Do you read the main WrestleZone site?

FitFinlay4Life

What's the craic?
Recently, I've taken to looking at the main WZ page and, in particular, I've seen a bitchiness that even us guys can only aspire too. As such my queries to y'all is:

Your general thoughts of the site we are a subsidiary off.

Do you post on WrestleZone?

If so, do you use your actual WZ Forum name (if not feel free to list your pseudonym)?

What do you think of the posts there (how do we compare)?

I post comments on the main page to bitch about the credibility of the reports, or add my two cents on a comment I find ignorant or stupid. It's a hell of a lot more lax compared to non-spam sections of the WZ forums, so I can freely post "Bullhonkey fan fiction" on certain reports and headlines and not risk being infracted for spamming. The spam sections here don't attract any traffic, so they're pretty boring compared to the main page.

At first I used "Nicho" until I noticed the little WZ doohickey clicky-linky thing that allows me to sign in with my WZ forum account. But I hate having to sign in every time after closing my browser since there is no "Remember me" option for me to click on.

A good chunk of posts on the main page are stupid and makes me want to "Dislike" the hell out of 'em. Sometimes I agree with them or they make me chuckle and I click "Like".

I have enjoyed reading the posts on the main page of Wrestlezone ever since I first discovered it on January 1st 2008. (I was bored on New Years Eve and found it while looking for wrestling sites) I've read countless articles there and other than Mark Madden's they are pretty good reads. I don't post there. I had contacted them about posting my PPV prediction columns a few times last year but they never got back to me. As far as the posts people make commenting after the article, they are below the quality of most of us here at the forum. It's a lot of spam and are almost as bad quality as youtube comments sometimes, so I don't really read those unless I have a lot of time on my hands at that particular moment, such as if I'm on break at work and couldn't find something on here worth posting about I'll go read articles on the main page and if time permits I might even read the comments below the articles but usually I don't bother. I'd rather read posts here than most of those comments.

I usually get my news from LordsOfPain.net, however whenever I see a bit of news pop up on the timeline above when viewing the forums I do check out what is going on. I think you're more interested on the commenting section of the news articles and I personally find most people that post are idiots. They are usually smarks who think they know what's what when usually they couldn't tell an Armbar from a Sharpshooter to save their lives. They seem to find pleasure in the animosity of the front page where you can post as anyone you want really.

This is why I prefer the commenting format on LOP, because you have to do it through Facebook; yes, if you're embarrassed about being a wrestling fan you can turn off the comments appearing on your page. However, it means people are usually careful about what they say and don't come across as idiots or smarks - unlike the WZ one which is usually full of thrash.

At the minute I'm using the main WZ site for most of my wrestling news online. I tend to just mainly use one news site at a time and over time would progress over to another and if I like then stay there and move on again in time.

I have no time to bother reading the posts that are posted over there as most contain little to no worthy content or are just two or three words. What is posted here though is of course better without a shadow of a doubt.

I do read the stuff on there occasionally but really only if I've read every recent thread on here and I'm bored as shit. Some of the articles are good and interesting but for the most part it's pretty dull in my opinion.

I don't post on there because frankly the worst part about the main site is the folks who comment on there in general, there are a few brights stars in there but I feel like the majority of their posts are idiotic and some make me question if they even watch the shit they talk about. It's to be expected in any place like a forum that there will be some good poster and some bad ones, now I'm some would say the same about our forums but in my opinion we have better posters in general.

For a long time the main page was the only thing I had ever looked at in Wrestlezone.

I did not even know these forums existed until mid 2010 (2 years after my discovery of the main site). I always make sure it is the first thing I look at before logging in to the forum. I will admit most of the stuff on there is pretty stale new as opoposed the the Wrestlingnewsworld website which posts pretty juicy stories ( I even tried to get the premium membership but decided that it wasn't worth the cash) The comments there are just bad. Not as bad the abysmal youtube comments but still not vary qualitative.

I think the main site is pretty good but a lot of times the stories are not juicy enough.

I've been reading the main page for the better part of the past three years or so. It's usually where I go for my wrestling news but I hate reading show results or spoilers on the main page due to the fact that those who do reporting for those usually use piss poor grammar and sometimes it's bad to the point where what is reported is actually different from what happens on television (I usually go to Wrestleview for results and spoilers due to the grammar tending to be better). I also don't regularly take part in the comments feature below every article because reading them reminds me of reading comments on Youtube and I can already share my opinion here on the forum. I also feel the forum's non-spam rules help generate more discussion than the comment threads underneath articles do. I only did it once when I was reading an article and a random person ridiculed the forum for being too strict and accusing the mods of monitoring the comments on the main page (which to my knowledge, they don't). However, I do see some of our posters taking part in the comment threads at times in an attempt to generate SOME discussion which I think is nice to read.

I found the forums through the main page originally, and for the first few months I just came for the news, editorials and CSR.

Recently I've started keeping an eye on the comments, especially all the people who like to pull Nick Paglino up on his spelling. I joined in myself when he managed to miss-spell "steroid" in the title and main body of an article that quoted text in which the word was spelt correctly. D'oh!.

Oooh! The whole "Creature of the Night" flap was kinda funny. Lot of people got pretty ********* over some loser pretending to be the best buddy of everyone at TNA. Think he eventually got banned.

Comparisons to youtube comments are apt, but I do enjoy being snarky on the main site from time to time.

Been coming to the forums for about two years. It was only about a week or so ago i realized there was a front page. If the WZ news site ever collapses i think the forums will survive. According to wikipedia wrestlezone is an indy fed in scotland or england..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back