Why Brock Lesnar Should Be Universal Champion Until Wrestlemania 34

His current booking which refers to losing to Samoa Joe, and Braun Strowman. In fact, out of everybody, Roman Reigns is the least likely to defeat Lesnar, given that he has not beaten Lesnar, he has not beaten Joe, and he has been barely able to survive against Strowman. So I don't know where you are getting this "predictable" Reigns vs Lesnar situation, but Reigns' booking is a clear indication of the opposite.
Except that I already admitted that I'm not talking about his current booking. The point was how a casual fan would see it. I'm no more a casual fan so I can't judge it properly. When I was a casual fan, I didn't enjoy it. It was totally clear and predictable and I didn't like it. So I don't know why you're talking about his current booking. I'm enjoying it after Wrestlemania. Because he hasn't looked invincible.

How are you so sure that general fans will enjoy this set up? Roman Reigns' booking easily signifies that he'll be the one to dethrone Brock Lesnar. That's without any involvement of dirt sheets. So will you have any interest in a match when you know that one side just won't stop winning?

I don't know about others but Brock's reign has been bad since he won the title. Disappearing for how many months while being the top champion? Two PPVs went without any appearance from him. It's already stinking.

Really? I know that he lost. But I would be playing into Nick's point if I actually was referring to current booking.

I'm not a casual fan anymore so I can't tell what it looks like to them now. But once I was. And the end of Wrestlemania 31 was enough for me to "believe that" Roman Reigns will actually defeat Brock Lesnar. He wasn't even pinned by Lesnar. Neither is Lesnar pinned by him. Before facing Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar squashed John Cena of all people. And an year earlier, ended The Undertaker's streak. And still couldn't defeat Roman Reigns. You think that I need to read dirt sheets for this?

But I'm still playing into Nick's point. :shrug:

Except that I already admitted that I'm not talking about his current booking. The point was how a casual fan would see it. I'm no more a casual fan so I can't judge it properly. When I was a casual fan, I didn't enjoy it. It was totally clear and predictable and I didn't like it. So I don't know why you're talking about his current booking. I'm enjoying it after Wrestlemania. Because he hasn't looked invincible.

Because you're all over the place. You talk about his booking as a sign to casuals that he is the one to dethrone Lesnar yet his current booking is not an indication of that which you admit but then go back to Wrestlemania 31 which happened 2 and a half years ago as evidence that Reigns will beat Lesnar.

Also you are making the mistake of assuming that your feelings are in line with casual fans when you have no data to back up your hypothesis. It's reddit syndrome.

Because you're all over the place. You talk about his booking as a sign to casuals that he is the one to dethrone Lesnar yet his current booking is not an indication of that which you admit but then go back to Wrestlemania 31 which happened 2 and a half years ago as evidence that Reigns will beat Lesnar.

Also you are making the mistake of assuming that your feelings are in line with casual fans when you have no data to back up your hypothesis. It's reddit syndrome.
You really didn't read all my posts?

I'll help you with summary. I asked that why should I be interested in seeing a bunch of title matches if I know the result? Nick said that it's your fault that you read dirt sheets and that's why you know. Fair point.

Then I said that when I was a casual fan, Roman Reigns' rise was predictable and boring to me. So, I can't say how a casual fan will feel now. But I can say what I'll feel. I never said that my feelings are with other casual fans? Who said it? Nick said that casuals will enjoy it. Not me. I don't know what Reddit Syndrome is.

And at the end, if I know that no one will beat Brock Lesnar, I won't care about it. Roman Reigns' current booking is very good and I'm happy about it. So it isn't predictable as of now. I want more Joe like feuds with Brock. Not squashes from him when I know that he can do a lot more.

Brock will drop the belt at Summerslam without being pinned or submitted, Joe will take the pin. I dont see them putting the belt on Braun, so maybe Reigns gets the win and Cena challenges after Summerslam when he comes up short to Mahal on Smackdown

Brock will drop the belt at Summerslam without being pinned or submitted, Joe will take the pin. I dont see them putting the belt on Braun, so maybe Reigns gets the win and Cena challenges after Summerslam when he comes up short to Mahal on Smackdown

Not topic related, but I don't think they will waste Reigns vs Cena at any PPV other than Wrestlemania.. It's a huge match-up. At least Summerslam.

Personally, I'd put the belt on Joe for neither Roman or Braun needs the belt. Brock can go to UFC if Cena is headed to RAW.

John Cena returning to Raw the night after Summerslam tells me Lesnar is dropping the belt at Summerslam, and with his impending UFC fight it makes sense.
Im wondering though, can Corbin follow Cena over and cash in his briefcase on say Joe the night after?

Personally, I don't mind lesnar as champion because even if he's not always there, when he is, he makes the title actually feel like a world title. He did more to elevate the title to a world title status in the few months he had the belt then kevin owens did with his whole run.

Lesnar feels like a world champion and his booking as been perfect since winning the belt and the longer he holds the belt the better the belt will be.

As far as how you book guys against him, it depend on who he's facing, if he wrestles guys like reigns, joe or strowman then you book him to have a competitive match with them because it's believable that these guys can go toe to toe with lesnar. While if you put him with smaller guys like rollins or balor, then you have to book those matches as one sided as possible because again believability is important and if you book a 50/50 match between a super heavyweight and a cruiserweight. So you need to book them as been underdog with lesnar selling the less amount of offense.

