Edge or Sting, If only one could go into the HOF

Who deserves a WWE Hall of Fame spot more?

• Edge

• Sting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sting has a lot of accomplishments but the problem is Sting was NEVER in WWE and he was made it clear that he wants to stay as far away from WWE as he possibly can So if i had to choose one it would have to be Edge. It wouldn't make sense for a wrestler that was never with WWE to be in the WWE Hall Of Fame.

Wrestling overall you would have to go with Sting because he has given more to the business than Edge has. Even though this is a good question, I don't think it is a fair question seeing as Sting has never been in the WWE. But nevertheless, I still go with Sting

Wrestling overall you would have to go with Sting because he has given more to the business than Edge has. Even though this is a good question, I don't think it is a fair question seeing as Sting has never been in the WWE. But nevertheless, I still go with Sting

You are right its not a fair question. If it was wrestling in general, i also say sting beacause he as been wrestling alot longer than Edge. If you say WWE Hall for of Fame for WWE wrestlers only, it shoud be Edge beacause Sting never wrestled for the WWE.

It shouldn't be fair, even for a guy like Steve Borden, to enter the hall of fame for a company he was never in.

The WWE HOF isn't about wrestlers who were in the WWE, its for natural talent, its for Wrestlers who have reached the "Legend" status, Sting may have not worked for the WWE but he has work for the WWE's by-product in WCW, yes in case you forgot the WWE bought WCW. So thus being relevant as to why the WWE should induct him, whether he likes Vince or not. Sure Edge does deserve some respect for what he has accomplished since '04 but at the same time you are right that the one feud with the nWo is way more commendable than anything Edge has accomplished.

In short, Sting is well deserving of the HOF induction over Edge.

VERY good thread and series.
And for my opinion:

Isnt it called the WWE Hall of Fame. Its not the TNA or WCW its the WWE Hall of Fame. Sting has never competed in a WWE Ring so why should he be in the WWE Hall of Fame. No hate on Sting, I loved him when I was younger, and hes deffinitly a bigger name, but hes not a WWE name. Hes a WCW and a TNA name. Edge is, so therefore if it was either Sting or Edge, it has to go to Edge. Hes been with the WWE for a long time and has more championships then anyone. I have to give the nod to Edge imo.

Okay, granted, both are VERY accomplished wrestlers. At the end of the day, this will be a long rivaled debate. There will be no clear-cut answer to this. I think everyone is going to have their own opinion, and that's fine. While I think both are very skilled, and very accomplished, I'm going with the wrestler I've SEEN more of, and know MORE of. That would be Edge. Like I said, I'm not doubting Sting's abilities, and I know he's done quite a bit, however, I think Edge is more my cup of tea when it comes to this sort of thing.

Looking at this logistically, yes, Vince owns WCW, and anything they have done is still in his hands. Edge has taken a long, winding road, and with his best friend, Christian, to get to WWE. He's pioneered new and exciting matches that were unforeseen before him and Christian, and the Hardys, and Dudleys were in their angles. He even managed to garner the highest ratings EVER for his Live Sex Show with Lita on Monday Night Raw. This man is one who goes by "Rated R Superstar" which means he's NOT afraid to stir things up. You always have to expect the unexpected with him. This man has the ability to up the stakes with the best of any superstar, and elevate both of them to another level. So that's why my vote goes to Edge. Could it be because I like bad boys? Maybe. But like I said, I still think Sting is good, but at this point in time, I happen to know more of Edge's work better. After seeing him numerous times at live shows, I have tremendous amounts of respect for him. I think he's very deserving. That's just my opinion.

Edge for one simple reason. He is a WWE person. Sting has never once been a wwe wrestler. In reality, they probably will both go into the hof but if only one had to be chosen, it would be edge. WWE will always be represented before anything else

it's called the WWE Hall of Fame because the WWE runs it, it is theirs, HOW FUCKING EVER it is NOT i repeat NOT called the Hall of Fame for the WWE, Do you see the distinction????? Gordon Solie never once announced a WWF match yet he is in there because of his contributions to the business, same with gagne (who HATED vince). Sting doesn't have to had worked for WWE to "qualify" for this hall of fame he just has to have reached a certain level in the wrestling industry. So he absolutely "qualifies" for the hall of fame, now, how it is in practice is a different matter. Does the WWE favor guys who have worked there? sure... but that doesn't mean they won't give a qualifying wrestler admission. Sting hasn't been in yet because he worked for TNA, once that is done u can bet your ass you will see Sting in the hall of fame and a nice 3 disc set which the WWE will make a lot of money on AND use along with Bret, Flairs, and Rickey Steamboats dvds to help show the youth what they want.

