• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone want to see the return of DX?

RKO18

Celtic Warrior
Honestly does anyone really care whether HBK and HHH return together as DX?
DX is done-end of story. It was so overused in 06 that it made me forget about my good memories of DX from the 90's. Those vignettes they did around SummerSlam during their last run were some of the worst I have ever seen. The only good thing about a reunion would be that it would keep HHH away from the title. Its something he hasn't needed since 2005 anyway. People are complaining about Raw now and if DX were involved it would be ten times worse.

Thoughts?

I'm sure they will return as the raw part of the european tour is called dx invasion tour. I don't care either way, they won't b as edgy as the 90's so it'll b similar to 06, which wasn't all that bad, yeh it was cheesy as hell but the sum of it was watchable like shawns 'shane dancing' and also wen they tried to buy tickets from cryme tyme outside the arena, and wen hbk was jus superkicking ppl in the corridor randomly, yeh most of the time they were trying to b funny and failed miserably but they didn't try 2 b cool like the 90's, they took the piss out of themselves and each other sumtimes, acknowledging that the 40 sumthings trying to be "degenerates". As long as they don't take up half of raw like before, I won't mind them back. Its stupid how ppl on here can't accept newer versions of anything, even wen its obvious in 06 they weren't trying 2 recreate the old dx from the 90's, it wud b stupid if they had never acknowledged dx's existance with hbk and hhh both on the same show, especially since every1 knows they are friends too.

I don't want to see a DX reunion. At this point, Triple H and HBK need to focus on the end of their career. I doubt there's even time for a DX reunion if Shawn does retire at wrestlemania next year. But the truth is that DX is a major draw, everyone knows that. During their 2006 run they attracted millions of fans because of the comedy, but that was at the cost of the worst feud I have ever seen with DX vs. the McMahons. My fecal matter could have produced a better storyline for a DX reunion.

The WWE needs to drop DX completely at this point and focus on the end of the future hall of famers' carrers. If the rumors are true HBK won't be back till this summer, and at that point they should start to focus on a final feud. If they want a good feud to end his career they need to start it by November or December at the latest. And if it was decided to have a DX reunion, it would spoil the legacy of Shawn Michaels career. I only say him because Triple H probably still has a good 2 or 3 years in him, and he'll probably use them.

As much as I love seeing two fourty years old - one of whom is balding, and the other a known father of two - running around and pretending to be fifteen, I'd rather not have to see a one-night thing from them four times a year, forget an actual reunion.

I for one would not like to. I remember Mark Madden wrote a column a while back about how Dx is over the hill and done. HHH got married to the daughter of the boss, and has been teaming up with him and his son. He has become the very authority he used to fight. HBK is getting old and his character has matured very much. These days he's defending his own honor, his career, and his wife, he's no longer a degenerate.

The other reason they shouldn't come back is because both wrestlers are past old, and Dx is indeed one of the greatest stables in the history of the WWE, if not all of professional wrestling. They should just leave the legacy of Dx alone. In my opinion, WWE shouldn't try to beat the Dx horse until it's dead, but rather, should try to replicate their success by creating a similar type of stable for the younger superstars.

like it or not , it will happpen why............

a) DX equals ratings
b) HHH will want it to happen so it will
c) If Shawn is really retiring they'll want to do it one more time

why it should happen............................

a) they have a perfect person to torture now, which is Vickie Guerrero
b) it will keep HHH out of the title picture and give a 2nd major storyline to RAW (the first being whoever is fighting for the title)
and finally c)
HBK had earned the right to write his own storyline if he wants too, if he wants to reunite DX one more time for a run, then he should and he'll make it damn entertaining no matter what !!!

tbh, i don't really know dx from back in the days during the 90s so i can't really compare them to the dx of 2006 but i can sure say that in 2006, i found them pretty funny with all those jokes on the spirit squad, mcmahons(the hell in a cell match where they put vince's head on big show's ass was hillarious) and yes, it was good to see trips away from the title scene.

ford dx to reunite and do all those stints all over again will be pretty boring(for those who watched dx during the 90's and 2006). it'll be all over again however, i would like to see dx return but only to compete...i would love to see teams like dx, brothers of destruction, rated-rko, etc... return and all compete for tag titles knowing that all the members are main eventers and let the midcard guys have their shot at ME for the big titles but i doubt that would happen

i don't want to see a dx return unless they pick on someone else other than the mcmahons

Would I like to see another DX Reunion? Absolutely not.

