• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do You Want to See the Hardy Boyz in TNA's Tag Team Division?

I wouldn't mind seeing them team up on occasions, but not as a full time team. I feel they are both to important to the company (Jeff mainly) to be wasted in the tag division on a consistent basis.

I would however love to see them team together occasionally, maybe once every few weeks. It would add a bit more depth to a tag division that currently has only four serious teams and one bad comedy team. It would also help put teams over and make them look legit, if someone like Gen Me beat the Hardys, the vastly experianced former six time WWE tag champions who have gone on to do great things as singles stars, it would boost their credibility a lot.

Finally it would create a lot of great matches, matches like MGMG vs The Hardys, Gen Me vs The Hardys and Beer Money vs The Hardys would all be amazing to see.

So no I don't want to see the Hardys used as a full time team whose sole objective is to win the tag titles, they are too important as singles stars for that, but as an occasional team used to bolster the division and put people over, I would be fine with that.

You want to totally expose the age, rust, fatness, and overall deterioration of the Hardyz? Throw them out there with the likes of any of TNA's top three teams. At least Team 3D never relied too much on speed so that they could still look decent as they got older. You'd be disgusted by how out of it Matt and Jeff would look if they tried to go against those guys.

I agree. I was a huge Hardyz mark back in the day but as good as they still are in the ring, tag team wrestling has moved on and they would look totally out of place against teams such as GenMe and MCMG, who are much faster, creative, exciting and high-flying, who would show up the Hardyz.

Plus, Jeff and Matt are two of the bigger names TNA have, so I doubt they would drop back into the tag team division any time soon. I know they immediately teamed up on Impact this week, but that is just part of the storyline, they wont be a full time tag team again for a while, at least not while either are in the title frame.

I do not want to see The Hardy Boyz as a tag team in TNA. From a storyline point of view it does not make sense. Jeff Hardy is the main event wrestler of Immortal who is chasing the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Matt will probably chase the TV title once AJ has been kicked out of Immortal. Beer Money are the tag team in the group and its them who are going to chase the tag titles. So do you think the Hardyz are going to go up against Beer Money?

Also I feel that they would be outclassed in the ring. Yes they were a revolutionary team but tag team wrestling has been revolutionized once again by the likes of Gen Me, Beer Money and the MCMG's.

The second one is a minor point though. The major point is that it would make zero sense from a storyline point of view.

no because TNA has one of the best tag divisions right now and with Beer Money as champs and the Immortal-Fotrune would fall apart with the Hardys in Immortal and Beer Money in Fortune

I think that Rasha & Zion pretty much summed up how I feel about the prospect.

If this were 2005, I think it could be something pretty close to epic. In 2005, both the Hardys were still fit and in their physical prime. Matt was still overrated but he'd be there along for the ride with Jeff just like he's always been when it comes to teaming with him. However, it's 2011 and both Hardys are both shadows of the men they used to be. Jeff is a bloated, drug addled soon to be convicted felon that has lost several steps in the ring. Matt is an out of shape 35 year old man with dillusions of grandeur that's slower and more plodding, possibly, than he's ever been. If you want to see just how far these two have fallen from where they were 5 years ago, by all means, put them in a match against the MCMGs and it'll become plainly obvious in about 5 minutes.

As Zion said, I agree that this sounds like something with nostalgia written all over it. People want to see the Hardy Boyz get back together out of rememberance for how they used to be, what they've done in the past rather than what they're currently capable of.

No. Not all. I have no desire to see a Hardy Boyz reunion, but you just know TNA is going to do this sooner or later. If it were four of five years ago, then I would have no problem seeing a Hardy Boyz reunion, but I do think all of the luster for a Hardy Boyz reunion is gone. I remember Jeff and Matt teaming up a while back in WWE a couple of years ago. Jeff was on his way out, and he was the World Heavyweight Champion, but this was a one time only thing that night. If a Hardy Boyz reunion is to take place, then I would only want to see it ONE time. I wouldn't care to see Jeff and Matt have a nostalgia fueled run, which will inevitably put Tag Team Championship gold around their waist towards the end. Jeff and Matt did all that they can do as a tag team, and I would only be interested in seeing a reunion one time.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Hardys reunite in the future but not right now. If TNA were smart, they would wait until Immortal's done. I think if they were to reunite them as a full-on tag team right now, Matt Hardy would look like a complete idiot after stating so many times that this would be his year.

Not really. I wouldn't freak out if it happened for a little while as it would certainly give a team a notch on their belts to beat the Hardys, but as a regular thing, no. Both guys have moved on and it doesn't fit them anymore. I wouldn't mind if they teamed together as something like the Brothers of Destruction do or Sting and Luger used to do, but as far as a regular team competing for the titles, no. Jeff is arguably their biggest star and throwing him in a tag team would not be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back