Dudleyville Region, Third Round: (5) Steiner Brothers vs. (12) Edge and Christian

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Steiner Brothers

• Edge and Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Dudleyville Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Dudleyville Stadium.

Dudleyville.8.gif

steiner-brothersjpg-636349f82fafb121_large.jpg

5. Steiner Brothers

Vs.

edgechristian.jpg

12. Edge and Christian

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FOUR days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

My vote goes to The Steiner Brothers. Like Edge & Christian, The Steiners were fast, agile, could pull off cool moves, but they were also powerful which Edge & Christian weren't. I would usually say E&C would be sneaky and steal the victory, but if The Steiner Bros could overcome sneaky teams like The Quebecers, Money Inc etc. they'll be able to deal with E&C's cheating ways successfully and walk out the winners here. And the list of tag teams they've defeated is better than E&C's.

I want to make this clear: Edge and Christian were a great tag team during one of the most exciting eras in wrestling history, but they'd be absolutely NO MATCH for Rick and Scott: The Steiner Brothers.

It'd be an exciting back and forth match, but in the end, Scotty Steiner would be too much for both of them. Between the Tilt-a-Whirl slam, the butterfly powerbomb, a belly to back suplex off the top damn rope, and a frankensteiner, I don't see how E&C would manage through this match.

And I didn't even bring up the Steiner Screwdriver... sheesh that move was dangerous.

Anyway, The Steiner's will move on here and that should be the case.

Lariat is right, I don't see Edge and Christian going over The Steiners, Rick and Scott were too good and are rightfully ranked as one of the highest seeds in this tournament.

E&C were a fantastic team, but I don't think they've ever faced a team with the combination of technical ability and raw power of the Steiners, especially when Scott could pull off a move like The Frankensteiner which was incredible for a man of his size.

Scott Steiner was a phenomenal athlete before he overdid the steroids, and would pound E&C into the ground- remember, this was before either were World Champion and while they were in a team, no one would have thought they'd become main-eventers. T

Let's remember, during their run as a top team, Edge and Christian have tried to get out of matches in the past by feigning injury or upset stomachs- they aren't tough enough to beat The Steiners in their prime.

We have all heard Scott Steiner cut a promo. The guy sounds like a water head on a good day. There has to be some brain damage somewhere along the line. A chair shot to the head at this point won't do anything. Rick was never too bright to begin with, so even if E&C get enough of a distraction for a con-chair-to, their greatest equalizer, it won't have an effect. If this was the regular tournament I'd put Edge and maybe even Christian over Scott and definitely Rick all day, but pair them up and the brothers Steiner take it.

E&C were brilliant at winning sneakily... so were the Fabulous Freebirds, the Midnight Express and Money Inc. and the Steiners dominated them. No amount of 5 second poses or attempts at conchairtos will overcome the steam train Michigan boys who'd probably celebrate by throwing in their own poses...
steiners.jpg

tumblr_inline_n6u47ogZRH1r5344l.jpg

I have to got with The Steiner Brothers. They were the perfect combination of power and technique. Edge & Christian were great but most of their success came in gimmick matches. The were opportunists that took advantage of having multiple teams involved in a lot of their matches. Coming up against Rick & Scott with no other teams and no gimmicks would be too much for E&C to overcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back