• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone miss Ecw now?

Rated_R_Edgehead

Dark Match Winner
Howdy everyone, I didn't exactly know where to put this thread so I placed it in the old school wrestling section.

I'm just thinking, it's been a while now since Ecw has been gone, and I've been wondering if people have missed Ecw since its departure 2 months ago?

I know it's only been around 2 months since it left, and this kind of thread might be a bit early but I just wanted to see what people thought.

Personally I miss it sometimes, NXT has been doing well for now, but I do wish we still had Ecw now and again.

So what do you think, do you miss Ecw, or are you glad it's gone?

In all fairness ECW ONE NIGHT STAND was close to the orginal ECW. It had the stars, it had the volience, and it had the blood. I am for one glad its gone because WWE raped the legacy of ECW by created that basdard child.

I don't miss ECW too much but I do not like NXT. I've tried watching it twice and both times it was an abortion of a show. If they just admit that it's a training show instead of some dumbass contest then they could just give FCW and be done with it. We'd get more wrestling, less sob stories, and the different styles that they try to stop guys from using in WWE.

I can't really say I do. I would have preferred The real ECW in the first place. I've watched every NXT Show(while trying my best not to mute Michael Cole:banghead:) and I think it's OK but not really as exciting as I thought it would be. In general to the question, I don't miss it because it wasn't the real ECW and it was never fully treated as an equal to Smackdown of Raw when it was on the air.

Well the one thing I will say about the ECW that ended a couple months ago was that it was a great breeding ground for the new superstars that obviously are shining on the main brands today. The one great thing about ECW compared to NXT is that WWE wasn't trying to pull the wool over our eyes by saying that these are just rookies in a contest. We took guys like Sheamus, Punk and Jack Swagger as superstars who were a match away from being ready for the Big 2! So in that regard I do miss ECW

I can bluntly say I don't miss it, at least not the WWECW. WWE should've never brought it IMO if they knew it was gonna be there forever or at least longer than it did. My question is though; Do WWE still acknowledge all the former ECW champions? If not, does it make people like Christian lose credibility? I don't know, correct me if I'm wrong; If so then I really don't miss it all.

See I think people who are saying they dont miss it arent looking at the original posters real reason for missing it (IMO). I think he or she misses it becuase it was more of a wrestlign program than NXT is with all the stupid ass crap that goes on on NXT I cannot stand the program other than Bryan Dan... i mean Danial Bryan why watch it?.?.?.... I miss the WWECW because it was a good breading groiund for new talent especially Punk and Swagger... and also it made Christian and Regal relevant whcih they arent since the show ended 2 monts ago

well it depends what ECW your talking about the ECW we had for the last 2 years NO not really only reason i watch it the last 2 yrs. is because of CHRISTIAN. now the ECW we had with all the orginal stars YES[probally because of K2 because DAMN shes HOT!!! NOUGH SAID] and plus i liked watching all the orignals and the new stars like PUNK, JOMO, and THE MIZ.

People shouldnt hate WWECW because they ruined the name as they would say... ECW and WWECW are two different things and entities and need to be judged as so... I do not even think of ECW and WWECW as the same thing just a name rip off of the orginal so therefore I do not think it is fair to say they are the same..... I think when people discuss the two or either they should precede all convos with either ECW or WWECW so we know what to discuss bewcause they are so far different

ECW was my favorite brand of the 3 for a very, very long time. It had fresh stars and established veterans, and usually some damn good wrestling. Christian v Swagger, Christian v Shelton, Regal v ANYONE. Hopefully SmackDown! is going to have that spark ECW did with all of its fresh talent coming in, and some new stars will be pushed up to its main event.

What im hoping for now that ECW is "Dead" is that wwe will start another Ecw One Night Stand. Ecw to me was a pretty decent show I dont know why wwe decided too cut ecw just because of its ratings. Nxt is well but still has the same ratings as ecw

I felt ecw was a poor mans raw and that's saying something. What with the Abraham Washington show and all that crap it was a proper snoozefest. I will say there were some real good matches and some interesting rivalries involving guys like punk, Morrison, swagger, Christian ect but it really wasn't memorable overall so I'm glad it's finished. NXT is different and although it's not lighting up the WWE, it is what it is and that's an opportunity for guys to go out and make a name. Simply having a match and seeing how the crowd responds just doesn't cut it anymore so they need to be tested in other areas like promos ect. As for the old ecw, while Im not a fan of the pg era and the medic running in to fix someone boo boo, I do think hardcore wrestling outstayed it's welcome years ago and should be kept to a rarity (looking at tna here since hardcore for WWE was exemplified by their last ppv, Nuff said.)

ECW was my favorite brand of the 3 . It had fresh stars and established veterans, and usually some damn good wrestling. Christian v Swagger, Christian v Shelton, Regal v ANYONE.

That pretty much sums it up. It was the only WWE show that had consistant quality matches.

I really miss the original ECW, RVD had the best entrance theme ever. The girls and managers were over the top. great matches from people I didn't know existed. good f'n times

Well I liked ECW unitl toward the end basically because of the roster with Ryder, Kozlov, Jackson, Regal, Benjamin, Goldust, Yoshi, Dreamer, The dudebusters, Tyler Reks, Vance Archer, and Christian. To me that was the worst roster since they had the WWECW. But it was a good concept to have younger stars and veterans that kind of wasn't doing anything. Because the WWECW had rising stars that are now LIKE maineventers and up and coming such as JOMO, CM Punk, The Miz, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston and Sheamus.

