WWE Diva Suffers Concussion

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
In one of the few instances that I can remember, a WWE Diva from the main roster has suffered a significant injury. During the Divas tag team match last night on Raw, Alicia Fox suffered a concussion and if I had to guess, it happened as a result of the way she landed after taking the modified T-Bone Suplex from Becky Lynch; I remember it as I flinched a little when I saw that Alicia's head slammed into the mat. While there's no word on how long she'll be out, though I'm guessing it'll be at least a month, there's speculation that WWE is going to put another Divas on Team Bella.

While I know it might seem like an odd choice, I wouldn't mind seeing Natalya join Team Bella. Natalya is an established veteran Diva on the main roster and her in-ring ability gives Team Bella a stronger in-ring game that puts them on a more level playing field. Besides, she's not doing anything unless she asked for and was granted time off to help care for her hubby due to his neck injury.

I mentioned it earlier, that it was only a matter of time before one of those new divas got someone hurt. Sasha Banks is the truth. Charlotte and Becky Lynch are overrated and very green. The fact that both of these green jobbers are on the main roster is a testament to how garbage the divas divison is/was.

Get well soon Alicia. Hopefully Charolette and Becky don't get someone killed in the ring.

With the exception of Sasha Banks who is amazing, Charolette and Becky still haven't shown me shit. I don't get what the fuss was all about those two.

I mentioned it earlier, that it was only a matter of time before one of those new divas got someone hurt. Sasha Banks is the truth. Charlotte and Becky Lynch are overrated and very green. The fact that both of these green jobbers are on the main roster is a testament to how garbage the divas divison is/was.

Get well soon Alicia. Hopefully Charolette and Becky don't get someone killed in the ring.

With the exception of Sasha Banks who is amazing, Charolette and Becky still haven't shown me shit. I don't get what the fuss was all about those two.

I remember you calling that, good foresight. The new Divas mixed with the regular Divas are a bit reckless, but it makes for some intense match ups. Did you see The Lucha Dragons vs Los Matadors ? As good as their match seemed, they were setting up shit so safe and slow it was kind of shocking. Those two teams need to speed that up if they want to be on PPVs.

This is a rough break for Fox. To be forced to the sidelines just as the division is given a spot light just sucks. Personally I've always been a fan of hers. She has a great deal of athletic ability. If she only had the benefits of NXT and the Performance Center when she came into the game.

As JH mentioned, Natalya would be a nice addition to Team Bella. Storyline wise there are a number of directions they can go to explain the reasoning. In the end she would bring a much needed balance to the trio of stables.

Quick question, how involved is she with training the Horsewomen? Would she be able to resume touring?

It's not a rough break. If anything, it highlights how god awful the current women's division truly is. The NXT ladies are used to working high impact, strong matches. The divas look like children out there, always lost and one step behind. This is not an NXT call up problem, this shows how lazy and complacent the current division is. Time to step your game up or get the hell out of the way, and let the real workers work.

They can protect her and keep her in the match, just on the apron. Or may tagging in just do get a few punches in or what not, but otherwise she doesn't take any hits

A move like this, the danger comes from the inexperienced one taking the bump, not the one executing the move. This isnt about Lunch being green, this is about Fox being unable to work. Out of the 9, she was far below the rest in talent.

However, this really sucks. She was getting a push, and in this, she could have gotten somewhere. I hope her well in recovery.

I haven't seen it so I can't say anything. Injuries happen, it's a tough business. It's unfortunate that she is out, hopefully she can recover and still continue her career.

I always thought Alicia Fox was an odd choice to be with the Bellas. A better choice might have been Summer Rae, Rosa Mendes, Emma or even Eve, in my view.

You're an idiot. If anything it was Alicia's fault for not being able to bump correctly. Becky Lynch has been using that move for years now, and has never hurt anyone with it to the best of my knowledge. Alicia Fox is an awkward worker who looks like she might injure herself or someone else just by running and jumping half the time, and if anything this greatly exposes how utterly weak and unskilled the women's performers that WWE have been peddling for years now actually are. A skilled worker would have been able to protect themselves with no issues.

I'm sorry but after watching that suplex many times, I fail to see where she landed on her head at all. Even if she did it's 100% on Fox.

It's very clear she didn't do her part and poor Becky basically deadlifted her on the suplex after giving her ample opportunity.

You could see it coming too, Becky had to move her into position for the suplex right before that. In general the NXT women look like they have to go in slow motion for the Main roster gals to keep up.

Also, I'm getting VERY tired of people telling me:
"Oh the Bellas have improved."
"Fox is underrated."
"Naomi deserves a shot."