It's STING by far. Taking nothing away from Edge because he is one of the WWE's greats.
Sting was a big part of WCW and paid his dues as a performer. Vince NEEDS to have Sting in his bogus Hall of Fame just so he can say he owned him and his name. Edge will be around for while and will get his turn. Sting is wrapping up his career and will soon be back on the Jesus network with Lex and Ted.

Clearly Edge IMO, Actually in WWE , more championship, royal rumble winner, King of the ring all those great TLC match and is still entertaining

EDGE ONLY. Its the WWE hall of fame, why the fuck would Sting be in there? It makes no sense for Sting to go in over a 10 time champ with the resume Edge has. Even IF Sting was a WWE superstar his entire career Id still say Edge just because he's held more titles than Sting already and hes like 15 years younger. This is a bullshit thread to begin with since its a moot point. STING WILL NOT BE IN THE WWE HALL OF FAME. GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

Sting.

This isn't close, and the HOF isn't just about the WWE clearly shown by multiple people who never had the chance to perform for the WWE.

It's about the business, it's about who has the better legacy, it's about who's more of an icon.

Sting, no question.

Why even do the thread if your gonna disscualify someone cause they've never wrestled for the wwe, and Edge would'nt even have as many titles if it weren't for the wCw titles, and your 15yrs old you weren't even around when Sting was kicking ass for years, he is one of the most charismatic wrestlers to ever step into the ring, and he would of wrestled circles around edge, and most of edges hvywieght title were transitional reigns, and your gonna pick edge just cause
Sting never wrestled for wwe there alot of wrestlers in the wwe hof that never wrestled in the wwe thats just fucking stupid!!!! Take the WWE's dick out your mouths and realize true wrestling talent.......bitches.

ok few things here and ill be civil somewhat this time... 1) most of Edges title reigns have been with the WHC which is the WCW belt. In fact its considered the 2nd tier title belt in WWE. 2)All you fucking smarks saying Sting can not be in the HOF because he never wrestled for WWE, u all need to put ur dicks together and draw out a petition to have every other star who never wrestled, or was in, the WWE. No more Antonio, no more Gange, and there are plenty of others.. 3) i dont get how u edge fanatics can say his spotfests in MITB and TLC's but yet your the same know it all genius's who bash Mick Foley for his spot fest matches... WTF!?! 4) seriously to rckstrtmmy, wtf are smoking... comparing edge who was given titles by the WWE in times where there really wasnt anyone, not to mention he has been a Heavyweight champ in a company that recognizes 2 actually heavyweight champs with the WWE and the WHC (yes there both still heavyweight championship belts) and your gonna say because edge has had more belt reigns he is better than Sting... ur the type of wrestling fan that makes other wrestling fans bash our fucking skulls in. Even i admitted if it was just a WWE one edge, but if there saying both are eligible for the HOF, then Sting. Edge will never even be able to eat the shit off of Stings boots. hell Sting at one point in time was the face of 2 companies.... Edge has yet to be the face of 1, fuck he is still playing 2nd fiddle to Cena, Orton, Taker, HHH, even Sheamus. If Jericho were there still he'd be playing the fiddle again to him.

Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Cactus Jack, Rick Rude, Vader, The Great Muta, Lex Lugar, Kurt Angel, The Road Warriors, are just some of the greatfueds Sting has had and everyone of them are better than any title reign Edge has had, and by the way that belt Edge is carrying is the very belt Sting helped make famous and has the presteige that it has today. MORONS!

Sting! EASY! Everyone says Sting has never been in the WWE. IMAGINE that.. a guy has NEVER BEEN in the WWE yet he is a HUGE SUCCESS and people REALLY know who he is! Says a lot about how talented and accomplished the Stinger is. He's NEVER needed to be in the WWE ring. He has stuck by his morals and he is a TRUE company man. When the trend was to jump, he stayed. When there was money else where he stuck it out. As has been stated. The very belt Edge holds is the belt that Sting held countless times, defended it all over and gave it the prestige it has today.

