Viewers turning backs on stale TNA

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I agree that Goldberg will bring in a lot more fans, but I think it's fine the way it is now. A one hour show from TNA is twenty times more exciting than the 5 hours WWE has a week. Now, this week might be different with this ladder match on ECW. That has the possibility of being golden. But, aside from that, TNA outdoes WWE every week as far as WRESTLING goes. I could give a crap less about the acting and storylines.

WWE stale? TNA not? wtf is goin on thru ur head? i mean i respect ur opinion and all but TNA is stale b/c jj sting christian cage basically have all these feuds and i don't see any more fueds cuz their roster is shit and small and plus tna has what 2,000 fans? when WWE has millions even across the globe so yea who's stale now?

For one, fan size does not equal stale. I will admit that WWE has more fans. Because it caters to 90% of the population by being dumbed down. They don't want to see real wrestling, they want to see good looking people punch each other. Also, it does have a lot more money backing it.

And TNA has somewhere around 1.2 million viewers a week...a slight step away from what you were thinking.

And yeah, it has been Sting, Christian and JJ in the main event...for the past eight months. Before that, Christian was being misused in the WWE and Sting was taking time off. Yeah, JJ was in the main event. But he also took a step back every once in awhile. Some other people that have been in the title picture in the past eight months....Raven, Abyss, Monty Brown, Samoa Joe, Ron Killings. In the past four years, they have had quite a few champions.

What has WWE had?

Triple H with the title...then Cena and Edge...replay until eternity

And how many times can we see Shelton and Carlito go at it? Oh, they broke up one of the best tag teams in awhile...forgot about that...and that one guy, the less entertaining of the two, yeah, he is fighting Shelton and Carlito now...and they have only fought each other 40 times since he came to raw...

Oh, and on their "other" show, they had JBL vs Batista for a bit, then it was Batista vs Eddie, then Batista vs Henry. Oh yeah...Mark Henry...probably a future world champion on Smackdown....a fucking disgrace

TNA's worst offering is leagues better than anything on Monday, Tuesday, or Friday nights. I watch the shows for WRESTLING and it's a good thing my DVR allows me to cue past the majority of a WWE show (because I always do). I timed it the other night and the total time of solid wrestling action added up to about forty minutes (about the same as an episode of Impact). The only difference is that Smackdown had to have croud chants piped in to cover up for the fans' apathy towards the product. Marks watch the WWE for overused comedy routines (DX anyone?), plastic tits that can't wrestle (Trish etc.), and booking that is devoid of any sort of logic (The Great Khali?!?). Hell, the most interesting thing WWE put out in the last six months (including PPVs) was the ECW Hammerstein show (and that's because the non-marks ate Batista and Show's dumb @$$e$ alive). That was entertainment. TNA is far from stale and the company is still in its infancy, so to speak. The only reason the ECW show is doing remotely well is because it's basically Diet RAW and just transferred the majority of marks over to that show's viewership. It's a sad day when Joey Styles and Tazz don't have the balls to admit that the "main event" of Big Slow versus One-note Dave was a dud, but the fans had to say so for them. The "real" ECW would've let the sparks fly because that's entertainment. A long time ago, Vince ran a little pre-Raw editorial that stated "we figured you were tired of having your intelligence insulted." Oops, he forgot.

sevastra said:
For one, fan size does not equal stale. I will admit that WWE has more fans. Because it caters to 90% of the population by being dumbed down. They don't want to see real wrestling, they want to see good looking people punch each other. Also, it does have a lot more money backing it.

And TNA has somewhere around 1.2 million viewers a week...a slight step away from what you were thinking.

And yeah, it has been Sting, Christian and JJ in the main event...for the past eight months. Before that, Christian was being misused in the WWE and Sting was taking time off. Yeah, JJ was in the main event. But he also took a step back every once in awhile. Some other people that have been in the title picture in the past eight months....Raven, Abyss, Monty Brown, Samoa Joe, Ron Killings. In the past four years, they have had quite a few champions.

What has WWE had?

Triple H with the title...then Cena and Edge...replay until eternity

And how many times can we see Shelton and Carlito go at it? Oh, they broke up one of the best tag teams in awhile...forgot about that...and that one guy, the less entertaining of the two, yeah, he is fighting Shelton and Carlito now...and they have only fought each other 40 times since he came to raw...

Oh, and on their "other" show, they had JBL vs Batista for a bit, then it was Batista vs Eddie, then Batista vs Henry. Oh yeah...Mark Henry...probably a future world champion on Smackdown....a fucking disgrace
You are so right it hurts. They're sitting on a goldmine of talent that is untapped. Haas is boring because they don't know what to do with him. If they actually gave the cool gimmick matches to some of the undercard it would actually show how inept most of their major players are. Imagine a Hell in a Cell with guys like Kendrick, London, Angle, Van Dam, Mysterio. Sure, not the biggest guys by any stretch, but they'd draw a better response than THE GREAT KHALI! Because they can actually wrestle. The company name needs to just be changed to World Entertainment, because the wrestling is absent for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back