Dudleyville Region, First Round: (29) Doom vs. (36) Owen Hart and British Bulldog

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Doom

• Owen Hart and British Bulldog

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Dudleyville Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Dudleyville Stadium.

Dudleyville.8.gif

03.jpg

29. Doom

Vs.

british-bulldog-owen-hart.jpg

36. Owen Hart and British Bulldog

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

Words...Ben Kingsley, help me out here:

[YOUTUBE]irkPij5HFyo[/YOUTUBE]

This is tough because you've got a team who are outright monsters in Doom, but who took awhile to find their feet. Opposite, technically sound and fun as hell to watch combo of Bulldog & Hart. I like both of them as well so this doesn't make things easier. Both really dominated the tag scene at their time. Doom lost to a past-their-prime Freebirds after tearing the tag division a new one, Bulldog & Hart lost to two Steve Austin/other main eventer combinations. Both rather less than glamorous demises.

Might need some help on this one...

Yyyyyeah.

This is tough.

My heart is leaning Doom, but my brain is saying Hart and Bulldog. Obviously the latter were the more technically skilled, but Doom was dominant for a stretch there in a way that Owen and Davey Boy just never were. Doom made for a solid match against probably the toughest team of the 90s in The Steiners.

Winners: Doom

For some reason I never really think about Bulldog and Owen as a tag team. I think of them as two singles guys that teamed up once in a while even though I know they teamed regularly in 1996/1997 and had a pretty good title reign during that time. This match is close enough where I have to go with that first thought and vote for the more regular team. Doom moves on.

Doom beat teams such as The Steiner Brothers, Nasty Boys, and teams of Arn Anderson and Barry Windham and AA and Ric Flair... no small task if I do say so myself.

Doom wins this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back