• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ECW scores lowest rating ever on Sci Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhem

Pre-Show Stalwart
This weeks ECW scored it's lowest ever rating on Sci Fi with a 0.8 rating which is a lot lower than the normal 1.1 to 1.3 rating it usually gets.

Even more unusual was this was the go home show with the best two wrestlers on ECW due to face each other in a Ladder match at TLC and the teasing of the breakup of Regals stable is underway.

Rumours are that ECW is due to be rebranded next year and this low rating could encourage this.

Thoughts on this all time low rating?

This weeks ECW scored it's lowest ever rating on Sci Fi with a 0.8 rating which is a lot lower than the normal 1.1 to 1.3 rating it usually gets.

Even more unusual was this was the go home show with the best two wrestlers on ECW due to face each other in a Ladder match at TLC and the teasing of the breakup of Regals stable is underway.

Rumours are that ECW is due to be rebranded next year and this low rating could encourage this.

Thoughts on this all time low rating?

It could have had to do with any of a number of things. They could have advertised better and had better match-ups. There is also the rumor that ECW is going to be going through changes, and people may be either losing interest or waiting to see what happens there. I'm a little disappointed in the low rating, but it's not the end of the world because I'm sure it will go up again on tuesday because it will be the first show after a PPV.

Im one of the few that enjoy the ecw brand, and think that some of matches they have are pretty good. But with that being said how much advertising do you see for them on the weekly basis? there goes one of the problems. As far as rebranding it and changing it, im against it because i like it as is, a development brand mixed in with youth, and veterans trying to ascend the card.

Sad to see the ratings get so low for ECW. It's a great show, very solid. The relationship between Regal's Round Table is getting very interesting, so those who contributed to the low rating on Tuesday didn't know what they were missing. :)

Regarding the rebranding, I really don't want to see ECW changed that much at all. It's doing a great job at pushing the newcomers, as proved by Sheamus' mega push on Raw, Yoshi Tatsu is still doing well, Ezekiel is beginning to get a personality, and they've just brought a tag team in which hopefully will inject life into the WWE's overall tag division, come draft time. ECW is doing just fine and I'm sure the low rating will pick up again.

I think the problem with ECW is that except for the ECW Championship, this show is about one step from Velocity. Now don't get me wrong, I like what they do on ECW, it builds up talent and allows for character growth without having to job, but the talent initiative is essentially another way of saying we're going to have would be jobbers competing on our show.

It has a lot going for it for the Hardcore guys like us, but to the casual viewer its still a bunch of jobbers and Christian competing.

I don't put a lot of stock into one rating either, I mean its only one show, this thread is something of a snap judgement. If ECW gets a 1 or below for like 3-4 weeks then I'd worry.

Hopefully this is a one-time thing. ECW is my favorite show, and if the ratings drop for extended periods, they may go through with their idea to nix the show altogether. I don't want that to happen.

I don't watch a lot of TV so I don't know if there was another show on at the same time, or i it was just because of bad advertising. Whatever it was, I hope the rating goes back to normal next week.

It's ashame WWE's best brand get's the lowest ratings all the time. But who can blame them, I'm pissed off 'ECW' is used. I rarely watch ECW, but when I catch it, it's awesome. When I heard the ECW Pay per view match was 'Christian vs Shelton Benjamin' in a Ladder match, I marked out. Shelton Benjamin is the greatest athlete in Brand-E today, and Christian is one of the best. I really hope it steals the show @ the PPV so that the Fan's can atleast take is seriously once again like back then in '06 (Probably cause of RVD/Sabu, but yeah). If this match ends dull, I'm seriously gonna have to bang my head in the wall.

On other news, WWE's thinking of bringing back Heat in exchange of ECW. Why can't Vince just have 2 shows?! Jesus.

What do you expect? They leave it with a shit roster for the most part and expect good ratings. Newsflash vince, no one cares about Bill Regal! How the hell do you expect Bill Regal to be the top heel of a brand. Christian is great in his role as top face and Benjamin is good as a second face but there is no good heel on the show. Ryder is decent and making progress but if they want people to watch ECW, they need to put some good talent on the show. Everytime they get a good wrestler to debut, they move him to Raw way to quickly and he gets lost in the shuffle like Jack Swagger did and it looks like it may happen to Sheamus as well.

People aren't going to get excited over Vance Archer. They need to beef up the roster. If they sent Matt Hardy, R-Truth, MVP, Carlito, Dolph Ziggler, to ECW then it would make for a better main event scene and may get people to watch. None of them are really doing all that much on their show except for maybe Truth so why not help build up ECW with them.

The thing is, it seems like Vince does this thing intentionally. When shows like Sunday Night Heat, Shotgun Saturday Night, Livewire, debuted they were all very good shows, but as time passed it seemed like less and less effort went into them. It seems like Vince only does it so the channels they're broadcast on will accept them, and after they've been accepted Vince loses interest and turns them into jobber shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back