It is clear from their last go-round that these two no longer have it. Instead of their humor being edgy, as it was in their prime ... the last go-round, their humor was pretty juvenile in nature, and I didn't find it amusing in the slightest.

They are just too old for the parts, and the rating restricts them too much in what they can and can not do. Of course, not like the new Shawn would push the envelope anymore, anyway.

So no, I have zero desire to see DX get together ever again.

While it could be fairly entertaining, I vote no for the following reasons:

1. It's looking backward not forward. WWE fans are crying for something new and fresh. DX was new and fresh...over a decade ago.

2. This will keep the spotlight even further off the mid-card talent WWE needs to be grooming.

3. Do we really want to see DX v. Legacy? That's the most likely result.

In short, it will most likely be a short-term ratings spike, but at the expense of the turnaround that WWE needs long term.

Kind of like auto-makers slapping a $4000 rebate on a car to sell it instead of building a good car that people actually want.

if dx has to return, then i would only like to see them strictly competing and no shennanigans...it would be nice to see trips and hbk away from the main title scene and back to the tag division...they could help alot of the younger guys there

i say no.. during their last run, even though i actually thought some of the stuff was kinda funny, it just wasn't the same as the original DX, it was too watered down, it's just like when they brought the nWo to WWE, it didn't feel the same at all..

A new DX would be cool. It would have to be Shawn Michaels mentoring younger guys like Morrison and Bourne. Something of that nature to give new attitude and flare to it.

if dx has to return, then i would only like to see them strictly competing and no shennanigans...it would be nice to see trips and hbk away from the main title scene and back to the tag division...they could help alot of the younger guys there

Please tell me this isn't serious.

DX was never about pushing young guys. It was never about the title picture. It was about ATTITUDE. It was about STYLE. It was about REVOLUTION.

When DX first formed in 1997, Triple H had been around a while, Road Dogg and Billy Gunn were sort-of veterans, and Michaels was an established star. The original DX formed as a true attitude of rebelling against conventionalism. And it launched the attitude era.

So here are some facts:

1. DX cannot, and will not, survive in a PG-rated Project.

2. Every new incarnation you people are asking for, I promise you, you will compare to the 1997 incarnation and you will then self-righteously hate it.

3. Contrary to what you are asking, recycling storylines for a THIRD TIME is a BAD IDEA! Didn't work with the nWo, won't work now.

No, no it would not be cool. Guys like Bourne and especially Morrison already have their own attitude. Having someone like Shawn or Hunter mentor them would just be plain sad. It'd be like someone's dad trying to tell their kids how to be hip and cool. Balding middle-aged men don't even know what attitude is.

The fact that Hunter and Shawn think that toned down version of the same old dick and fart jokes that they made 12 years ago is still funny is just about the saddest thing in the world.

"ZOMG!!! Cock is slang for penis!! I ez cleavvoor!"

I didn't want to see them reunite three years and I don't want to see them now. It was cool seeing Nash, Hall, and Hogan in the WWE in 2002 but when the NWO reformed with HBK, Nash, Booker, Show, and X-Pac it was shit. I'll consider X-Pac the King of the NWO since he was in like four reincarnations of it. If it didn't work for them it is not going to work for DX since they are mainly based on cock jokes and we are living in a PG-Land.

I'm sure that there will periodically be a DX reunion until the end of HBK and HHH's careers. I do feel confident that there will not be any full time reunion of DX ever again. The now and again DX reunions are basically to generate money with the DX merchandise that is still sold and to manufacture a monster pop from the crowd. Trips and HBK are still considered main eventers, and Legacy if definately the top faction in the WWE, so don't hold your breath for a full time DX reunion. They are simply not needed.

b) HHH will want it to happen so it will

I've been hearing that Trips wants to turn heel again. Unless they re-form a heel DK with a few other members (like it should have had in the first place), I don't see it happen. You should probably expect a heel turn from Trips against Batista when he get back after taking care of Orton. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see a title run as heel.

Then again, this would him joining up with Randy Orton, unless they move RKO and Legacy to Smackdown, and I don't see either of those happening. Or RKO and Legacy would have to turn face. Don't see it happening either.

a) they have a perfect person to torture now, which is Vickie Guerrero

Vicky is arguably the biggest Heel non-wrestler in the business. Why would you want to see her buried by Trips and HBK?