Personally, I believe that the WWE wants to induce Sting in their HOF. It's not a matter of if, but when. When will he sign with the WWE or when will he retired? As far as the question goes, Edge has had a great career so far, but Edge is not Sting. Sting was one of the biggest names in wrestling in the 1990s. Sting was, in my opinion, the most popular wrestler in the 1990s. Even when Hogan and Flair was in WCW, Sting was the man. The only reason why Sting didn't win more World Championships was because Hogan and Flair was hogging all the spotlight. During the NWO's run in WCW, Sting helped WCW win the Monday Night's War because no one knew what he would do or when he would actually show up. Just because Sting didn't wrestle in the WWE doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be the HOF. Answer this, how hell does Coco Beware deserve to be, but Sting doesn't?

This is a no-brainer. WCW is owned by WWE now, and WWE acquired rights on everything that WCW owned, so effectively all WCW talent can now be considered as WWE talent. Keeping that point in mind, Sting is the obvious choice for induction into the Hall of Fame because Edge was never as big in the WWE as Sting was in the WCW, and yes, Edge will never ever be as big in the WWE even in the future as Sting was in the WCW.

Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Cactus Jack, Rick Rude, Vader, The Great Muta, Lex Lugar, Kurt Angel, The Road Warriors, are just some of the greatfueds Sting has had and everyone of them are better than any title reign Edge has had, and by the way that belt Edge is carrying is the very belt Sting helped make famous and has the presteige that it has today. MORONS!

Precisely, very good point. These PG era cena fans really don't understand somebody's contribution to business and they'll call Edge greater simply because of more WWE title wins which is basically because the WWE exchanges titles like tennis balls between these guys at every PPV.

Also agree with what KoC417 said.

I mean, you can compare Sting with Ric Flair or Undertaker or Shawn Michaels, and argue about it.... but with Edge? Damn, he's not even at the same level or in the same league.

After being a silent observer for years, this thread finally made me register to give my opinion. First, I'm 34 from the South, so you can obviously guess that I grew up during the old NWA/Crocket Productions days. I saw Sting way back in when he was in UWF helping Shane Douglas win the UWF TV Title off of Eddie Gilbert. I knew he would be a star. When arrived in NWA I went nuts. His matches with Flair as he chased the title were absolutely classic. Hell half of you guys voting for Edge were not even alive when Sting was making a name for himself in the business. Furthermore, you wouldn't even recognize him with his bleach blonde high top and colorful face paint and tights or his signature yell....
Not taking anything away from Edge, because he has had a wonderful career, but he's not Stever Borden. He may have more title reigns, but thats because the writers of this era are about treating the belts like hot potatoes and boosting championship numbers... Sting has probably two reigns that lasted longer than all of Edge's turns with the strap...
And then theres the argument that he never worked for WWE. Newsflash, as stated before, Vince owns WCW which means he owns a vast majority of the video on Sting... Besides, again there are many who never wrestled, announced or anything for Vince or his father... Why should Sting be any different. All of you youngsters, go to youtube and look at some REAL wrestling, not this watered down sports entertainment....

If nothing else, Sting's epic feud with the NWO from 96-97 is more meriting of the Hall of Fame than anything Edge has accomplished,

Really? One angle beats everything put together that Edge has done in WWE?

I've seen some of your other posts which are good but I have to call this one out. To say that Sting deserves WWE HOF more than Edge's whole WWF/E career because of one angle in another company is silly. It may have been an awesome angle but it's WWE's HOF and yes I know WWE owns WCW in which the angle took place, but still, Vince wasn't behind it so it may aswell be from anywhere else.

Edge deserves the HOF way more than Sting and it's by a long while. Edge has had an awesome WWE career, multiple mid card titles, tag team championships, world championships, awesome feuds.

I know people are gonna hate that, but it's true. Sting is over rated, so is Edge, but Sting slightly more over rated than Edge. People treat Sting as the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Really? One angle beats everything put together that Edge has done in WWE?

Yeah I did think after I had written that I was a bit of an over-exaggeration, but if you factor into it that that one angle basically propagated the Monday night wars it doesn't sound so crazy anymore.

It may have been an awesome angle but it's WWE's HOF and yes I know WWE owns WCW in which the angle took place, but still, Vince wasn't behind it so it may aswell be from anywhere else.

Yeah it's true, like I said it's probably the only thing making Edge more deserving on the HOF without that little snippet there wouldn't be a question in many people's minds.

