• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you people actually ehm.... "like" Orton?

I like Randy Orton. I still firmly believe that he's one of the top stars that any upcoming star needs to beat in order to solidify their status as a Main Eventer. The guy is very smooth in the ring when he needs to be. Just watch how he pulls off those powerslams with impeccable timing. Back in 2004 when he won the World Heavyweight Championship, I was convinced that he would be the face of the WWE. Yes, he had similar matches compared to John Cena back in those early years, but I think by aligning himself with Triple H early on and winning the World title gave him the upper-hand advantage. I thought John Cena would just remain a Mid-Carder with his three United States titles and possibly one or two WWE Championships in the future. Randy Orton had the look, the mic skills and the ring moves. His character traits or gimmicks did get old after a while, but I don't think his current 'tweak' of the Viper character would be as bad if he won more high profile matches and distanced himself from alliances.

I have never really liked Orton. He is very good in the ring but his character is pretty lame. He isn't some arrogant heel, he isn't some natural that is just better, he is nothing. I don't see a character. For me, he is just another of those people wwe pushed and pushed until people just gave up and went with whatever they were saying. He is bland as a heel and even worse as a face.

Orton is freaking amazing, I know I'm a shameless mark for him but everyone shut up and I will explain why.

1) Badass as all hell.
When you look into those eyes, do you want to start a fight with that man? Of course you don't.

2) He is charismatic, no matter how many people tell you he's bland
Watch that Night of Champions bit with Christian and Jericho again, where Orton is ripping into Canadians. Occasionally Orton is quite flat in his delivery to further increase his stoicism, but he isn't always like that. Sometimes he can take the mick and have a laugh.

3) He has the best finisher since the Stunner
RKO outta nowhere! With a lot of finishers, the set up is the same. RKO can come out of different spots, with a longer set up and the "slam the mat" thing or the "catch them in the middle of a shooting star holy shit awesome balls" type thing. And the name? It's just his initials. Yes that's right, HE LITERALLY IS HIS FINISHER, WHAT A MOFO.

4) Has the Look
Yes, the "look". He looks freaking amazing. And almost natural too. The ink sleeves lend him yet more badassery.

And that's not all. In a sense, for the last decade, Orton, along with Cena, has defined the Look. And he is it. Few guys on the roster right now look as legitimately dangerous, but you could probably include Lesnar.

5) The ladies think he's hot
In fairness, he is.

In a poll for most attractive superstar, Orton scored high alongside other guys like John Morrison.

6) When the crowd give him shit, he acknowledges it
Instead of doing like the commentary team and pretending nothing's happening. He usually starts working harder for the crowd if this happens too. See Royal Rumble from start of this year.

7) Legitimately good in the ring
Just because you peasants expect an amazing match all the time doesn't mean you deserve one. Show some respect for the great Orton.

8) That Theme Music
Even if his entrance does take a frickin' century, it's okay because his awesome entrance theme is playing.

Okay I'll admit, sometimes it feels like Orton is resting on his laurels during a match. But that's because he can. Because he is that good.

This post was brought to you by me, and is in no way endorsed by Mr. Orton.

I will be kinda biased here, because I started watching the regular programming back in 2009 where Orton was the top guy and did an incredible job, so I like the guy a lot. Up until 2011, he was by far my most favorite guy, along with Jeff Hardy.

Ortonis phenomenal in the ring. The things he can do for a guy his size are incredible and to me, he is one of the best in-ring performers ever. He has an amazing look, one of the best ever too. His mic work isn't anything special but isn't bad either. He gets the point across. As far as character goes, he is bland now, because he is the Authority's puppet. He can't really show any character... Go back and watch his 2007-2009 days and tell me about lack of character...

Basically, I believe that ever since 2010, where Legacy got disbanded and he turned face, he toned down his work. Deep down, he knew that he had his best days as a top heel and he did an outstanding job. He was 31 (?) at that time and he probably thought that he wouldn't be doing this for much longer, which is a good reason as to why he toned down his style. His face turn and Smackdown draft didn't help. His feud with Punk was fine but nothing serious. Orton has never felt big ever since 2009, and that's why people tend to act like he is overrated etc. As I said, to anyone who has any doubt about how good Orton is, watch back his 2007-2009 days.

Randy Orton right now, is probably the best wrestler between the ropes that's full time and not injured, on WWE televison. He is so smooth in the ring, you don't see him do things that look too set up, or clunky. He can give a good promo, but sometimes he can be a tad rinse and repeat on the mic, unless he has something new to say, which he hasn't lately as the Authorities stooge. The only issue with Orton, is giving him something that he likes, I feel like sometimes if he isn't really into his story line it shows a tad in his work, and he can phone it in at times. However, when push comes to shove, and the bell rings on a big PPV, Orton has the ring skills, and psychology to hang with, if not carry, the best.

With HHH really Pushing Rollins at the moment, Orton has become lost in the shuffle to a certain extent and seeing as he has faced guys like Cena, Sheamus and The Big Show countless time before anything he does at the moment just seems stail and boring. Having him turn Face and take on the Likes of Rollins, Lesner and Triple H could be just the thing to inject a little energy back into viper and with guys like Reigns and Bryan gone for a little while yet having another Face wrestler around of Randys ability can only be good for the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back