• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you enjoy the WWE?

Do you enjoy the WWE?

• Yes

• Most of the time

• No

• Wrestling was better in the old days. Now it sucks!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
You know, I spent a few years hating pretty hard on the WWE. That was when TNA was new to it's national television deal and provided something slightly different. I was also just becoming obsessed with ROH (I still am), who provided something totally different. I refused to watch ECW because it couldn't hold candle to what ECW was about 10 years ago. RAW was stale and rather boring.

Over the past year, I have really gotten back into the WWE. I certainly don't love everything about the product, but there are really some great storylines and wrestlers who shine. I've always been much more interested in the smaller, high flying or technical type of guys and the WWE has been more open to giving guys like this more of a main event push.

Fresh faces like Jack Swagger, Evan Bourne, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, etc. have sparked a real interest in the WWE product. I actually DVR RAW and ECW if I can't be at home to watch it.

i like john cena :)

i never got to see the rapping part of his gimmick in the beginning but since i do listen to hiphop i did download his album back when it dropped. it was ok. but as a wrestler, i just think he needs to get some more prominent force moves, like those punches where he does the Yayo wave they dont even seem like they're doing anything and it just makes him look like that superhero and thats why they hate him. if he had something to take your mind off of that he'd be fine...and maybe some actual wrestling trunks, i dont care how cool he wants to look haha its all good its wrestline jc

shit yes I enjoy the WWE. It escapes me entirely why people who supposedly hate the WWE, continue to watch it. If I slammed my fingers with a hammer, I would hate it, and thus, stop doing it.

I think a ton of the hate comes from a younger group, attitude era marks. What we have now, is just totally different from that era, and they dont like it. I find very few of the old timers such as myself who out and out HATE it, we carry some issues with the goings on, but all in all, still love it, for love (and understanding) of pro wrestling.

Of course I love the WWE, which is why I watch it. Logic, you see.

I'll take your advice and answer these questions.

Do I really think it's boring?

Overall, no. Smackdown has been exciting and ECW always keeps me interested because I love watching new stars develop. Superstars is good too because it has the least amount of promos and other interruptions and they put on really good matches. Raw to me embodies everything wrong with the WWE. The same old guys in the main event, lackluster storylines, mid-card talent that barely seems to matter, among other things. But I always watch Raw and always will. No matter how boring and crappy things get, I just can't stop watching because you never know when something big will go down. Besides, I have 3 other shows to entertain me and I got nothing to do Monday nights anyways.

Why do I keep reading spoilers?

I never read spoilers and I never will. I watch all four shows every week. Reading about something and watching it are different things. You can read about CM Punk's suprise title win, but nothing compares to watching it.

Am I and the IWC community to blame for the decline of the Wrestling?

I blame that on the lack of real competition. The WWE has become too complacent, they're resting on their laurels. They seem afraid to try new things or to REALLY listen to fans so we get the same thing over and over and that gets boring.

Do I really hate John Cena?

The man? No. I don't know him personally but he seems like a really cool guy to hang out with. The very annoying, goody-two-shoes, bland as ice character? More than you will ever know :)

Do I really think it's boring?

Mainly most of RAW is very hard to watch as it is boring cause they ruin great characters on there & all the crappy egotistical guys(Triple H & Roidtista) are on there.

Why do I keep reading spoilers?

I do it just cause i'm not able to watch Friday Night Smackdown & if I was able to, I would still watch it regardless of the spoilers just to see if the match is decent enough.

Am I and the IWC community to blame for the decline of the Wrestling?

It's possible, but who really knows why wrestling has been stale as of late.

Do I really hate John Cena?

I hate the character as it is stale as fuck & is too much of an ass kisser & a tool for me to cheer for, but the man John Cena is about the nicest people you will ever meet.

I'd Pay more attention if WWE would push midcard talent. Sort of like DX with Triple H as the leader. X-Pac, Road Dog or Billy Gunn would never beat The Rock or Stone Cold, but they were still part of a powerful group.

wwe wrestling would have to get 100 times worse than it is now, for me to stop watching a show i havent missed in like 15 years(of course i've missed a few, but very rare.). i was around during the attitude days/monday night wars and am still here during the pg days. i am a wwe fanatic, one of the people who help wwe make millions a year, as i have bought every ppv in like the last 5 years, have like 40+ jakks figures, and a big dvd collection

as for spoilers, never read them, i feel they cheapen the excitement, and i kinda already know who's gonna win just by who's wrestling, with the exception of a few close toss-up matches.

For me Wrestling is the few hours a week where i can escape the normal routine of work, homelife, and kids. i look forward to mondays, fridays and now thursdays. monday is the greatest day of the week as im sure a bunch of you would agree.

i dont care if one weeks episode isnt as interesting as the next, i'd still walk 5 miles to see the next weeks episode.

I enjoy the WWE. I really do. Somethings just annoy me.

Like how they give Orton his own stable. The man is shit on the mic. Not only that, but they give his stable two mid-card heels who do nothing. They don't compete for mid-card championships, they don't even compete for the tag titles. They just stand there. And somehow people are suprised at the dip in ratings.

But other than that? John Cena is pulling his own weight, as are the other main eventers. If Orton would actually do something on the mic...other....than....speaking....like...this....and...saying...nothing...new...ever.....and actually do something in the ring other than a dropkick and sliding away, he'd be on that list.

The mid-card is shaping up, as I knew it would. The WWE isn't stupid, they know when they have to start some new superstars for the new guard. The main-event is in for a culling when HBK and the Undertaker finally leave, and if Batista/Jeff Hardy leave at the end of their contracts. They have to be ready for that, and they know it. So they're building Kofi and the rest of their mid-card for their future positions.

The storylines are ok for the most part, with the exception the utter Fail that is Orton's Legacy. Character development is on a pause for the main-event characters, but that's fine as long as they're building the mid-card, as they are. You can let the top stars stew for a bit if you're actually doing something with the rest of the card.

Lulz, do I hate John Cena. Why? Because he's doing his job? Because Vince saw something in him and decided to push him? Cena is making money for his company, and lots of it. That's why I can hate on Orton. That ratings drop since Orton's been the main focus of the show? Yeah. That translates into a loss in money through merch sales and the like, and it means Orton isn't doing his job.

I love wrestling and wwe is in my blood, i been watching qwrestling my entire life, i do enjoy it, i look forward to the matchess the storylines, the pushes, i enjoy the talents and i think this question asked is rude insulting and disrespectful to the real fans, who ever asked that question, I question your fan hood, a true wrestling fan would never ask a question like this....Grow a set or go watch something else..

Personally I don't enjoy wrestling anywhere near as much as I used to. Ever since this PG rating took effect, its been pretty obvious that the WWE is really targeting a younger audience and trying to become more clean and family friendly. At the moment I'm really just sorta of watching bits and pieces of it simply to see guys like Jericho, Edge, Undertaker. Of the newer generation I like Shelton, Morrison and MVP (when he was heel, his pathetic as a face). Its probably not going to be long before I stop watching all together though cause there is nothing in the WWE product that exists now that I really enjoy. I've switched to TNA simply because they actually entertain me alot more than any of the WWE shows do. I know some people here don't think the PG rating is bad but c'mon lets me honest....the WWE heels especially are so restricted in what they can say now its really pathetic. Anyway like I said I've been watching less and less especially in that last year and it won't be long till i say stuff this all together. Being a wrestling fan I'll just stick to watching TNA. I know they can't challenge WWE at the moment but atleast the violence and stuff like that is more enjoyable for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back