No, none of that is true. These ladies have had far to long to get better and they won't improve in the future because that would require taking them off TV and sending back to NXT. The NXT women slow their shit down to make the main roster women look good.

I'm excited for the revolution but I'm not stupid enough to think it will start before Nikki breaks AJ Lee's record. For now we'll be in a pleasant holding pattern.

This is a rough break. A. Fox has always been enjoyable to watch (well after that terrible wedding planner angle) and I was glad to see her involved in the "revolution". She's definitely talented enough to be out there, it's hardly her fault that majority of the time she's been on the roster the divas haven't been allowed to use such high impact moves. I wish her a very speedy recovery.

I would actually like if Emma joined Team Bella. Her recent attitude change fits with The Bellas more than Natalya and she can use this as her opportunity to "get it right" this time around on the main roster. But if she's busy with NXT then I guess Natalya will do.

EDIT:

This is also where it could have happened (Paige's face says it all):

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/626138854077169664

While she was attempting to do this:
https://twitter.com/KeepItFiveStar/status/625852076162174978

I waited too long to add this in but it looked like Fox couldn't support her weight difference (in comparison to Paige). You can see Charlotte shaking her head on the way down, or maybe she was just a bit too tall for the move.

It's not a rough break. If anything, it highlights how god awful the current women's division truly is. The NXT ladies are used to working high impact, strong matches. The divas look like children out there, always lost and one step behind. This is not an NXT call up problem, this shows how lazy and complacent the current division is. Time to step your game up or get the hell out of the way, and let the real workers work.

Oh this has hit the nail on the head. The Diva's on the main roster look foolish in the ring compared to the NXT girls, and I don't blame them. This is solely the fault of the WWE for not treating women's wrestling like they should. Now their development girls are coming up and outshining long standing main roster Diva's.

They really look like they have no clue what's going on, and it's just a matter of time before another one gets injured. The NXT girls can flat out go, where the main roster Diva's have been stuck in a rut forever now. They care more about Total Diva's than anything to do with actual wrestling.

It's almost sad that the Bella's and others look like the ones just out of training.

Oh this has hit the nail on the head. The Diva's on the main roster look foolish in the ring compared to the NXT girls, and I don't blame them. This is solely the fault of the WWE for not treating women's wrestling like they should. Now their development girls are coming up and outshining long standing main roster Diva's.

They really look like they have no clue what's going on, and it's just a matter of time before another one gets injured. The NXT girls can flat out go, where the main roster Diva's have been stuck in a rut forever now. They care more about Total Diva's than anything to do with actual wrestling.

It's almost sad that the Bella's and others look like the ones just out of training.
FINALLY! Somebody gets it! The Bellas and the vast majority of the Divas are little more than fitness models, runway models, and wannabe actresses. Why do you think they got Summer Rae with a fish in her face? Because she will get killed the way she wrestles. If WWE is smart, they give the Bellas a real wrestler, and give them Emma. At least Emma could compete with Sasha and Charlotte without ending up injured. She at least knows how to take bumps. Madison Eagles did not train an idiot.

Sorry, folks, the Bellas are every bit as good as the NXT girls. Tamina and Alicia Fox are sorely subpar, but especially Nicki is as good as the NXT girls

Sorry, folks, the Bellas are every bit as good as the NXT girls. Tamina and Alicia Fox are sorely subpar, but especially Nicki is as good as the NXT girls

I'd say Nikki can hold her own. She's impressed me over the last couple of months. Though she's clearly not the worker that Paige, Charlotte, and Sasha are. Though I'm sure she'll get there quickly the rate she's learning. Becky though, I like, but she's probably doomed for Natalya's career, as even in the Indy's she wasn't all that charismatic or likable. We'll see though. I thought Mickie James would have been the same way, coming from the Indy's as Alexis Laree, but she turned out alright.

Brie though, needs serious work. There's already a huge difference in the performances of both Bella's. Cena's probably been coaching Nikki on the side. And it shows.

Think Alicia Fox needs to spend some time down at NXT to learn how to take high impact moves that the NXT ladies takes like its nothing. And while the Bellas has imporved its still funny watching Brie try to keep pace with Charlotte and Sasha Banks, might end up hurting herself if she tries too hard.