Edge deserves the HOF way more than Sting and it's by a long while. Edge has had an awesome WWE career, multiple mid card titles, tag team championships, world championships, awesome feuds.

Titles schmitles! I guess Roddy piper was just average then? I guess Ted DiBiase was just another heel cowering in the shadow of Hogan. Forget Edge or Sting, titles are overrated. Like I said edge scored 10 world titles in a space of four years! I'm sure guys like Flair and Harley Race were probably silently livid at that. The best wrestlers of all time aren't deserving of that, let alone Edge. I'm just saying for me being a main event star for about 5 years can't compare to being a main event star for over 20 in terms of legend status.

I know people are gonna hate that, but it's true. Sting is over rated, so is Edge, but Sting slightly more over rated than Edge. People treat Sting as the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Now I have to call you up on this one, in which respect is Sting overrated. Edge is a good wrestler in the ring as he proved at royal rumble, but Sting was one of those guys back in the late 80's banging out 45 minute matches on T.V. with the likes of Ric Flair and getting critical acclaim for it. So he isn't an overrated in-ring wrestler. So he must be an overrated speaker yes? Well no, not at all really. I'd struggle to remember a time where Sting tripped up on his words or delivered an average promo, I'd struggle less with Edge. Perhaps Sting is more overrated only because he is rated so highly but just take overrated out of the equation for a minute. Honestly who is the better wrestler, the better talker, the best all round package? And if Taker has the best gimmick of all time then Sting is in the #2 spot. Liking Edge is no reason to claim he is better then an icon like sting who could still wrestle well at 45 when Edge is having to hang up the boots years prior to that.

I'm honestly trying to look at this as clear-cut as I can and however I do it just comes out as Sting. Sting would make sense if he was ever in WWE, as he wasn't it has to be Edge by default.

How is that even an argument? Taking one of the most iconic, talented wrestlers ever, who has moved with the times to remain fresh in a career spanning nearly 25 years, & comparing him to an over pushed, overrated, limited shelf life prick like Edge, & then choosing Edge because he is the only one to have worked for WWE? OK then, how about this, who desreves a Hall of Fame spot more? Bruiser Brody or Barry Hardy? The Rock n' Roll Express or Iron Mike Sharpe? Mitsuharu Misawa or Jumpin' Joey Maggs? Rather than waste forum space, why don't you just go to Edge's house, ring the doorbell, & when he answers,just be waiting there, bent over, trousers down, cheeks spread, & see if you can take him all the way upto the balls! That's a fucking ridiculous thread

Well Its The WWE Hof so il have to go with edge. Sting has done alot for wrestling but its a WWE hall of fame and Edge is WWE from start to finish

I can't believe this thread even exists.

Sting.

The guy carried a company on his back. Did Edge ever do that? No. Fictional titles don't matter. Sting was a massive draw. Does drawing power = good wrestler? Not exactly. But he did his job and he did it better than most. Nothing against Edge but this thread is fucking ridiculous.

Edge will be in the Hall of Fame one day, no doubt. But the WWE's HoF isn't the most legitimate one ever. It's built around their fictional universe where you only exist if they allow you to. But who deserves a (not just the WWE's) Hall of Fame spot? Sting, hands down. I find it hilarious that the stupidest threads tend to get the most replies on here.

The more appropriate would be Sting or Undertaker or Sting or Ric Flair or Sting or Shawn Michaels. I know 2 are already in the HOF but you make it seem as more deserving vs who would you like to see inducted. Lets put it this way. If you start as a cashier somewhere. Work 3 years to become a supervisor. You become well knowledged and a "champion" of certain tasks and leadership and stand out. You bust ass 3 more years to become a world champion/manager and at the yearly recognition meeting where you get respect and admiration and a week off trip to the bahamas a guy from the rival company wins it ... youd say "excuse me? Wtf is going on here?!? He said he hates the owner here AND hed never make us money a day of his life. Hes never even set foot in the building! And now your gonna plaster his photo on the wall?!?" "Young man his accomplishments outweigh yours. Besides hes a legend."

Does that make sense to you? Edge is the man even though I hate him.

Do a poll thats not lopsided next time please. This is the IWC. How did you expect Cena to survive that poll? What next? Randy Orton vs SCSA? KOKO B Ware vs Booker T? How about Doink the Clown vs. Macho Man?

Have a great day folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back