Do you want to see Brock Lesnar renew his contract?

Do you want Lesnar to stay?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
aa5a942c69f2485a9413bb650a0a4bdb.jpg

This will become a hot subject leading up to Wrestlemania 34, just like it was a hot subject during the build-up to Wrestlemania 31. Back then, Lesnar signed a 3-year deal and said that "he was born to be a sports entertainer" or something like that. If you do the math, Lesnar's contract expires the day after Wrestlemania 34.

So here's the question. Now we can't know if Lesnar will renew his contract, but as fans, do you want Lesnar to stay or leave?

My opinion is this: I think he should stay. Whether I like the work Brock is delivering in the ring, you can't argue about his drawing ability and what his name brings to the table. We also smacked the WWE for wanting to keep Lesnar as the champion for one-whole year, but the fact is, all of his opponents came out of their feuds with Lesnar looking better.

Joe looked like a million bucks. Strowman, even though he failed 3 times to win the championship, he got exposure, he became popular and Braun himself has managed to capitalize on that and keep the momentum going. Also, Brock Lesnar literally put AJ Styles over at Survivor Series, with his selling and the way the match was structured.

I believe that Brock still has more to offer, if you book his angles correctly. He can definately stick around for two more years and give us a proper angle with Kevin Owens, a match with Shinsuke Nakamura, a proper match with Seth Rollins, maybe have Braun beat him clean at one point, maybe have him exchange victories with Roman like Batista and Undertaker did in 2007. He could also have an awesome rematch with AJ Styles or Samoa Joe. Hell, they could even have him and Ronda team up at a PPV or a long shot, set up a program between him and the Authors of Pain. There are also the possibilities of Lesnar vs Batista and Lesnar vs Lashley.

So, my answer is yes, I want him to stick around for a little longer. The cool thing is that it will feel fresh and unpredictable, because all of these years, ever since WM 30, WWE has been feeding up Lesnar in order to have him lose to Roman Reigns at a Wrestlemania. So Lesnar being set free from this obligation, could give his character a new, unpredictable direction. WWE always had a long term plan for Brock Lesnar. The first plan was to somehow get him and The Undertaker in the same ring at Wrestlemania. After that was finished, the plan was to have Roman beat Lesnar at some point at Wrestlemania. So now that this will happen, they could set up a whole new plan for him.

PS: He should definately regrow that beard. It would fit nicely into his redemption angle after his possible WM 34 loss to Reigns.

Man Lesnar in that beard look even more badass..
Of course he should renew his contract with WWE as there is a lot more left for him to do in the squared circle..
After Roman there is a lot of fights for him to do ..
with Lashley returning Lesnar vs Lashley will is one huge fight and will draw instantly..
Then there is Batista who may return for one last run..Lesnar vs Batista is another instant sellout..
Then we have The Rock vs Lesnar..Two big names this might be the biggest draw yet..
And a returning CM Punk could fight Lesnar one more time...
And there is a lot of young talents that Lesnar can put over..So I want him to resign..But I want him to show up more frequently..

Yes, I want Brock to sign another contract. The WWE is starved for genuine starpower, and Brock brings that in spades.

No

Only because he's never around. I don't care how many "dream" matches may be left for him they won't mean shit if he's never there to help move the storyline forward.

He can say he was born to be a sports entertainer all he wants but his actions tell a different story and it's a story i don't care to read anymore.

Not of his current type, and I don't think that he will consider a less favourable one where he either isn't champion or has a full time schedule.

It really has run its course now, WWE would be far better pursuing Connor for that kind of deal than keeping Lesnar on the hook as they have been. The WWE Universal Title is a failiure in my eyes, the experiment of Brock never defending it has damaged it to the point where they MIGHT need to kickstart it with the IC champion beating him.

Not to say Brock hasn't given value all round, but as a champion it just doesn't work to pay all that money and have him dictate when there are hungry talents who will do the Cena schedule.

Put it this way, he re-signs, you will see a lot of talents leave... guys like Wyatt, Maybe even Ambrose and Owens will walk as it's clear they really don't have a proper shot.

