Dolph Ziggler Suffers A Concussion At SD! Tapings

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Without giving any sort of spoilers away as to how it happened, it's being reported that Ziggler suffered a concussion at last night's SmackDown! tapings. It's being reported on the main page at this time that Ziggler's status for Extreme Rules is unknown.

As the main page pointed out, it's common practice for WWE, or wrestling companies as a whole, to manufacture injuries as part of a storyline. However, concussions are taken seriously in WWE. According to wrestlinginc.com, Ziggler did undergo tests and the results are expected back later this week.

It'd be a shame if this derailed Ziggler in his title run but, unfortunately, things like this do happen from time to time. Depending upon the severity of the concussion, Ziggler simply might not be able to compete at Extreme Rules. If that happens, I don't think he'll be stripped of the title. Rather, I suspect Del Rio vs. Swagger will be turned into a #1 contender match, possibly with the winner having to pull down a contract from on top of the ladder. Whoever wins that match could face Ziggler later on down the road after he's had enough time to recover, again, if it's serious enough to remove him from the ER card.

I hope it's storyline. I've waited way to long to see Ziggler's title reign derailed by injury. Dolph needs this match to help solidify the beginning of his title reign.

With it being a triple threat match it could be booked so that Dolph doesn't have to interact with ADR or Swagger and run up the ladder when both of them are down.

If Ziggler is unable to compete at ER correct me if im wrong but if he cant defend his title in a 30 day window he is automatically stripped of the title right? I hope he can go at ER but if not then it probably will be turned into a no1 contenders match between ADR and Swagger.

Concussions are nothing to joke around with. Im glad WWE is taking this serious i am. I hope ziggler is ok

It's got to be legit. Concussions aren't anything to be kayfabe about. It's been a huge focal point for the WWE since the Chris Benoit incident took place. If Ziggler's concussed, then there's a good chance he'll end up missing ER, and to me, I don't believe he'll be stripped of the belt. Simply have Swagger vs Del Rio as a No. 1 contender's match and the winner gets Ziggler at Payback. That's only if the WWE wants to keep the belt on Ziggler.

If not, then as Jack-Hammer mentioned, they'll simply strip him of the belt and have him get the first crack once he's recovered. Damn shame if the second case happens to Dolph.

I hope it's storyline. I've waited way to long to see Ziggler's title reign derailed by injury. Dolph needs this match to help solidify the beginning of his title reign.

:lol: Ziggler marks are hilarious. "Oh no! Not Dolph!" As if anyone outside of his blind ass marks couldn't see this coming eventually because of all the stupid flops he does.

If Ziggler is unable to compete at ER correct me if im wrong but if he cant defend his title in a 30 day window he is automatically stripped of the title right? I hope he can go at ER but if not then it probably will be turned into a no1 contenders match between ADR and Swagger.

Concussions are nothing to joke around with. Im glad WWE is taking this serious i am. I hope ziggler is ok

Have you not been watching WWE for more than a few years? 30 day windows are used strictly for storyline purposes. They come and go as they please. It's highly unlikely that they'd throw that stipulation in there. The only possible way would be if his injury is severe, which it doesn't sound that way.

This might affect ER, but it won't do anything with DZ's title run. Don't start crying just yet people. It's not like they can't just have him do commentary and practice giving promos for a few weeks while he watches Swagger and ADR matches against random people. At this point, however, it would be a weird rewrite to change the ladder match to a #1 contenders match instead, so I'm curious to see how they write this. For all we know, it won't chage ER at all.

Sucks that DZ got injured. Just give the belt to Orton and call it a day. Life goes on. Swagger isn't getting the belt because of the weed incident and ADR couldn't get over when he had it. Give it Orton, turn him heel, call it a day.

Sucks that DZ got injured. Just give the belt to Orton and call it a day. Life goes on. Swagger isn't getting the belt because of the weed incident and ADR couldn't get over when he had it. Give it Orton, turn him heel, call it a day.

As much as I dislike Orton currently, the PPV would be a perfect opportunity.
Have him go over Big Show.
Then, backstage, have him punt or attach Ziggler and put him out of action. The match would go on as planned and have Orton threaten Booker or Teddy into letting him in the match.

He wins title. Ziggler gets rematch at Payback.

It all makes too much sense NOT to work!

(In the WWE's version, they would replace Orton with Shaemus and have him compliment Booker to death to get into the match and just climb up the ladder shouting "FELLA" all the way and just take the title.)

The only problem about this making sense, is the fact that Ziggler is a "heel." You don't turn to a face by beating a heel (BigShow) and then attacking another heel (Ziggler).

I was there at the Smackdown taping. All I'm gonna say is Ziggler wasn't in the match. So, just watch the show to see where it happened.

Please dear God if Cena can still compete and keep his title, please do not strip Dolph. We have all waited too long for something stupid like this to end DZ's 1st legitimate title reign.

That guy deserves a long run at the top. He's paid his dues (Kerwin White/Spirit Squad) and he's earned this spot. It pisses me off they still job him out all the time but at least he's still got the belt.

Let's just hope everything is cool by May 19th.

At the end of the day, these things happen... I'm not gonna shed tears for DZ, especially in light of the Wade Barrett injury last year that he played a major part in causing. Concussions don't get screwed with any more - there is a test he needs to pass and if he can't he has no business in the ring till he can as not only could he do himself more harm, but also those he is working with, especially with his style - being off by even a split second due to still being concussed could end a career or worse.

What do they do with the title? I am guessing they go the CM Punk route and have him taken out of the match in a way that turns him face maybe by the Shield. Will they put Big E. in there in his place? risky considering his lack of experience. I think this is a perfect time to bring Christian back in his place in the match, he's a big enough name to walk out with the "upset win" and easily drop the belt back to Zig when he is fit.

Alternatively, Wade Barrett would be a good guy to put in there, they could even use the injury from last year as the reason for his attack on DZ.

I cant believe it after years of hard work and putting other people over Ziggler finally gets the World Championship and now he suffers a concussion and could potentially lose the title after just winning it a couple of weeks earlier.

Hopefully WWE has faith and even though he cant wrestle keep the strap on him until he can and just extend the feud between Del Rio and Swagger.

At the end of the day, these things happen... I'm not gonna shed tears for DZ, especially in light of the Wade Barrett injury last year that he played a major part in causing. Concussions don't get screwed with any more - there is a test he needs to pass and if he can't he has no business in the ring till he can as not only could he do himself more harm, but also those he is working with, especially with his style - being off by even a split second due to still being concussed could end a career or worse.

What do they do with the title? I am guessing they go the CM Punk route and have him taken out of the match in a way that turns him face maybe by the Shield. Will they put Big E. in there in his place? risky considering his lack of experience. I think this is a perfect time to bring Christian back in his place in the match, he's a big enough name to walk out with the "upset win" and easily drop the belt back to Zig when he is fit.

Alternatively, Wade Barrett would be a good guy to put in there, they could even use the injury from last year as the reason for his attack on DZ.

While that is interesting......http://youtu.be/rOMT0fn2_ws

Barret's injury wasn't Ziggler's fault, he was thrown into Barrett and he's not Goku so he couldnt stop himself in mid-air. In any case, it would suck to have to see any Champion have to drop the title due to injury at this point. Whether it's Cena or Ziggler...doesnt matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back