Since lesnar's contract ends at wrestlemania, it makes total sense to keep him as champion until the end of his contract, that way whoever beat him at mania become a bonifide main event star, the same way that they did with reigns last year when he beat taker at mania.

Personally, I don't mind lesnar as champion because even if he's not always there, when he is, he makes the title actually feel like a world title. He did more to elevate the title to a world title status in the few months he had the belt then kevin owens did with his whole run.

Lesnar feels like a world champion and his booking as been perfect since winning the belt and the longer he holds the belt the better the belt will be.

As far as how you book guys against him, it depend on who he's facing, if he wrestles guys like reigns, joe or strowman then you book him to have a competitive match with them because it's believable that these guys can go toe to toe with lesnar. While if you put him with smaller guys like rollins or balor, then you have to book those matches as one sided as possible because again believability is important and if you book a 50/50 match between a super heavyweight and a cruiserweight. So you need to book them as been underdog with lesnar selling the less amount of offense.

Since lesnar's contract ends at wrestlemania, it makes total sense to keep him as champion until the end of his contract, that way whoever beat him at mania become a bonifide main event star, the same way that they did with reigns last year when he beat taker at mania.

I couldn't imagine a setting where Vince McMahon sits at a table and says, "Bah, we don't need Brock Lesner to sell tickets for Wrestlemania. Let's have him lose at Summerslam so he can go fuck off to UFC like he wants."

Paul Heymen has announced that Brock is leaving if he loses. So that makes everyone think that Brock wants to head off to UFC right now and not wait until after Wrestlemania.

We've seen people leave before their contract expires but we are talking about Vince McMahon and Wrestlemania. It's interesting to see what happens isn't it?

Brock could be demanding to leave early in the background and Vince is bending over for him. Or Vince says you are mine until Mania you shaved gorilla so stick around and enjoy the ride.

I couldn't imagine a setting where Vince McMahon sits at a table and says, "Bah, we don't need Brock Lesner to sell tickets for Wrestlemania. Let's have him lose at Summerslam so he can go fuck off to UFC like he wants."

Paul Heymen has announced that Brock is leaving if he loses. So that makes everyone think that Brock wants to head off to UFC right now and not wait until after Wrestlemania.

We've seen people leave before their contract expires but we are talking about Vince McMahon and Wrestlemania. It's interesting to see what happens isn't it?

Brock could be demanding to leave early in the background and Vince is bending over for him. Or Vince says you are mine until Mania you shaved gorilla so stick around and enjoy the ride.

I doubt that this would happened mostly because if they're something that vince isn't it's stupid. He learned from his mistakes and letting Lesnar go to the UFC while he's still contract is not good for the WWE bottom line especially since he's been promoted shows after summerslam like the house show in winnipeg. So that a lot of money the Vince would lose if he let him go early, plus at far as i know, Lesnar hasn't really express his interest in Going Back to UFC.

The only report i've read about this was from Meltzer and he could have been sold a bill of good by somebody to report something that isn't true. It's not like it would be the first time that Meltzer would report something that isn't true.

The other reason i see Vince keeping Lesnar until mania is that he need a marquee name for mania, HHH isn't a marquee name anymore, undertaker is pretty much retired at this point and i don'T see The Rock coming back to wrestled anytime soon. They might be able to get Goldberg to come back again this year but that's a long shot, so the only Marquee name they have for the show is Lesnar and Cena so they need both of them as draw for the show. Plus Lesnar is making a lot of money doing almost nothing so why would he leave right now when he knows damn well that he not going to be able to fight until next summer at best. He going to make his money with his WWE Contract, which will cover what's left of his suspension, then he will decide if he returns to WWE or UFC after mania.

That's why i don'T see lesnar leaving until mania and i don'T see Lesnar losing at summerslam. Because the one thing that lesnar loves more then fighting is making money and he will not leave that much money on the table just to go do one fight in UFC and Vince won't let Lesnar leave early for the same reason.

BR.jpg

I'll get this one out of the way. If Brock Lesnar does lose the WWE Universal Championship at WWE Summerslam 2017, I have no doubts that he will make true his advocate's words and leave the WWE...at least for a while if not forever.

There are serious rumours about a potential MMA super fight with newly crowned UFC Lightheavyweight Champion Jon Jones, and the WWE has done nothing to assuage those rumours with this recent announcement.

No matter how you look at it, the WWE needs Brock Lesnar to stick around. He has too much drawing power for the company to let him disappear and do as he damn well pleases for how many ever months.

I doubt Vince will let him go fight in UFC while/if under contract, simply because if he get's hurt/injured then he won't be able to do wrestlemania in April. Due to him having to enter the usada testing pool, he wouldn't be able to fight until the UFC december newyears card, and if he get's injured/hurt he will be sidelined past the April wrestlemania event.

I have a feeling he retains at Summerslam but loses to Joe in LA(Joe's hometown) in September. Brock then takes a break to fight in the ufc and comes back in January.

Ok even so I see my scenario playing out. He always takes off between September and January doesn't he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back