Dudleyville Region, First Round: (28) Sheepherders vs. (37) APA

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Sheepherders

• APA

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Dudleyville Region. It's a standard tag team match held in the Dudleyville Stadium.

Dudleyville.8.gif

the-sheepherders-9-dvd-set-free-shipping-in-usa-2a8f.jpg

28. Sheepherders

Vs.

acolytes2.jpg

37. APA

Vote for who you feel is the better team. The poll will be open for THREE days starting approximately twenty four hours after this thread is posted. Use the time to argue and defend your choices. In the case of a tie, the team with more written votes will win. Only one vote per user.

Remember that this is a non-spam section and posts that do not meet our spam requirements will not count.

I think a lot of people will support the APA here. I can't say I blame them. If this was APA vs. The Bushwhackers I probably would too. But it's not The Bushwhackers. It's the Sheepherders and there is a difference. The Sheepherders were an evil violent team and would be more than capable of handling the brawling style of the APA. It may be hard to believe but I think the APA is overmatched in a brawling environment here.

Excellent point Brain. APA versus the Bushwackers ends in an APA win every single time.

The Sheepherders were not the same as the Bushwackers though. They were one of the most violent, bloodthirsty, brutal tag teams in the business prior to settling on a nice retirement as a comedy team in the WWF.

The APA could keep up. Both Bradshaw and Simmons were very tough men. But honestly, I don't remember either of them having to get in the ring with a team like the Sheepherders. They'd slice them. Dice them. Carve them up, and leave them wondering what level of hell they stumbled into.

The Sheepherders take this one.

I remember watching the Kiwi Sheepherders when they were in Florida. WOW! Those guys were lunatics. Even Gordon Solie was taken aback by how crazy they were. Again, there seems to be no respect for Ron Simmons (Farooq), who defeated Vader for the WCW strap before signing up with Vince. Bradshaw had yet to blossom into JBL. Those things said, this would be a brawl. But, in the end, the APA would be no match for the 'Herders. Sheepherders win.

I want to put in a post in support of Faarooq and Bradshaw. I want to remind you of something the Acolytes have over the Sheepherders: The APA was combined of one former world champ, and one future world champ. They were world-title level wrestlers, so tough that they leapt in defence of the Rock when McMahon-Helmsley were trying to screw him over, and that meant taking on the system.

They were mercenaries, and in that sense, you could argue that they were the Shield before the Shield. They didn't win the tag titles very often, I think it was only 3 times, but both of these guys had far greater accomplishments in their careers as well.

They were feared across the tag division at the time, and, while never ascending to the lofty heights of other teams such as Edge & Christian, the Hardys and the Dudleys, they gave several other teams what for, such as the Boss Man and Bull Buchanan.

Don't pass over the chance to put in a vote for the APA! You know that their brawling would have been second to none against these guys.

I want to put in a post in support of Faarooq and Bradshaw. I want to remind you of something the Acolytes have over the Sheepherders: The APA was combined of one former world champ, and one future world champ. They were world-title level wrestlers, so tough that they leapt in defence of the Rock when McMahon-Helmsley were trying to screw him over, and that meant taking on the system.

They were mercenaries, and in that sense, you could argue that they were the Shield before the Shield. They didn't win the tag titles very often, I think it was only 3 times, but both of these guys had far greater accomplishments in their careers as well.

They were feared across the tag division at the time, and, while never ascending to the lofty heights of other teams such as Edge & Christian, the Hardys and the Dudleys, they gave several other teams what for, such as the Boss Man and Bull Buchanan.

Don't pass over the chance to put in a vote for the APA! You know that their brawling would have been second to none against these guys.

This would have been an all time great brawl. The APA absolutely were not slouches and a couple of legitimately tough guys.

But let's get your logic in order here. In the Brisco/MNM thread, you ignore that Jack Brisco is a multi-time NWA champion and one of the 70's greatest wrestlers to argue that they couldn't have kept up because MNM happened to have a manager named Melina. Yet here, Simmons being a former WCW champion in large part because Bill Watts loved tough guys with legit athletic credentials, and Bradshaw getting a run with the WWE title while it was considered to be the #2 title in the company elevates them in this case?

Don't kid yourself. Butch and Luke were legit crazy. There literally wasn't a single thing they wouldn't do to win a match (read some stories about them behind the scenes, and there wasn't much they wouldn't do period). You don't get faces like the ones they have by trading holds night in and night out.

In the end, a brawl between these two teams would go to the guys who didn't care the most how they felt the next morning. The APA would pummel the Herders pretty good, but they could take it. The punishment the Herders would inflict on the APA would make even tough guys like them wonder what they had gotten themselves into. And as was usually the case for the Sheepherders, their flag bearer (Johnathan Boyd or Jack Victory, depends on which era Sheepherders are in this match), would tip the scales in his boys favor.

All four (or five as the case may be) would walk away complete, bloody messes. But the Sheepherders would have their hands raised.

This would have been an all time great brawl. The APA absolutely were not slouches and a couple of legitimately tough guys.

But let's get your logic in order here. In the Brisco/MNM thread, you ignore that Jack Brisco is a multi-time NWA champion and one of the 70's greatest wrestlers to argue that they couldn't have kept up because MNM happened to have a manager named Melina. Yet here, Simmons being a former WCW champion in large part because Bill Watts loved tough guys with legit athletic credentials, and Bradshaw getting a run with the WWE title while it was considered to be the #2 title in the company elevates them in this case?

Don't kid yourself. Butch and Luke were legit crazy. There literally wasn't a single thing they wouldn't do to win a match (read some stories about them behind the scenes, and there wasn't much they wouldn't do period). You don't get faces like the ones they have by trading holds night in and night out.

In the end, a brawl between these two teams would go to the guys who didn't care the most how they felt the next morning. The APA would pummel the Herders pretty good, but they could take it. The punishment the Herders would inflict on the APA would make even tough guys like them wonder what they had gotten themselves into. And as was usually the case for the Sheepherders, their flag bearer (Johnathan Boyd or Jack Victory, depends on which era Sheepherders are in this match), would tip the scales in his boys favor.

All four (or five as the case may be) would walk away complete, bloody messes. But the Sheepherders would have their hands raised.

Hey Mojo :)

Thanks for calling attention to what I now realise was a pretty grievous logical fallacy. I did indeed gloss over the Briscos' accomplishments in favour of the fact that MNM have a manger.

I still feel that legit crazy =/= a win against a planned and strategic attack coming from Faarooq and Bradshaw, who while brutish, also had plenty of smarts in addition to their sheer power, which I have never seen particularly from the other team (but I defer to your greater knowledge about classic wrestling than I possess).

I am approaching this from a completely kayfabe perspective, if that goes any way to explaining my inconsistency. Still, I understand where you're coming from and you make a fair point in favour of the Sheepherders' brutality and bloodlust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back