Dudleyville Region, Second Round: (12) Edge and Christian vs. (21) New Age Outlaws

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Edge and Christian

• New Age Outlaws

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Dudleyville Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Dudleyville Stadium.

Dudleyville.8.gif

edgechristian.jpg

12. Edge and Christian

Vs.

newageoutlaws.jpg

21. New Age Outlaws

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for FOUR days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

Fuck me, this is a tough one. I'm leaning toward the Outlaws because I believe that at their peak, they were the more popular team but I'm not that confident in saying that. E & C were certainly the better performers, I can think of several memorable matches with those guys. The Outlaws? Eh, not so much. Their antics were far more entertaining than their ring work.

I don't know. Someone sway me.

Fuck me, this is a tough one. I'm leaning toward the Outlaws because I believe that at their peak, they were the more popular team but I'm not that confident in saying that. E & C were certainly the better performers, I can think of several memorable matches with those guys. The Outlaws? Eh, not so much. Their antics were far more entertaining than their ring work.

I don't know. Someone sway me.

Honestly, the outlaws were nothing before they got together and after? Nothing, to me they were the perfect tag team. They made each other relevant. Edge and Christian were great but unless this is a ladder match or tlc, honestly I'm going to say that the NAO do what they always did when they faced E & C and that's walk out the winners.

This is tough. E&C are far more entertaining wrestlers, but NAO was a staple of the Attitude Era and arguably were higher when they were on top. The fact that they were part of DX really raises NAO. If I looked at each team's career including singles runs, this is E&C all day, but this is a tag team tournament so I won't do that. Someone please help me.

Damn, this is tough as fuck to decide especially since both teams are my top 2 favourite tag teams. NAO were just as cunning and just as good as E&C are at using dirty tactics to win. E&C have Rhyno and Kurt Angle if they need any help, but NAO have Chyna and X-Pac if they need theirs.

I think I'll go with The New Age Outlaws based on what Bythedockofthebay said. E&C were more successful and had a lot of their title wins in TLC/Ladder matches and Fatal 4 Ways. NAO were more successful and had a lot of their title wins in normal tag team matches, which is what they're competing in.

Both teams fufilled a similar role when they were at their peaks, comedic heel team that could be deadly serious when it was required. The Outlaws are entertaining as fuck and a great example of how charisma, solid wrestling talent and at least one great mic-man in a tandem can make a tag team a featured attraction. But to me they were at their peak when they weren't merely a tag team, but were in a stable (DX) and were not the central focus of said stable. They were of course an integral part of that group, but they were not at the forefront.

Edge & Christian have all the qualities the Outlaws have and more. They have vast amounts of charisma, better wrestling talent and both are good mic men. Couple these superior attributes with the integral nature of E&C in the tag team division at a time where it was a featured attraction in the WWF, not an occuptation for two main eventers with nothing to do (as it often was with the Outlaws (vs. Rock N' Sock, vs. Foley/Funk etc...)) and already you have your asnwer, not even getting into the series of wars with the Hardyz and the Dudleyz that, frankly, inspired a whole new generation of wresters.

I like looking at the quality of the opponents when it's this close. If I look at the NAO, I see matches against a much older LOD, Cactus Jack and Terry Funk, Kevin Shamrock and Big Bossman, Kane and Mankind, The Rock N' Sock Connection, and finally, The Dudleys at the end of the NAO's run.

Edge and Christian were known for their matches with The Hardy Boys and The Dudleys in particular, but also faced teams like The APA, Right To Censor, and Too Cool.

I think the NAO were the best of a weak field, while Edge and Christian had the advantage of great competition.

Winners: Edge and Christian

Another tough match. I respect The Outlaws and how popular they were during the Attitude Era. When I think back to that time I have a hard time remembering who their rivals were in the tag division. LOD put them over strong shortly after they came together. Other than that I remember mostly stable wars against The Nation with an occasional match against weaker teams like DOA or The Headbangers. Edge & Christian became the best team of the early 2000s by beating teams that many considered to be better than them. I'm voting Edge & Christian here.

The New Age Outlaws were known more for brawling and getting their way using underhanded tactics and interference from DX.

Edge and Christian were very serious when it came to their in-ring work and even though they had a niche for TLC matches, their regular bouts were far better than NAO and in an actual match, I would think E&C would go over in this one... albeit a great title match.

E&C moves on.

I like looking at the quality of the opponents when it's this close. If I look at the NAO, I see matches against a much older LOD, Cactus Jack and Terry Funk, Kevin Shamrock and Big Bossman, Kane and Mankind, The Rock N' Sock Connection, and finally, The Dudleys at the end of the NAO's run.

Edge and Christian were known for their matches with The Hardy Boys and The Dudleys in particular, but also faced teams like The APA, Right To Censor, and Too Cool.

I think the NAO were the best of a weak field, while Edge and Christian had the advantage of great competition.

Winners: Edge and Christian

The NAO have actually faced and defeated The Hardy Boyz, The Dudleyz, The APA, and even E&C themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back