DX is over and done with, that's the way it should stay. HBK and Triple H aren't the same guys they were when DX was at its peak.

HBK is a born again Christian, so he won't do the vast majority of the antics that he used to help get himself over back in the mid to late 90s. He doesn't have the edge anymore to pull the classic HBK off. As for Triple H, he's spent much of this past decade building himself into this super badass/ultimate control freak type of guy and it doesn't mesh AT ALL with what DX was really about. Since Triple H has also redefined himself, he doesn't really do the class clown bit very well anymore. Most of the times when he tries to be funny now, he just falls flat on his face.

HBK is well into his 40s and Triple H turns 40 this year and there are few things more pathetic than watching a couple of middle age men run around, mooning people, chopping their crotches and generally acting like a couple of drunken frat boys. When DX was at its peak, society in and of itself was different. Also, given the fact that Vince is now trying to make the product more kid friendly, basically trying to revert the company to some semblance of itself prior to the Attitude Era, a watered down DX does absolutely nothing for the product.

DX was great, everything they did was gold back in the 90s but it's a new day. DX needs to be put to rest or, at the very very least, Vince should consider possibly reforming the group using completely different people. HBK and Triple H have run their course with it.

Anything i say at this point would be spamming so i am just going to give my opinion, 1. I thought the 06 revival of DX was pretty funny and i was one of the marks that shelled out on the New and Improved DVD release they did 2. With that said i agree with most people on here DX is done and over, unless they bring it back with younger stars (someone Trips and Shawn pic to feud with Legacy maybe?) Although someone metioned beating the DX horse until its dead, personally i think that has already happened the DX horse is dead but it seems WWE wants to attach the jump leads to it for one more stint

No. Period. I don't wanna see DX come back at all.

Think back to when DX was first formed, hell even the DX Army. Back then it was cool to like DX, your peers looked at you as kind of an outlaw cause you were cheering the bad guys.

Now every little kid with a new DX shirt cheers for them, Shawn is a born again christian, and Trips is married with kids.

No. DX should never come back.

Same with the nWo UNLESS, they make the nWo with new guys that can at least be almost as badass as the originals.

Otherwise. Absolutely Not.

Nope. People failed to see how bad DX was last time. THey weren't DX. They were Shawn Michaels and HHH as a tag team with a name and wearing green. That was DX's latest incarnation. The feud with VInce was horrible with maybe two good ljokes the whole time. Even now it would be awful. It's hard for me to accept DX as a whole anyway, but to go from what HHH and Michaels were doing heading into WM, I don't want to see them go back to cock jokes. No way on them as it would just be bad and everyone would sing its praises because they don't get it.

Nope. People failed to see how bad DX was last time.
By "people" I assume you mean people other than me. DX was atrocious. The funniest part was how everyone was bashing Cena at the time as only appealing to kids...while DX was dropping poop on the McMahons. I found the hypocrisy awesome.

Say no to DX. It quit being interesting 10 years ago...we don't need it anymore.

Not at all. HHH & HBK is not the original DX or what it stood for, they are not young, they are not against the system and they don't have anything to rebel against. DX just doesn't work for me anymore, two men in their 40's, balding, telling horrible jokes, inevitably winning with a SCM/Pedigree combo and crotch chopping.

That being said, I think everyone knows it's an easy pop and ratings maker in the WWE when they advertise another reunion. And it will happen, HBK is close to retiring and they'll have one last run i'm sure just to give some fans what they want.

The only time I would like to see DX return is when all of the original members of the group return. The Roaddog Jesse James, Bad Ass Billy Gunn (New Age Outlaws), X-Pac and Chyna. Having them reform that group with HHH and HBK would be something I would love too see. However that won't likely ever happen again, so if it was DX only with HHH and HBK involved again I'll take a pass on that DX return as it didn't impress me when they did in 2006. It just wasn't and it won't ever be the same again.

By "people" I assume you mean people other than me. DX was atrocious. The funniest part was how everyone was bashing Cena at the time as only appealing to kids...while DX was dropping poop on the McMahons. I found the hypocrisy awesome.

Say no to DX. It quit being interesting 10 years ago...we don't need it anymore.

By "everyone" I assume you mean people other than me. Both DX and Cena were (and in Cena's case still is) atrocious. Both only appealed to kids with their poop and gay jokes.

Oh wait. Cena also appealed to the super white kids who wanted to pretend that they were street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back