IF he is willing to amend his deal and seriously start putting some younger talent over, then sure, keep him around... but the Beast days are over...leave or stay.

No.
Wwe has failed to utilize Lesnar's star power, and now the hype is gone.

Lesnar doesn't even move ratings any more. Last show he was on, (not counting the Raw 25 special) did worse in terms of viewership than the previous episode. Not by a huge amount, but enough to realize that Lesnar's drawing power has long faded away.

Lesnar adds nothing to the show, and him being the main champion has hurt everyone. Guys like Balor and Rollins who are main eventers have nothing to do. While someone like the Miz, who should be moved up due to his excellent work ethics as of late, is stuck in the same position because there's no where else to go.

I like him as "special attraction". Especially with Heyman to build him up with his rants. It gives something special. For example

[youtube]sa3hp7OMiNs[/youtube]

He automatically took something boring as Lesnar vs Mahal and made it in something you just want to see. You just wanted to see Lesnar kicking Mahal ass. I mean, sure, that is Heyman but you cant just do that with everyone. Lesnar is believable, Lesnar is the guy who takes no shit from anyone to the point of taking accidental knee and immediately almost KOs the guy. You just cant buy that kind of believability with anyone on the roster. And WWE and Vince knows that.

Now we can discuss his lack of defending as Champion and how fans are unhappy with that as well as his "set in stone" Wrestlemania match that takes away any kind of excitement because you know who is going over and some guys who maybe could prosper with Championship push in meantime couldnt make that. But give me Lesnar as bad ass who comes every few months and fights Reigns, Braun, AJ, Nakamura and others and I could support that as really good usage of him.

I voted yay, and upon doing so the poll for this thread stands at 8-7. If that changes while I craft this post, it shows you how divided most longtime fans are on the issue of Brock Lesnar. I agree with THTRobTaylor, Lesnar being champion and having quarterly title defenses has run it's course. I'd like him to re-sign, but stay away from carrying a championship. In my opinion, he has done damage to the universal title and Monday Night RAW as a whole by being champion so much. In 2018, when you tune into a 3-hour wrestling show knowing the main prize is not going to be seen and rarely going to be mentioned, it harms the anything can happen feel of the broadcast.

Lesnar's value in WWE exists because he puts butts in seats, his best use would be as a human cyborg (Taker without the gimmick basically) who participates in big matches. His star power is still strong whether I or anyone else likes it or not. It is my opinion that the beast's time in WWE has run it's course, but he is too old and too unpolished to get back to the top of UFC. World Wrestling Entertainment is Brock Lesnar's best option to do his favorite thing - get paid a lot of money for not doing very much.

I respect the man for his ability, but he won the genetic lottery and I find his attitude annoying. Still, I am objective enough to admit his star power is needed in WWE, but I would prefer he not be champion again on either brand when his current reign is over.

I hope he stays and hope he remains champion. With Owens having the belt, it felt like a second tier title. I like when Lesnar shows up on his own accord because usually that means business is about to be picked up. Too many title defenses can lead to hot shotting the title. When Lesnar shows up it feels important and I think he adds value to the Universal Title. I hope he stays as he is a big draw and I've enjoyed his dominating run.

I'm kind of in two minds, I would say he's not as valuable as he was from his first contract as he had so many dream matches left but he's faced almost all the main eventers now but on the other hand I do go out of my way to watch his matches which I don't say for anyone else on the current roster so overall I would hope he does stay on.

I voted "nay". Was never a fan of Lesnar holding the title hostage and not defending it, it took the surprise element out of it in every defense even when he did decide to show up and fight. I know that it was a booking decision made by Vince, but it was a failure in my eyes.

This is the same Vince McMahon who said on the Austin podcast, and I paraphrase, that not many reach for the brass ring anymore. Well it's kind of ludicrous to reach for something that isn't there. It's been obvious to all fans that Lesnar is just holding the strap until he meets Reigns in New Orleans. It has been for me anyway, a total waste of a year. That would piss off many who are waiting for a title shot that they know won't come.

