic. If it is an angle, it could possibly be one of the bests, but the way Edge acted and the reaction that is coming from all over the place.

We still have to wait till Friday to see what happens. But I hope Edge stays in the company somehow. It must suck retiring when you don't want to, espescially being world champion.

But is Christian and Del Rio are going at it at EC, Christian will take Edge's place in the script. If Edge was scripted to win, Christian will win, if Del Rio was originally set to win the belt, he'll win.

Or...WWE could just do whatever the hell they want with the match.

But Edge wasn't exactly my favorite, in fact...back in my mark days I hated him, but towards 2009 I started to respect what he was doing in and out of the ring. He was such a great heel, on the mic, in the ring. His ultimate opportunist gimmick. I'm guessing we might have a good shot at seeing him in the HoF's next year, at least I hope. That'll be awesome.

Just a question though. What will your reaction if this turns out to be an angle. Would you be relieved that Edge is still going on in the company, angry that your emotions have been toyed with, overwhelmed? What?

Truthfully I hope, now that it's gone this far, that this isn't a work and that it is legit. My lasting impression on Adam Copeland won't change that way. And at the moment that lasting impression was of someone who gave it his all every night and could play one of the best heels in history or one of the more likeable faces. I think I've said this three times now but it can't hurt once more... THANK YOU EDGE, THANK YOU EDGE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back