ECW Region, Calgary Subregion, Round 1: (3) Harley Race vs. (30) Umaga

Who Wins This Match?

• Harley Race

• Umaga

Results are only viewable after voting.
A guy that was an 8 time world champion, in the 70's and 80's, vs. a guy that never sniffed the main event outside of the throw away Royal Rumble title match. This is about as big of a no brainer as it gets.

Harley Race has the third longest combined title reigns by day in the NWA history. Umaga zero days as champion. Harley was the first United States champion, Umaga was an IC champion in the days of that belt being pure shit.

Race gets this one here. Maybe if Umaga's reign of terror had lasted a little longer, maybe he would've had a chance.

Race has been hailed by several of WWE's legends as one of the most legitimate tough men in the history. He's also wrestled and made a name for himself in all the big territories. He's also in 5 differant Hall of Fames and was an 8 time world champ.

Not to take anything away from Umaga. He was an amazing monster heel and had some great matches but he's out of his element here. As its alread been said, Umaga couldn't get a world title in a time where the WWE title changed hands twice in one night and where world title reigns lasting longer than A month was surprising.

If any man could legitimately take down Umaga in a believable fashion, it would've been Race.

When I checked the scores last night, Umaga had a small lead. If that had held up, I would have gone on the biggest rant in the history of the forums. Thankfully common sense has prevailed. This is completely and utterly not close, as Race has beaten more men than probably anyone else ever has. He can brawl with the best of them and that certainly would not be what Umaga is classified as. Umaga was around for a few years and did as much as any other monster character: he beat everyone else but couldn't win the world title. THere have been dozens of those guys and while Umaga was good, THIS IS HARLEY FREAKING RACE.

How the hell does You Manga have 22 votes agains Harley Fucking Race? You Manga won a few big matches, but never held a major title. He was a two-time IC champ, but I bet nobody here remembers that. The only thing you need to remember about this guy is how William Regal pronounced his name. On-air talent couldn't get his fucking name right, which shows just how insignificant he truly is.

Harley Race, on the other hand is Harley Race. He's 3rd in this bracket for a reason.

Race by pinfall, 12 miuntes.

Now that this is in the ECW region, things have changed drastically. In a straight up International, WWE, or WCW match Race has this in the bag, but extreme rules aren't something Race has ever played with, if I believe. Despite being one of the toughest SOBs out there, Race might fall victim to Umaga's experience (albeit little) and brutality in these types of matches. I'm undecided.

I'll take the kay fabe approach name one wrestler Harely Race wrestled again who had the weight and agility of Umaga

He wrestled Andre to a 60 minute draw. Andre was pretty agile for his size in his prime. The only argument you can make for Umaga here is the ECW rules. But even then I don't see it. Harley race by pin fall after Umaga charges into an exposed turnbuckle followed by a devastating chair shot to the skull. 1-2-3 Your winner Harley Race

VOTE FOR HARLEY

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back