Ever since coming back Lesnar has been treated like a special attraction and that's okay, but don't give the special attraction the top prize in the company and have him piss off with it. If Lesnar does stay, then keep him away from the title, use him to put other wrestlers over. Even though considering no one but Goldberg and Reigns will have been able to beat him, don't know if I can suspend my belief that much. Somehow I get the feeling that Lesnar will only resign if he can stay champ and that's a lose, lose for us, again.

Just hoping the don't put the title on Rousey and let her do the same thing. Somehow though I think she will be more invested in the company and product than Lesnar ever was. It was nothing more than huge payday for him. Fine if you can get it I guess.

I voted "nay". Was never a fan of Lesnar holding the title hostage and not defending it, it took the surprise element out of it in every defense even when he did decide to show up and fight. I know that it was a booking decision made by Vince, but it was a failure in my eyes.

This is the same Vince McMahon who said on the Austin podcast, and I paraphrase, that not many reach for the brass ring anymore. Well it's kind of ludicrous to reach for something that isn't there. It's been obvious to all fans that Lesnar is just holding the strap until he meets Reigns in New Orleans. It has been for me anyway, a total waste of a year. That would piss off many who are waiting for a title shot that they know won't come.

Ever since coming back Lesnar has been treated like a special attraction and that's okay, but don't give the special attraction the top prize in the company and have him piss off with it. If Lesnar does stay, then keep him away from the title, use him to put other wrestlers over. Even though considering no one but Goldberg and Reigns will have been able to beat him, don't know if I can suspend my belief that much. Somehow I get the feeling that Lesnar will only resign if he can stay champ and that's a lose, lose for us, again.

Just hoping the don't put the title on Rousey and let her do the same thing. Somehow though I think she will be more invested in the company and product than Lesnar ever was. It was nothing more than huge payday for him. Fine if you can get it I guess.

He can stay and not be the champion though, can't he?

I'd like to see another two years out of Lesnar. I mean who didn't have goosebumps at Summerslam when Strowman went apeshit on him and thrashed him through announce tables? That's a special kind of Star attraction he brings to the product. He definitely doesn't need the Universal Championship to be a special attraction. He has Paul Heyman to hype up any PPV he's in. I'd even like to see the guy actually main event a Raw once in awhile to draw in viewers, like a special challenge match you wouldn't normally get to see and wouldn't quite be PPV worthy for the big wigs. Like Cesaro vs Brock for example. Put the guy in a fucking top star tag team match for a change, they never have big time important tag team matches anymore. The guy thrives in triple threats and fatal four ways so a big tag team contest is a no brainer.

Anyway, WWE has a lot of stars, but none are quite the same kind as Brock Lesner, it's undeniable.

I voted "Nay". Let us be very real here. All Lesnar gives a damn about is the Do-re-mi. He will do whatever to get the most bang for his buck doing as little as possible. Right now, WWE NEEDS to build stars. A bunch of them are on the wrong side of 35. Some are 40 and older (Sheamus, for example, just turned 40). Lesnar is not someone who is willing to get someone over at his own expense. They could better spend those millions they will throw at Lesnar to get three or four Indy stars who would be a much better fit for WWE long term.

Lesnar just is not worth it anymore. Just let him walk, and plan for the future.

It's definitely a "No" for me. Raw has been mostly awful for the past year and a big reason for that for me has been Lesnar holding the Universal Championship hostage, rarely defending the thing. Guys like Seth or Finn who would have greatly benefited from title shots and even winning the belt at some point have been stuck all year due to the Brock VS Roman match that just HAS to happen at Wrestlemania 34. The sooner we get to that match and Vince ignores it yet again that the fans still hate Roman Reigns, the sooner we can all move on with our lives. It's not worth it. If Brock renews the contract but never holds the belt again, I'd be fine with it. I like him as a main event level monster heel. I just don't think he needs the title if he's not going to defend it as often as every other champion does. I'd rather have a full-time Universal Champion. Even if it's Roman Reigns. I would prefer if he doesn't renew the contract because, if anything, it would mean we won't be stuck with this nonsense of not having a world title on the red brand for months on end again.

