Dolph Ziggler just isn't that good compared to others

Have to be honest, I think Dolph Ziggler is extremely talented. He has had bad luck with injuries, and sometimes can't get his charisma across on a live mic, compared to a pre taped segment, and I think it's held him back.

Now you can make an argument for what you're saying, and too each his own, but the one thing I cannot disagree with more, is the Matt Sydal sells better than Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler can make a chop to the chest look a like a bullet to the heart, and make the guys he wrestles with look like champs.

I agree with above statements that there is nothing wrong with being a strong mid carder and not being in the main event. You have to have to have a strong mid card to make the show work. This is why we remember guys like Mr. Perfect and Rick Rude. I can see how it would be frustrating to see The Shield guys get monster pushes without being there as long. My main disconnect with Ziggler right now is that he is the "show off", and it doesn't feel quite right when you see him with squeaky clean baby faces like the Uso's or Sheamus. Being a "show off" seems like it would be a cocky braggart (heel). As someone mentioned - his live mic work is sometimes not the best, but who knows what is scripted for him.

And Miz a better wrestler than Ziggler? C'mon.

I'm not a Ziggler fan by any stretch. Hell I've been highly critical of the guy before but he's way better than some of the jokesters listed in the OP. Matt Sydal? Why is he even being brought up, dude hasn't ever been relevant.

I think the IC title is a good fit for Ziggler. I didn't see anything in him before but I'll admit now he makes a great underdog face. His match with Orton was top notch this week and he's pretty consistently over with the crowd. Bret Hart was in the WWF for what, 9 years, before becoming a top guy? If Ziggler sticks with it maybe he can someday ascend to that level.

In my POV, Ambrose, Ziggler, and Orton are the best performers in the WWE right now, and I mean RAW/SD, not NXT, I hardly watch NXT, I'm meaning strictly RAW or Smackdown.

In my POV, Ambrose, Ziggler, and Orton are the best performers in the WWE right now....

I'd add Cesaro to that list. Last night, most of the activity on Raw centered around the Authority/Cena/Ambrose situation, both in promos and ring wrestling.

There was little else, when you come right down to it; no novelty stuff and no movement on other storylines......for instance, there was a 6-man tag between Usos'/Sheamus vs. Rhodesdust/Sandow, which accomplished nothing (although it was fun to watch Damien get the pin), a diva match that solved nothing, a Big Show/Rusev segment that featured no fighting.

But when they needed a match to take us up to the main event, I was glad to see them pick what was sure to be a hard-fought contest between two midcarders who always provide a good show: Dolph vs. Cesaro.

What was the match to accomplish? Nothing. But you knew it would be fun to watch....and we shouldn't forget that for all the storylines and plot enhancers we've come to expect, the biggest attraction of all should be good wrestling matches.

Dolph and Cesaro provided one. Additionally, since they both function in the middle of the card, we didn't know who would emerge victorious. It was Cesaro, but Dolph could just as easily have taken the duke.

At any rate, stuff like that is why there's nothing wrong with Dolph functioning on the midcard, rather than trying to force-feed us on the idea he should be a Top 3 talent. His matches are fun to watch....and if that's not important to a fan, they're forgetting what brought them to the fair in the first place.

Ziggler is good but not the messiah of sports entertainment as many want to believe. He is a good wrestler, that's for certain, and he clearly has personality. Not only that, but he has a great look.

In theory, Dolph should maybe have done more but there has been a lot of competition and he's always been solid rather than spectacular. Being the IC champ is a good role for him. Let Dolph have a 10 minute match every Raw and he will deliver. I'd also like him to get some promo time but that's just me.

In terms of overall ability, Dolph is where he should be. There are many wrestlers better and many wrestlers who are worse. He's a nice B+ wrestler who got to be World Champ (twice). That's a decent career for someone who has constantly been "buried". For what it's worth, I like Dolph - he is a guy on the roster I genuinely want to see do well.

I never got the hype about Ziggler. He's never once struck me as a top level guy. He hasn't had a match of the night since his match against Bryan at Bragging Rights 2010. Hardly called show stealing and no Dolph, you are not backing it up. I don't mind him in the midcard because I feel he strictly belongs there and to mention the fact he bitches and moans about everything in his interviews. Yeah he's been around for a long time, but that doesn't always mean you get rewarded or pushed to the top. Maybe it's just a case of looking in the mirror and realizing you aren't as good as you make yourself out to be.

Add in his concussions and the way he presents himself in interviews he is just not a main event level guy. He's a guy who got a whole bunch of internet support and smark pops from crowds in cities like Philly and Chicago and he thinks he's better than everyone because of that.

Now there's an argument coming I'm sure about CM Punk. Yes he did most of the things Ziggler did, but the fact that Punk has charisma, can cut one of the best promos in the history of the business and can wrestle damn near classics in almost all his big matches made the WWE brass prove that he belonged in that spot. Ziggler doesn't do any of that. He can tell us how good he is and all that but if he never truly blows our minds, the brass isn't going to push him. And that's how it should be. There is nothing wrong with being a career midcarder with multiple midcard titles under your belt and MAYBE a show stealing match (if it ever comes again for Dolph) along with a side of World Championship reigns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back