I really don' t have a problem with most of the main roster Diva's that have actual wrestling talent with the exception being Eva Marie ( Still very, very, very GREEN! but seems dedicated to improving in the ring but the suddenly depleted NXT is where She should work to improve.) , Summer Rae (Green and shows no real signs of improving. Wasn't She promoted from NXT?), Lana (Just a Valet.), Cameron (See comments for Summer Rae and repeat.), Rosa Mendez( Quite possibly the most worthless Diva to ever grace the WWE. She literally brings nothing to the table at least Lana and Summer have character and are perfect throwback Female Managers.) , Stephanie McMahon (Should have never been in the ring to begin with.) and Tamina (GREEN! shows glimpses of talent but could really benefit from a demotion to NXT. She is byfar the least talented woman in the Diva's Revolution.) all of the other Diva's are capable of having quality matches, but let's face facts the WWE has not put a focus on the Diva's Division in years, IMO the last time WWE show any real interest in the Division was back when it was headed up by Trish Stratus, Molly Holly , Jazz, Lita, Mickie James, Ect... Until the NXT women debuted on RAW the WWE did not give the ladies enough time to work and to be honest in recent years they have used and abused the Diva's for eye candy and filler matches with the occasional good match thrown in by A.J. Lee and/or Paige. The truth raw uncut truth is that the NXT Women are NOT! superior to the current roster of Diva's but they are all extremely talented and essential to this new and exciting direction the WWE is moving the Diva's Division in.

Believe it or not I have always thought WWE dropped the ball with Alicia Fox I think she has a distinct character and is a underutilized and talented worker in the ring. I do not believe She or Becky Lynch is to blame for the incident sometimes in the very physical world of sports entertainment an accident is just that. While I am blown away at how much I have enjoyed the Diva's Revolution I think the best is yet to come as NXT has put on some of the very best Women's wrestling matches I have ever had the pleasure of seeing and I am genuinely looking forward to how all these ladies will continue to develop their chemistry in the ring to entertain Us all in the coming months.

People need to realize a few things. One, the only reason WWE is putting the immeasurable time and effort in the Diva's Division right now is because it worked so well on the small stage of NXT. Two, the NXT Diva's know and trust each other through battle hardened, time tested, WRESTLING matches and have had an ample amount of time to develop their chemistry together in the ring they simply know how to put matches together through experience and hard work and have been given the TIME to developthis skill.Last it's going to take time to reinvent the fledgling Diva's Division as it was in beyond poor form.The good news is that It truly scares Me to think about just how much the Diva's Division has improved in just three short weeks and I hope the trend continues.

If they have to replace Fox on Team Bella I hope they choose Natalya, She is arguably the best active Women's Wrestler the WWE has(Not including Sara Amato a.k.a Sara Del Rey who is a trainer for NXT) IMO, if she had a half a personality She would probably be the top Women's Star for the WWE right now. I also believe They should replace Tamina possibly with an extremely better worker like Layla El who could fit in with the B.A.D gimmick and put on a quality match IMO.

I'd say Nikki can hold her own. She's impressed me over the last couple of months. Though she's clearly not the worker that Paige, Charlotte, and Sasha are. Though I'm sure she'll get there quickly the rate she's learning. Becky though, I like, but she's probably doomed for Natalya's career, as even in the Indy's she wasn't all that charismatic or likable. We'll see though. I thought Mickie James would have been the same way, coming from the Indy's as Alexis Laree, but she turned out alright.

Brie though, needs serious work. There's already a huge difference in the performances of both Bella's. Cena's probably been coaching Nikki on the side. And it shows.

This.

People really need to stop referring to them as The Bellas when talking about them talent wise. That may sound a little silly but Nikki is head and shoulders above Brie and has been for quite some time. But some people seem to be about as useful as referees when trying to distinguish the two.

Now obviously you then have the NXT divas who are head and shoulders (and legs and feet) above Nikki, Alicia, Naomi and so on. Now I happen to think Becky is very charismatic and likable, if they let her be the Becky who challenged Sasha. Though she's stopped it as of late, the whipping her hair between the ropes could be enough to get the crowd into her. But I agree if mishandled she could easily slip into the Natalya realm (though she has more charisma in her hair than Natalya has in her entire body) because I'm sure a certain McMahon would love to see "the one with the funny accent" doing a "comedy" angle. Hell, it could get as bad Jillian Hall.

As soon as I saw the bump off that T-bone I knew she was probably concussed... I remember saying to myself, there is no way that didn't giver her a concussion, as there was no way to tuck her head. I thought, perhaps I may have been wrong when nothing came out after Raw.

Anyway, Alicia's ok in the ring, but not compared to the three NXT call-ups, and her inexperience has showed in a big way. Brie has always come off as sloppy in the ring and has proven she's not going to get any better... she really drags match quality down when paired with a better opponent. Tamina just can't hang in my opinion as she's very green and can't work a match to save her life. Naomi's alright as well and I feel she'll be the one really putting on some great matches with the call-ups in the near future. As for Nikki, I'll be a supporter once again. Nikki has put on some good matches for a while now and being paired up with some girls that can really go should allow her to show off more of her wrestling ability.

