Christopher Daniels vs. Jack Briscoe

• The Fallen Angel

• Briscoe Bros. Body Shop

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Region under Extreme rules from Dallas, TX.

#24. The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels
daniels2.jpg

vs.

#41. Jack Briscoe
jack06.jpg

Brisco.

To all Daniels marks, get over yourselves. The guy is average and that's all. His "amazing gimmick" is a name, a tattoo and an outfit. His moves are ok but that's it. There's nothing great about him at all but he's not bad either. Brisco was a great wrestler and about as solid as you can get. He was a great technician and would stretch Daniels to no end. A multi year NWA TItle reign means something, and it wins here.

I'm a big fan of Daniels, but I think I'm going to end up voting for Briscoe. Daniels is good for what he's used for, which is wrestling guys his size, and flying off the ropes. It may be an interesting match, but I'm pretty sure Briscoe gets the win.

I don't think either one will go over the Sammartino/Sugi winner in Round 2, so any big argument for either here is probably useless.

Briscoe. I've never found Daniels that spectacular. He's good for fighting guys his size but Briscoe isn't his size. He was one of the best technical wrestlers out there. Daniels may try the Best Moonsault Ever but Briscoe will move out of the way and then he would score the pin.

Christopher Daniels sucks. Always has, always will. That's pretty much the stance I have on the "fallen angel", and pretty much the way I begin every match he's in in every Tournament we have. The guy is all flash, no substance, and really isn't that entertaining at all for an X-Division guy. He's in a match with one of the best wrestlers ever, and easily one of the five best wrestlers of the 70's. He's in the ring with a guy that would legit stretch and bend Daniels in every way possible, and it's all legal Brisco wins in a walk.

I think Daniels will go far in this tournament, or at least I did until I read this. That being said, he probably shouldn't even win this match.

Brisco was a superb wrestler, and he was the first person to have all of his NWA reigns last longer than a year, and honour not even bestowed on Lou Thesz.

To anybody that says "he is old school, so can't perform in ECW", I'd like to point out to you that he won the most extreme title available to him at the time, the brass knuckles championship. So, in an era when weapons were rare, he was still adept at using them.

Brisco wins.

Jack Brisco easyily gets the win here with in ring ablity alone. Also his nwa title regins sorta helped him out to with him in ring experencice i dont see daneils winning this round.

In fact i dont see alot of guys like lethal daneils to go far because there are going up against big names.

Gotta agree with the rest, Briscoe with the W. Briscoe would adapt well in ECW and be able to gain control of Daniels and turn it into a match to benefit himself, throwing Daniels off his game and getting the win in the end.

This isn't happening, is it?

I can see Corino/Awesome, Morales/Blassie, and Kennedy/Miz being close. But, this is a joke. Daniels' only time of relevance since TNA has officially become the #2 show, was as Curry Man.

Can you honestly say you think Curry Man could beat Briscoe? He was the weak link of the PJB for cryin' out loud.

:disappointed:

I'm going with Christopher Daniels. I respect Brisco as a technical wrestler, and I think he would win this thing hands down if we were in WCW or if we had a territory region. But, this is ECW, the company where high-risk maneuvers and hardcore thrashings pay off.

Also, it probably hurts Brisco's chances when you mention his body shop...I'm just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back