ECW Dallas, Round 2, Match 4: #9 Bruno Sammartino vs. #24 Christopher Daniels

Bruno vs. Daniels

• Bruno

• Daniels

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Region, under Extreme Rules, From Dallas, TX.

#9. Bruno Sammartino
bruno8x10.jpg

vs.

#24. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels
daniels_06.jpg

As much as I like Daniels I just don't see anyway to argue him being able to go over Sammartino, Sammartino was just too danm good plain and simple, if Daniels is lucky maybe he can last longer than 10 mins. but Sammartino goes over here

I have a real suspicion that Daniels will go very deep in this tournament, but he probably shouldn't get through this challenge. Sammartino would have hated being in the ECW environment, but he would be able to overpower Daniels quite easily, and he'd go over here quite easily in the end.

Daniels dies here. Sammartino's power is just way too much for him here. The weapons will mean nothing at all. Daniels is perhaps the most overrated wrestler in the business today. People talk about his great gimmick etc. I've said it before and I'll say it again: his gimmick is a name and an outfit. No promos, no music, nothing else. Sammartino wasn't exactly a gimmick masterpiece but he didn't need to be. Daniels could just around all he wants, but if he's caught it's the bearhug and the tap out.

Tough Italian dude versus a guy who prays all the time. This is so ironic in so many ways. But Bruno Sammartino's tough as they come. Christopher Daniels is quick and may surprise Bruno with some drop kicks and cross bodies, but Bruno stops him with an elbow, and the brutality ensues.

Sammartino in an easy win.

Daniels will probably put on a pretty good showing, and have the crowd support, but Bruno will just about kill him with his strength. Fighting in an ECW arena for the second time would be enough to piss him off, get a hold of him, and bearhug him until his eyes pop out.

Things get interesting after this round though...

Anyone who thinks Sammartino wasn't a good brawler never saw him go against Killer Kowalski. Sammartino is to this day still one of the legitimately strongest pro wrestlers in history. If I'm not mistaken, he's the only one to ever slam Haystacks Calhoun. Sammartino is simply too strong for Daniels to handle.

The longest reigning world champion in professional wrestling history vs. Curry Man. Gotta go with the champ on this.

This has got to be the biggest squash of the second round.

For a while, I thought that all of these new school spammers would come on to here, stating "Chris Daniels FTW! Fallen Angel, yeah!". Those of you that don't know the majesty of Bruno should look him up. He had an eight year title reign, for God's sake. Eight years! The only person that matches that kind of undefeated streak is Andre the Giant. Think about it for a second.

The man was picked to be NWA champion.... While he was already the WWF Champion! That would be the equivalency of TNA handing its title to someone in the WWE........ only much, much, much more prestigious.

Take Bruno here.

I've always dug Christopher Daniels, but under no circumstances, should he ever, ever be voted over Bruno Sammartino, unless it's a fucking dancing contest. But in pro wrestling? Bruno takes the cake in every aspect, except for high flying, which doesn't really count since Daniels' little moonsault will serve no use when Bruno catches him every time Daniels tries it.

So yeah.. voting Bruno here and there's no hesitation whatsoever on my part. Daniels is a very solid wrestler, but Bruno's one of the greatest of all time. Easy choice.

Daniels has no shot here in my mind. While Bruno probably wouldn't fare to well in ECW, he'd be able to out power Daniels and just beat the crap out of him to get the win.

Bruno in a squash and a half. If you've read me before, I make no appologies to my dislike for Christopher Daniels. He's a whole lot of over rated wrapped into a dull personality. The guy is just bland, and never will accomplish anything. Bruno might be out of touch int eh ECW environment, but he won't need those rules to beat a vanilla midget in the Fallen Angel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back