I don't really miss WWECW. The first episode of NXT i thought was great and ive been watching NXT every week. The last episode of ECW i think totally bombed and was utterly disapointing for their last episode. You had 2 crappy matches, an unnessary segment, and advertising NXT, nothing special came out of it. NXT is okay. It's an intresting concept and im not sure what to add on to this. xP

If you say you miss it, that means you actually enjoyed it when it was on the air. So if you do miss it (if you don't think NXT sucks) and was one of the many people who complained about it, congratulations on not enjoying something you thought you hated and realized it wasn't bad after all. Same will happen when Triple H retires.

My personal opinion, I don't miss it or hate it. ECW has been the same to me as it always had since I was never old enough to see the "real" ECW. I never really watched ECW, so I just can't say I miss it. Plus, NXT is actually a fresh and new idea for the WWE and even though I don't watch it, I've been getting the sense it isn't really that bad.

In the beginning ECW was great. The Orginals vs the New Breed, there was blood almost once per episode, and I actually believed the title was up there with the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships. I also liked how it was used to bring in new guys that are big today like Sheamus, CM Punk, Jack Swagger. But I completely agree that in the end it was horrid. I miss the beginning of the series not the end but if they were to come out with a Best of the New ECW DVD, I would probably have to buy it.

...I was expecting this thread to be on the REAL ECW...

It was good to begin with, they stuck with the REAL ECW mindset and had a good amount of violence, especially with Big Show stampeding through it (remember his fall onto the steps?) But it became the graveyard of WWE. Wrestlers people really didn't care much for and new talent that went no where. Vince didn't give a shit about the WWECW title after a while, no one really did. There were some good matches, but the Abraham Washington show took up WAY too much of the hour long show. Not to mention the unreal amount of commercial time. If they gave it 2 hours like the other shows it may have been better, but one hour with commercials isn't worth it. I never remembered it was on to be honest. 11 or 12 would roll around and I'd think ''shit, I missed WWECW....fuck it''

This doesn't really belong, but since this thread is TECHNICALLY about ECW, does any one have ANY idea where Sabu has been? I expected him in TNA a long time ago

I do miss WWECW from the 2007 draft when John Morrison and Punk took over the brand until the end with Christian and Ezekiel Jackson. Everything before the 2007 draft on WWECW was just terrible, once the show moved onto giving young guys a place to shine and veterans who had never done anything a taste of gold. I mean Miz and Morrison vs Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore, I hated Miz, JWY and Moore but on WWECW they were just allowed to go out and give it their all which made WWECW a great product as it was mostly focused on the wrestling aspect (While 07-08 Raw/SD were terribly focused on Promos).

WWECW was greater then Raw and SD from the 2007 draft until the 2009 draft. SD with Punk, JHardy, Morrison, Jericho, Rey etc during the summer of 09 did beat WWECW and continued to until its death but the 2009 - 2010 WWECW lost pretty much everyone (Miz, Morrison, Swagger, Bourne, Henry, Finlay etc) in the 2009 draft and the roster suffered quite allot. Christian managed to hold the brand together for the rest of the year. I did prefer WWECW over NXT, NXT bores me to hell.

People who hate on Abraham Washington, he was a heel you were meant to hate him. lol

I do miss WWECW 'cause it was a good hour of wrestling that never really interacted with the other two brands. I liked it better than Raw which insists on becoming part of mainstream pop-culture and always having a multi-Diva tag match. As for Smackdown, it's been getting a bit boring and having stopped watching it for a few weeks I realized I'm not missing a lot -- and I don't have to sit through watching Layla fuck up every time.

I lost faith in taking WWECW seriously when Tiffany said in the beginning of one show that the point of it was to bring up people from development (or something along those lines). Yeah, good job at keeping it kayfabe, Tiff. But I later forgot about that as time went on and I enjoyed the show when Christian was the face of WWECW in the end.

I do actually miss 'WWECW'. It had kinda like a down home charm to it,it wasn't big time like raw and smackdown,it was kinda like the little brother of the other two shows.and I miss tiffany as GM :D

l had thought ecw was a very good show at first, but then the roster started to get smaller and they didnt have quality matches, for a while, the only reason i watched ecw was tommy dreamer. but then they decide zak ryder should end his career( which was a bad move, they shouldve had him have a spectacular last match) then i just stopped watching

Well I sure as hell do not miss the WWE's version of ECW. I do miss old ECW and have since the late 90's when it disappeared. I miss Sandman beating down people with a cane and smashing beer cans on his head. I miss guys ripping eachothers heads open with cheese graters. The wrestling world is too damn scared to be extreme anymore. I went to a CZW live show, and it was awesome, a total bloodbath. Guys were slicing eachothers heads open with scissors, they were busting flourescent lights over eachothers heads, some guy had a huge cut on his arm with meat hanging out of it. I even saw one guy fall out of the rafters in the ceiling, get caught up in ring ropes and fall to the floor. I thought he was dead at first, but he made it out with just a few broken bones. NOW THAT WAS EXTREME!!!!

I don't think it was that we hated AWash himself as much as we hated having to watch some one who DIDN'T WRESTLE take up 10-20 minutes of the show talking to people and starting fights he never finished. If he at least got in the ring, it would have been SLIGHTLY more tolerable. It was just horrible having to watch him talk and never do any thing else

Yep... I miss the OLD E-C-Dub
WWE killed the name ECW with that crap that they put on, and now they have this stupid ass show that I was only able to watch 20 minutes of the first episode and that was it because it was so freaking horrible.

NXT completely sucks, WWE should have renamed ECW back to Velocity or something.

WWE needs to get rid of this show, get out of this PG era and start making it more like the Attitude days, and for me personally bring back Sunday Night Heat(I always liked watching the young guys wrestle on sundays, but still kept with that Attitude era on the show)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back