Does anyone else think Dean Ambrose is overrated??

Personally I like Rollins' finisher. I like finishers that can occur out of nowhere and I dislike those that require illogical builds (as much as I liked Shawn Michaels, what logic is there in letting your opponent know Sweet Chin Music is coming by stomping the mat? It damages the suspension of belief required to enjoy professional wrestling).

You did remind me of one thing Ambrose, in my opinion, needs to improve: the double-arm DDT is NOT an adequate finisher. 15 years ago it was a set-up move for Mick Foley, why would it be a finisher now? Ambrose would be better suited using it as such, and having a better finisher come after it.

I agree with you 100% on the ambrose comment. Ambrose does need a better finisher. He should use the crossface chickenwing or the stf. Or the midnight special (over the shoulder back to belly piledriver) as a finisher.

Rollins needs to use Gods gift or the 450 splash as finisher.
I hate his finisher.

I don't think he's overrated but like Reigns I don't think Ambrose is ready to be a main event guy either. His mannerisms comes off artificial to me where as it used to be natural a few years back. He has to tone it down a bit.

I kind of think WWE needs to play into Ambrose strengths make him unpredictable do things that pushes the envelope because really that's how you build up someone with Ambrose character.

I don't know in what sense it can be described as overrated. For me Ziggler is one of the best wrestlers going today and I feel he should win the Rumble and win the WWEWHC off of Lesnar. Others may agree with me, others would look at that and think I'm overrating him.

The same goes for Ambrose I guess. In a way he could win the Rumble and headline 'Mania, but then again others may think he is unworthy. In my opinion based on his feud with Wyatt I don't think he's ready to hold a top position in the company yet as it hasn't lived up to it's potential, and so for 2015 I don't think he'll go near the World Title. Saying that however, if you asked me just before Hell In A Cell I'd of said he would 100% be challenging. So maybe not overrated, just disappointing in recent performances, making people like myself question his full potential.

I agree with pkrebel this is what I've been trying to tell people for months. Ambrose has struggled since breaking up wit the Shield. I wouldn't say it all his fault but he has zero depth to his character. He's just a crazy guy and nothing else. They need to add some more substance they had something going there with his daddy issues I guess. Other than that ZERO NOTHING. His ring work is slightly better than average. I just don't get the big fuss about him that's all. I do understand he was huge in the indys so he has a lot of online marks. So far I think Rollins is the most talented of the shield and Reigns will obviously get the biggest push. Bray Wyatt is without question a more overall talented performer than Dean Ambrose.

Yes, but so is everyone else...ever. From Hogan to the Rock to Stone Cold to John Cena, if you buy too much into the hype, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. I had this issue with Daniel Bryan at first, but once I got over it, I began to just like him based on what I thought of him and not based on how everyone else overrated him.

I think Ziggler is the most overrated though. Good in the ring, but weak psychology and bland promo abilities.

Dean cuts some decent promos, some of them are just cringeworthy though. Probably the best was "What? It's for charity." I love that one.

What I really like about him is his flair on certain small spot moves, his pendulum into the ropes and returns with a clothesline, the way he mounts the turnbuckle. He has a style and in this day and age it's rare to see. I think he could lose the flailing punches that aren't even close to landing, and he could use a little polish on some of his bigger spots. Dirty Deeds is okay as a finisher, but I long for the days when a finisher was ACTUALLY A FINISHER, and not something that your opponent would kick out of half a dozen times.

It's rare I'll find a brawler entertaining, but I don't think I have ever gone to the loo or got a drink when Ambrose has been on, that's usually reserved for Alicia Fox vs Emma or some equally inane Diva's match...or Adam Rose, oh how I hate him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back