• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does TNA Miss Christian Cage?

No, they should not be missing Christian at all. Sure the man was a main eventer in TNA and put on some damn fine matches but TNA is doing just fine without him. Besides, Kurt Angle has been better then Christian in just about all areas besides maybe promos since his debut.

Christian was great for TNA and sure I would have liked to see him stay longer but TNA is doing just fine without him. Angle is a top performer and Styles has finally been given the perverbial ball once again and is running with it. Also, with the additions of the Pope and Desmond Wolfe TNA has no reason to miss Christian. Like I said, he was a a great talent but management didn't really have any faith in him, for what reason I will never know, and they only gave him the belt when they were trying to build someone else up such as Samoa Joe.

Since Christian has left TNA has added Wolfe, Dinero, Amazing Red, and others, not to mention the fact that their ratings are up. So, is TNA missing Christian? Possible, but should they be missing him? No. They are doing just fine without him and are actually doing better.

Right, i have to get this off my chest because some of the stuff i've read here is damn ridiculous.

What some of you really need to understand is whether you like it or not, WWE is still lightyears in front of TNA...especially in terms of money. Put yourself in the following situation.

You're 36 years old, You wrestle for TNA. You have a wife and possibly one day a family. You're contract is coming up and the WWE come knocking, they're offering you probably double what you were earning in TNA to be on "their D show" What would you seriously do? Stay with TNA just to be a top dog in a much much smaller promotion, or earn double what you're earning, still be a champion for the "D show".

Problem is everyone assumes wrestlers are just interested in how they are used. You have to realise it's not always about that. Most important thing of all is at the end of the day...ITS A JOB. He's had his fun in TNA, hes been a top player, but why would he want to go back unless they promise him ME level status and more pay than WWE are offering...which they just cannot do.

He's 36 years old now, his ego has no doubtably settled. His job is to perform and entertain. Not be unhappy because he isnt Main Eventing. Do you think he actually believed he would come back to WWE and walk straight onto RAW and be a big time player? If anyone thought that then you're just a ******.

All this tripe about you "think" he misses TNA, how the hell do you know what he misses. Who wouldnt want a lighter schedual. If i could work 6 days per month and get paid say 20k for that month or work 20 days for 50k, i know what id prefer to do.

Yes IMO he does deserve more than ECW, IMO he could be a Huge star in WWE. But no one seems to understand what a wrestler job is, it's the same as every other job, You do as your employer asks of you, nothing more, nothing less. WWE asks Christian to be on ECW, be the star of that show, and help that brand. And i have no doubt in my mind that he loves it, hes entertaining the crowd on a worldwide stage, why wouldnt be happy?

So many wrestlers have desvered better, Jamie Noble, Al Snow, Taz etc etc. But they stuck with WWF/E throughout their tenure because they were old enough to know that it's a job and it pays much better than anything else out there. Taz especially. He could of stayed in a fairly big promotion or gone to WWE to make much more money...which did he choose? WWE, and did he make the right choice for himself and his family...yes he did.

In conclusion, no i don't think he misses TNA, hes earning much more money, is back with friends, and is the star of one of its shows. Whereas back on TNA he'd be earning half, would only have Rhino and don't kid yout'self, he wouldnt be a huge star there. Especially not now with the 40+ age required to work there now.

Okay, let me break it down to you. The 1st time Christian left WWE for TNA, in 2005, don't you think WWE was offering him more money to stay instead of jumping ship? It's one thing you need to understand and it's this, Christian came to TNA for the opportunity to prove that he's main event and can be world champion material. That is what Christian wants to be. Christian's main motivation in coming back to the E was to become world champion of the company. He's not there to be an enhancement talent guy for a C show. No! It's not about money. If it was about the money, he would have never went to TNA in the first place, so think about that.