I understand that Nikki Bella detractors (much like John Cena detractors) will NEVER give her any credit for anything, so it's hard to take them seriously after a while. It's hard to argue that she deserves to be champ right now.

This is a rough break. A. Fox has always been enjoyable to watch (well after that terrible wedding planner angle) and I was glad to see her involved in the "revolution". She's definitely talented enough to be out there, it's hardly her fault that majority of the time she's been on the roster the divas haven't been allowed to use such high impact moves. I wish her a very speedy recovery.

I would actually like if Emma joined Team Bella. Her recent attitude change fits with The Bellas more than Natalya and she can use this as her opportunity to "get it right" this time around on the main roster. But if she's busy with NXT then I guess Natalya will do.

EDIT:

This is also where it could have happened (Paige's face says it all):

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/626138854077169664

While she was attempting to do this:
https://twitter.com/KeepItFiveStar/status/625852076162174978

Ditto Brother! Despite others febble attempts to defend the new divas, it's clear Charolette botched that moved. Botched it badly at that. It's only a matter of time before someone is seriously injured or worse with these green jobbers who clearly aren't ready. SMH......

I remember you calling that, good foresight. The new Divas mixed with the regular Divas are a bit reckless, but it makes for some intense match ups. Did you see The Lucha Dragons vs Los Matadors ? As good as their match seemed, they were setting up shit so safe and slow it was kind of shocking. Those two teams need to speed that up if they want to be on PPVs.

It was easy to call brother.....Charolette and Becky are green, reckless hotheads with minimal talent.

I saw that garbage match with the luchadors. It looked like both teams were a step slow. I don't know what the deal was. I wish someone would squash that little dweeb, he's annoying as hell.....

In one of the few instances that I can remember, a WWE Diva from the main roster has suffered a significant injury. During the Divas tag team match last night on Raw, Alicia Fox suffered a concussion and if I had to guess, it happened as a result of the way she landed after taking the modified T-Bone Suplex from Becky Lynch; I remember it as I flinched a little when I saw that Alicia's head slammed into the mat. While there's no word on how long she'll be out, though I'm guessing it'll be at least a month, there's speculation that WWE is going to put another Divas on Team Bella.

While I know it might seem like an odd choice, I wouldn't mind seeing Natalya join Team Bella. Natalya is an established veteran Diva on the main roster and her in-ring ability gives Team Bella a stronger in-ring game that puts them on a more level playing field. Besides, she's not doing anything unless she asked for and was granted time off to help care for her hubby due to his neck injury.

Wow! I had no idea. I hope she gets better soon. I couldn't see Natayla in Team Bella. Her personality wouldn't fit them. She fits more in with Paige's group.

In a lot of wrestling maneuvers, it's a two person job. The person giving the move has to know how to properly apply it and the person taking it has to know how to properly take it without getting hurt. To be fair, the best in-ring wrestlers in the world can get hurt at any given time; all it takes is a momentary lapse of concentration, failing to tuck your chin just a tiny bit tighter, not adjusting yourself to just the right angle and be just a few degrees off to land properly, etc.

I haven't read anything since the initial story, but there doesn't seem to be any heat on Becky Lynch, nor should there be as she performed the move properly and Alicia Fox simply didn't land correctly. I don't get any sort of jollies out of anyone being genuinely injured.

One poster mentioned that the NXT Divas are green and while that's true in terms of being on the main roster, it's most of the main roster Divas who're green when it comes to in-ring ability. Nikki and Brie have come a long way since the days of their last run in WWE, they were embarrassing to watch sometimes, Alicia Fox is pretty decent and has genuine athletic ability. However, compared to the in-ring abilities of the NXT Divas, most of those on the main roster might as well be standing still. Paige, Becky and Sasha have more experience outside of NXT, Becky Lynch has been in the business almost 13 years, and Charlotte has come an extremely long way in just 2 years. Still, the training these women received in NXT is worlds apart from what the Divas before them went through when Big Johnny was in charge of WWE's developmental program. Under Big Johnny, the Divas were taught most of the basics but were told that what's more important is that they have a great physical appearance. Under Triple H, the training is far more physical, much more emphasis put on wrestling, general in-ring ability and storytelling than how screwable the girls look in skimpy outfits. As a result, the NXT Divas wrestle a much more physical style that most of the gals who've been on the main roster for years haven't had a lot of experience with and are going to have to toughen up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back