Viewers turning backs on stale TNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

r.prince18

Dark Match Jobber
Viewers turning backs on stale TNA

August 6, 2006

BY BLACKJACK BROWN

TNA's ''Impact'' show drew just a 0.8 rating last week, and viewership continues to drop at an alarming rate. What has become clear to the bosses at Spike TV is that TNA has a hard time drawing viewers without the strong lead-in from Ultimate Fighting.

The good news is that UFC will return in two weeks. The bad news is TNA's product has been exposed as middle-of-the-road. Someday, someone in the wrestling business will realize if they listen to the fans, ratings and ticket sales will follow. Fans have been screaming for young talent, fresh faces and intelligent story lines, but TNA continues to cram Christian Cage, Sting and Jeff Jarrett down their throats.

AROUND THE RING: For the second time in the last three weeks, Hulk Hogan will make an appearance on ''Raw'' to confront Randy Orton. ... Hardcore Holly is getting close to an amazing return to the ring after a long bout with a severe staph infection. Holly has been out since November and was close to death on multiple occasions. ... Lashley and The Great Khali have been cleared by doctors to resume wrestling. ...ECW on Sci-Fi drew a 2.4 rating Tuesday night. ...WWE diva Torrie Wilson is featured in and is on the cover of this month's FHM magazine

Well I will admit Sting/JJ is getting very old, hopefully JJ (as much as i like him) will step out of the spotlight for a while and let fresh guys in. Sting is cool to keep around because he is Sting! Steiner needs a rest or feud with other guys and Christian needs to go to the X-D.

Dude I hate to say this...But the main event to this stale show was Rhino vs. Samoa Joe.

So by your logic its Cage/Jarrett/Steiner/Stings fault? I don't get that one.

tna has always sucked this is nothing new

and once tna folds all their best talent is going to wwe woooooo

All they need to do is MOVE it at 8 or 9 PM and then make it a 2 hour show. Believe me like that they will get ratings. You except a show at 11 PM sometimes pushed to midnight to comepete with the RAW, SD! and ECW?

Agreed ^^ Tna needs a much better timeslot, Then you will see Mr McMahon sweat a little more. Dont worry to much about the numbers at 11 and 12 pm

Yeah, i stopped watching TNA, because of the time slot, i ain't staying up that late, they fucking crazy, i only buy their PPV's now.

I have not read anything about the ratings being a concern for TNA or for Spike TV for that matter. In fact the last couple weeks all I've heard is that Spike has been very please with TNA. As much as I love Sting, I much would have preferred it to be Jeff Jarrett vs Samoa Joe. I am looking forward to Hard Justice because for the life of me I can't think of one bad match in that PPV. And as for calling TNA stale? No. I will never call it that. WWE, now THAT is stale.

its part of the time slot, but it also has to do with no build in either, if it is continuing to drop. we'll see if ufc was the problem in 2 weeks and see if the ratings go back up

its interesting...the blurb for TNA on Bravo (UK) is..

Wrestling action from the states as wrestlers from WCW and the WWF compete in the new brand of entertainment

grungy72 said:
Agreed ^^ Tna needs a much better timeslot, Then you will see Mr McMahon sweat a little more. Dont worry to much about the numbers at 11 and 12 pm

okay first of all its not that easy to get a primetime timeslot. until tna finds somethings to do so they increase ratings in their current timeslots, then spike wont just hand it over to them. also vince is not gonna get all scared just because tna gets a good timeslot on a night that wwe doesnt air anything. so tna needs do something that gets ratings as of now b4 any changes happen

cmiller9291 said:
okay first of all its not that easy to get a primetime timeslot. until tna finds somethings to do so they increase ratings in their current timeslots, then spike wont just hand it over to them. also vince is not gonna get all scared just because tna gets a good timeslot on a night that wwe doesnt air anything. so tna needs do something that gets ratings as of now b4 any changes happen
thats very true

Actually Spike has already announced they are probably going to give Impact 2 hrs come either september or octber.

Actuallly TNA deserves to hours...These past weeks they have been putting on better shows than Raw and Smackdown....With 2 hours it could probally get better ratings than SD!...Spike Tv just got a holding contract with Goldberg...So Tna might sign him....they gt 90 days to convince him....

I agree with some of you people.
TNA needs a better timeslot and a 2 hour show

If they get Goldberg on board as much as i hate him personally alot of people still love him, They could really use him to push the new 2 hour timeslot they may be getting and go from there, It would be a big step in wrestling IMO

I personally don't think Goldberg would help. I don't care, personally, if TNA never outdoes WWE. I know which one is better, and I watch it every week, even with a one hour show.

TNA has more actual wrestling in one hour than WWE has in 5 hours in their weekly shows. Think what is could do with 2 hours

hahahaha said:
TNA has more actual wrestling in one hour than WWE has in 5 hours in their weekly shows. Think what is could do with 2 hours
Wow your fricking stupid read this and see if it will change ur mind
The 8/10 edition of TNA iMPACT! drew a final 0.7 cable rating with a 1.4 share. That is a fairly significant drop after the show rebounded to a 0.9 rating last week and had been settling in the 0.8 range the last few weeks.

That is obviously not the best of news for TNA, considering the show this past Thursday was the "go home" show for the Hard Justice PPV tomorrow night. The last time iMPACT! hit a 0.7 rating was back on March 11 when the show was in its Saturday night timeslot.

Source: Dave Scherer @ PWInsider.com
WWE is doing wayy better than that dumbass

theyre not gonna get a better timeslot or extendin the show if it continues to do poorly

sevastra said:
I personally don't think Goldberg would help. I don't care, personally, if TNA never outdoes WWE. I know which one is better, and I watch it every week, even with a one hour show.

O ya Brother! I totally agree! Goldberg really is not going to do anything. I honestly cant think of anyone who is established that can come and help. They have a lot of big names there and just dont have the time to fully develop good storylines. I do know one thing, they seriously need a mid card or lowcard title. I really think the X-D should be a midcard because it is TNA's own and there is NO LIMITS thats why I dont know why it is being marketed as a cruiserweight belt.

Its guys like Rhino, Raven, Joe, Brown, Abyss, Christian, Nash, Konan that need to be in the mid-card race, even AJ and CD.

Yeah but Tna needs faces that people know and will still get behind and that means they need a person like goldberg who is still insanly over to most wrestling fans like it or not his name will bring ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back