And to answer the question, yes, he's missing TNA right now. He's doing 2x the work for probably the same amount of money he was making in TNA but 2x. He doesn't get to be with his family as often. And bad enough, he's wrestling on a show that draws a .9. :lol:

I think TNA does miss Christian a bit even though they are doing rather well at the moment. Christian would have made the Main Event Mafia VS Frontline storyline even better if had still been around for more than just the very beginning of it. He most likely would have been in Rhino or AJ's spot as one of the Frontline's leaders. Could he have remained a tweener the whole time being a double agent of sorts, or possibly even turn heel and join the Main Event Mafia? I guess we'll never know will we? Christian should hopefully get moved off ECW soon and get involved in the world title scene. I think TNA would have pushed him for another world title run if he had stuck around and it probably would have happened by now. TNA has a lot of new people now and the changes coming off from the addition of Hogan, so they are doing well now although they probably miss Christian because he was one of the top guys in TNA when he was there and still would be if he had never left.

I don't think they do. Christian was great while he was there, and brought the entire product up a notch, but there was nothing left for him, at the time when he left. He had held the title multiple times, main evented more pay-per-views than anyone else during his tenure, and put over a ton of stars.

I don't think he misses TNA either. He's had a good run in WWE, holding the belt longer than anyone since the brand split, and helping build ECW into a legitimate show.

I definitely would. Christian is an asset for any wrestling company to have, he has a solid fanbase everywhere he's gone, he's a multiple time World Champion, and he's a phenomenal worker and promo-cutter. He's the perfect package, why wouldn't TNA miss them? Cage really helped them out when he came around, I mean he was the Golden Boy of TNA for a year plus span or so. How could they not miss him? I'm sure the WWE misses Kurt Angle.

I don't know if they miss him, but I'm sure they would like to have him back. Christian is not good on the mic, he is excellent on the mic. He's a decent wrestler, but his matches consistently are above what you would expect from him. I don't think it's hurting TNA, and I don't think he's helping WWE. He certainly would be more interesting in TNA though and would provide another name. It seems to me though that WWE just signed him simply so TNA could not.

As for him going to WWE. I'm going to guess that he signed a 2-3 year contract. He's probably making at least double what he'd be making in TNA. As much as it now means nothing, he's been ECW champ forever, so at least he has a title...even if it's a useless title on a show that I always forget exists. But it was probably his best option. He's making more money in front of more fans (probably for a short amount of time) and when he's done he will certainly be welcome back at TNA where he'll be a top or at least featured player making a decent amount. They would also probably make a big deal about his return.

To the original poster mentioning that him leaving might be a "work" -- we live in the real world, not the wrestling world. People like to throw about these ridiculous worked ideas but the fact of the matter is that if you did that you would be sued into oblivion. It's basically corporate sabotage.

Christian isn't missed personally, but he was still an asset to the company. He is one of those guys who you can buy at any level in the company andas a result, there was a certain missing element to the roster. However, the return of Daniels has basically replaced him. I'd want him on the roster, but I don't think that not having him has afected them particularly detrimentally.

Reactions: NSL
I agree with Estreet the only reason I even started to watch TNA was because christian was going there and he was easliy going to main event there based on how great a worker he is and the level of talent TNA had then. While TNA probably won't admit it they dropped the ball in letting him go and miss him just imagine, the possiblities with angle vs cage, or against the pope, desmond wolf Mr. Anderson. There was great potential with the direction that tna was heading especially now and the level of talent of Christian. Tna defentily missies Christian cage.

I'm sure TNA misses Christian. Dixie Carter even noted that she didn't want Christian to leave. Christian proved himself to be a great asset to the company. He did an excellent job at putting over young talent in the company (ie ladder match with Kaz) and established himself as a credible maineventer. He was also the reason I started watching TNA to begin with. However, him leaving hasn't really affected TNA. The company seems to be doing fine without him.

When is TNA gonna realise they may have lost one of the best talents on the planet! This is one thing that WWE have over TNA! All it takes is for Mr Mcmahon to use him properly and TNA have lost a few fans! Christian was VERY respected by TNA, TNA have lost an AMAZING wrestler, as well as an all round employee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back