Now we can discuss his lack of defending as Champion and how fans are unhappy with that as well as his "set in stone" Wrestlemania match that takes away any kind of excitement because you know who is going over and some guys who maybe could prosper with Championship push in meantime couldnt make that. But give me Lesnar as bad ass who comes every few months and fights Reigns, Braun, AJ, Nakamura and others and I could support that as really good usage of him.

Yeah, I'd say that pretty much sums up how I feel.

Lesnar as WWE Champion several years back sucked in a lot of ways because he wasn't having the sort of matches we've seen him have over the course of the last 6 months or so. As WWE Champion, he was running through guys as if they were nothing and it made for some lackluster TV as it just got old seeing him portrayed as someone that you had to be an Attitude Era guy to be able to challenge.

As Universal Champion, Lesnar's had some genuinely great matches due to the opponents he's had and the fact that the matches are competitive. It hasn't just been a couple minute trip to Suplex City each time, which was mostly what it was during his WWE Championship run. Knowing that Lesnar is almost certainly going to retain every single time, however, does sap some of the excitement from things. Also, let's face it, Lesnar can also be lazy as all get out and that can make for some lousy viewing if he's not in there with someone who can help pick up the slack.

Part of me wants him to stay because of how well, overall, he's been used over the last 6 months and part of me wants him gone because I'm tired of the preferential treatment and the stagnation of Lesnar himself. What I mean is if he renews his deal, I'm just over seeing him tear through guys and it's time to use Lesnar's name to put over someone else. That's not to say that Braun Strowman, for instance, hasn't gotten a rub from working with Lesnar, because he has, but there are younger, fresher faces on the roster than Lesnar that a lot of fans want to see elevated rather than seeing them used to elevate Lesnar. If he stays and it's generally more of the same, then I'd simply rather he be gone and maybe Vince will finally get over this near obsessive man-crush he's had on Lesnar for the last 15+ years.

Nay, he should leave. Not because i don't like him. The product in general just keeps getting worse as time flies and superstars are barely utilized the right way. It's painful to watch him make an appearance, do something that gets the crowd going with the adrenaline rush, only to be disappointed with boredom right after. His 1st run in the WWE back in 2002-2004 was totally awesome. Comparing it to 2012-2018 it's been terrible and nowhere near as good as the ruthless aggression era. I'm genuinely excited to see him compete in the UFC at this point. I know that the money is bigger in WWE for Brock but as a huge fan of Brock i can't stand the sight of him in today's standards of "Entertainment" that is heavily endorsed by the man upstairs Vince.

Lesnar has been built to be unstoppable, which was a very foolish move on part of the WWE.

The WWE has given Lesnar's opponents an occasional advantage by implying that Brock has a weak abdomen or that he might be taken off guard due to his arrogance. Either way, Brock handily wins his matches against the toughest opponents the WWE can throw at him.

I honestly don't think Brock really wants to keep going. I think that Brock was more than willing to run with a program where he passes the torch to the WWE's next top guy, and then that plan went south when the WWE decided that their next top guy would be Roman Reigns.

It doesn't make much sense from a storytelling perspective for Brock to just hang up his boots and retire without making the next guy look good, but that seems to be where the WWE is at the moment. Creatively; the WWE is screwed due to the circumstances of Daniel Bryan retiring early, Roman Reigns being pushed at the wrong time, John Cena being put in Daniel Bryan's spot for an angle that never panned out, and Brock being more over than I think the WWE had anticipated.

Unless the WWE can somehow pull the wool over our eyes and work something out where Daniel , AJ, Shinsuke, or Finn are involved in a reboot of the angle where Brock mercilessly squashes one of them, then I think the only option is to let Brock ride into the sunset as the badass who conquered every one of his opponents.

Lesnar has been built to be unstoppable, which was a very foolish move on part of the WWE.

