ECW Region, Mex Subregion, Round 1: (2) Sting vs. (31) Ed Lewis

Who Wins This Match?

• Sting

• Ed Lewis

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've decided to vote for Sting.

For no good reason really other than the fact that saying Lewis came first therefore Lewis is better (which is to a large extent the argument being presented in his favor) is reasoning along the lines of rock beats gun because rock came first (I know that I'm guilty of reductio ad ridiculum, but the point is still valid)

I do not know anything near as much as I should about Lewis, and to me that is actually a part of the problem. I would have thought that like great innovators from the 1930s and before in most sports (Babe Ruth and Stanley Matthews to name two immediately obvious examples) he would be far more well known if his contribution to wrestling is as dramatic as you are attempting to portray. You both make a thoroughly compelling argument gentlemen, but I regret to say that I am not convinced. For me, legends on a scale you are portraying endure, even to the most casual of fans. The fact that Ed Lewis hasn't says more than any argument for Sting ever could.

I'm not a Sting fan. There, I said it, I am a member of the IWC and I am not a Sting fan.

Same here. Don't worry about it.

I'm, yet again, surprised by the vote count in this tournament. Sting's popular and all but I think it's obvious there are people voting against Lewis without taking a second glance at this thread. They should check out what the man has accomplished and his impact on the sport of Wrestling before blindly voting Sting. Once you do, it's extremely clear who should win this round and it isn't Sting. In a match Lewis would embarrass Sting and make short work of him beating within 15 minutes squeaky clean.

I'm going for the Strangler if for nothing else than the fact that he was ranked way too low. He deserves quite a bit of respect. This is why:

Ten time world heavyweight champion (six as the undisputed champ)
Wrestled in 6200 matches
Lost only 33 times

That's the mark of a champ and a true legend.

Also, fuck Sting.

Sting takes this one.
I won't pretend I know much on Ed Lewis, because I really DON'T.
However, Sting is arguably THE most renowned wrestler to have never entered WWE.
He is also a 15-time world champion, and one of my childhood heroes.
Scorpion Deathlock for the win here.
Steve Borden advances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back