ECW Denver, Round 2, Match 4: #12 The Big Show vs. #21 Dory Funk Jr.

The Big Show vs. Dory Jr.

• The Giant

• Funker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following matck takes place in the ECW Region, under Extreme Rules, from Denver, Co.

#12. The Big Show
wa01240.jpg

vs.

#21. Dory Funk Jr.
funk_dory.jpg

Funk's title reign means nothing here and neither do his wrestling abilities. All that belt is going to be good for is for Big Show to hit him over the head with. Other than that, this match is a squash in every sense of the word. He won't even need the weapons to beat Funk. The only way Dory wins here is if Terry comes in to fight for him. Show wins and gets set for the showdown with Andre.

Yeah, Show's far too powerful here for Dory to even get a look in, wrestling ability means very little when you're up against a 500 pound giant. Added to the fact that Big Show can literally do what the fuck he wants here it's going to be a loooooong night for Funk.

I respect ol Dory, but he doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting past the Big Show in this type of setting. In all honesty, I think Show's size and power would be too much for Dory in just about any type of match setting, let along a good old fashioned brawl.

This match is over and done with in about 5 minutes with a bloody and half-conscious Dory Funk, Jr. being carted out of the arena on a stretcher.

The Big Show is fucking massive. I saw him in the flesh yesterday, and I actually couldn't believe there was a human that big. I could make out his facial features from a good 100 yards away, incredible.

Funk was a great wrestler, but I just don't think he'd be able to ground The Giant, and the Big Show would eventually chokeslam him, maybe even through the ring for the victory.

Any wrestling attempt from Funk will be make Show swat him away. Show beats him in five minutes tops.

Wrong Funk in this match if an SHW is going home Terry Funk would have a shot at beating Wight in ECW, but as people have pointed out, Paul Wight has too many toold at his disposal to lose to Dory, who doesn't bring a heck of a lot to the table to defeat such an impressive athlete.

It's going to take a better SHW to take Show out - Andre or Vader.

I think The Giant is going to be an extremely tough out in this tournament. At least, as long as I can call him "The Giant".

Back when this man was in shape, I as literally in fear of him. Yes, he had a god awful gimmick of being the "son of Andre". But Goddamn if that man was not terrifying. He was agile, yet was bigger than any man I had ever seen before. I thought as a kid that there was no way a man could be that big. Surely enough, I went to one of those Saturday Night Live tapings they do.

Every bit the size he looked on television, if not more so. This man was a literal Giant. As the Big Show, he doesn't have the same impact. But I'll save up all of my arguments for Paul Wight until it's absolutely necessary.

Show in a squash.

Big Show takes this one. Dory is great, but Show is flippin' huge and would chokeslam Dory through the ring and crashing and cracking the floor beneath.

I think Dory is a great wrestler, but he doesn't have anything up his sleeve that can slow down Show. Big Show will probably toy with him, like he did with Mayweather, but he won't get punched out with brass knuckles. He'll chokeslam him on the concrete, and get a semi-easy win.

The Big Show is a monster. Dory Funk, Jr. is cagey and this IS ECW. But the Giant would have a tough time getting severely injured in this match. Dory Funk wouldn't. That's why with weapons involved, you have to give it to the guy who can deliver the most punishment. That's SHIG BOW! Noticed how I switched the first letters in the name? HA.

But Big Show wins and Funk rests in peace.

I think the Funker would give the Big Show a run for his money. The guy could probably wear out one of those big tree trunks that Show calls a leg, and effectively take away the chokeslam. The problem, Big Show has introduced that right hook over the last year, and it's even more of a high impact move then the Chokeslam.

That's the problem with a guy like the big show, or big ugys in general, you have to expend so much energy wearing down one limb, but the guy is powerful enough to beat you with the other three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back