The WWE has given Lesnar's opponents an occasional advantage by implying that Brock has a weak abdomen or that he might be taken off guard due to his arrogance. Either way, Brock handily wins his matches against the toughest opponents the WWE can throw at him.

I honestly don't think Brock really wants to keep going. I think that Brock was more than willing to run with a program where he passes the torch to the WWE's next top guy, and then that plan went south when the WWE decided that their next top guy would be Roman Reigns.

It doesn't make much sense from a storytelling perspective for Brock to just hang up his boots and retire without making the next guy look good, but that seems to be where the WWE is at the moment. Creatively; the WWE is screwed due to the circumstances of Daniel Bryan retiring early, Roman Reigns being pushed at the wrong time, John Cena being put in Daniel Bryan's spot for an angle that never panned out, and Brock being more over than I think the WWE had anticipated.

Unless the WWE can somehow pull the wool over our eyes and work something out where Daniel , AJ, Shinsuke, or Finn are involved in a reboot of the angle where Brock mercilessly squashes one of them, then I think the only option is to let Brock ride into the sunset as the badass who conquered every one of his opponents.

The problem with that is that they can't decide if Lesnar is either a heel or a face. At one point he kills Randy Orton and Shane McMahon. A lot of heel heat. Then, all of that heat goes to waste after he's squashed by Goldberg. Then they make him an underdog, which makes him a face again. Then he stays a face and wrestles heels like Braun and Joe. Heyman cuts face promos for AJ Styles. Now all of a sudden, he's a heel again. He will never have heel heat.

If they really wanted heel heat, Paul would fire back at the crowd for them talking at the same time he does. Lesnar would say "No Suplex City bitch" or something like that. But they clearly just view Lesnar as an attraction that just whatever the f he wants when he wants. Which is a recipe for disaster, since he's supposed to be the one that turns Roman into that big babyface, plus he ended the streak, broke HBK and HHH's arms and killed Cena and Orton...

Roman will beat him at Wrestlemania desicively and then Lesnar's gone. Best I can see right now is him signing a pay-per-appearence agreement. Meaning that they call him, he shows up, wrestles, gets paid and leaves, without any contract. Something like a contract-per-match thing. That's the best thing I see them doing right now with Brock.

No. I'd like him gone if his schedule is going to remain the same.

I'd only be a fan of him staying if he works full-time - which I don't think will happen.

I personally don't want him to renew his contract because he's already done everything you possibly can do in today's WWE scene.

-Squashed Cena
-Knocked out Orton
-Ended Undertaker's streak
-Beat Strowman easily in 10 minutes

I'd say at this point just let the guy walk and enjoy his money. Of course if the title stays off him after WM34 and he puts over guys a little bit more, I wouldn't mind him sticking around. The title being on him and him running through younger guys has got to stop though.

From his perspective, he would have to be a complete moron to decline the contract and easy life WWE is currently giving him: million a year to show up once every couple months for short matches.

If he went full time and put over the likes of Styles/Strowman/Rollins/Samoe Joe etc yeah. Otherwise, no.

He is booked far too dominant and it hurts the top WWE guys. I have no problem with him winning more than anyone else, but I think he could put over just once the guys mentioned above and similar, even if he beats them half a dozen times. Lets say he feuded with Seth Rollins, have Brock win 3 or 4 matches with Seth getting closer every time and then FINALLY, Seth beats him. That one victory would not hurt Brock but would elevate Seth to the next level instantly.

Given were we are now, I'd like him to stay, but in a role similar to Triple H's. Meaning that he can do whatever he wants to do, but when WWE calls him for a match, he shows up. Which means that he can have something like a pay-per-match thing and not an actual contract.

He can show up for Summerslam and Wrestlemania every year. WWE wanted to do this with The Rock back in 2003-2004-2005. The Rock was supposed to show up at every Wrestlemania every year and have one match, but WWE let his contract expired, for reasons I don't remember.

Brock can get a similiar deal. He can show up at Wrestlemania every year and maybe work a Summerslam here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back