• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you enjoy the WWE?

Do you enjoy the WWE?

• Yes

• Most of the time

• No

• Wrestling was better in the old days. Now it sucks!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crush1

Getting Noticed By Management
Fellow fans and IWC I want to ask you a question which may sound strange. Especialy since you probably watch Raw, Smackdown or ECW every week. Do you actualy enjoy the WWE?. The reason I'm asking this is because the fans on the internet have nothing good to say about today's wrestling including me. Some examples:

''Screw you WWE you wont push my favorite wrestler''
''Bring back the aditude era!''
''Triple H has to much backtage power, he's boring and he sucks''
''Screw John Cena because of him the PG era is upon us''
''Why won't they push midcard talent!?''
''ECW sucks it isn't extreme anymore''
''Screw the WWE Christian isn't champion''
''Bring Back DX''
''The Tag Team Division is dead!!''
''Wrestling is gay ufc rules!'' ( Yet you still watch it ;) )

It's sad but true my friends, we complain too much. So much that I don't think we watch wrestling for fun, but to tell another fan it sucks. But why is that my friends? I think we have to ask ourselves these questions:

Do I really think it's boring?
Why do I keep reading spoilers?
Am I and the IWC community to blame for the decline of the Wrestling?
Do I really hate John Cena?

I think it's time to respect the WWE for providing a big part of our lives and stop being the Roger Ebert of wrestling. I've discovered something. Whenever I read some spoilers I thought ''Well this episode sucked!'' But whenever I didn't ( four weeks now ) ''WOW what an amazing match, this is awesome!''
I suggest you do the same my friend. Enjoy the WWE for what it is and stop being such a bitch like I used to be. If not please explain yourselves. Do you enjoy the WWE?

i like some of the matches. some of the guys are just flat out talented. some of the performers are great too and i like to see certain characters develop and whatnot...but as a whole the entire product is flawed. i stopped watching wwe for a decade and came back in this year and feel like nothing has changed other than the fact that all the good wrestlers are old and gone now. RAW doesnt keep my attention and ive seen Smackdown mabye 4 times in my life...nothing makes me want to keep watching outside of certain angles or characters and these are guys who could easily do these characters elsewhere just with less buildup and money behind it.

theres still potential but i just think its a joke because they refuse to fully focus on the wrestling and put too much emphasis on corny games and jokes that are still the reason to this day that no one takes pro wrestling serious.

im tryyyyyying to get back into it..

For the most part I do enjoy it and try not to bitch about it too much.

I think WWE's PPV's have been really good for the past 2 years, far better than they were in the glory days of the Attitude era, obviously the storylines might not be as good, but I think the wrestling is much better now.

RAW has it's ups and downs, but you know every so often there's gonna be some killer angle (Orton beating up Stephanie, Punk cashing in MITB etc), so it'll always be seen as the biggest show in all of wrestling.

I've never really watched Smackdown regularly over the years, but right now it's got huge potential and there's been some really good matches lately.

ECW is usually a good show and it's good to see younger guys get experience before moving up to RAW/SD. Some people still can't get over the fact that it's not the original ECW though, personally I don't give a shit.

I think the thing they're really lacking now is great storylines/feuds, apart from Cena/Edge and Jericho/Michaels there hasn't been many memorable rivalries in the last few years, but overall I still enjoy it, if I didn't, I wouldn't watch it.

Sometimes.....but not enough for me to stop watching. Plus after the latest draft, I feel that television has improved.

I don't read the spoilers because I feel that they *ahem* spoil the anticipation. I think some people read spoilers because they don't want to sit there and invest 2 hours in a show that they have no idea if its going to be good or not. I think all shows should be live.

No offense to you or anything, but I'm getting MORE than a little tired of hearing this excuse. I just don't understand the reasoning behind this concept. We have more weekly wrestling shows than ever before, and if anything, the internet has helped. True fans of the business can now go on youtube and watch matches from before they were fans and can truly appreciate the sport (GASP he used the "s" word) for what it is. Besides, rumors have been around in wrestling for a long time. I seem to remember 900 numbers to call for the WWF and WCW. Same basic concept.

More than you can possibly imagine. (The character, not the man).

Of course i dislike some parts. But there are more parts i enjoy, hence why i keep watching

Meh, most spoilers just sy who won the match. What happens during the match is the interesting bit imo
Is there a decline in wrestling? I do think the IWC has an effect on the programs, 10% of your watching audience (personally i believe its more), you have to cater for. 10% is a large number in a live event.

No i like cena. He puts on more good matches then people give him credit for.

My interest in today's wrestling is near another all-time low. I haven't felt this way since Adamle was GM, and I tuned out altogether for several months.

I started following wrestling in 1990 and followed it all through the Post Attitude and PG Eras.

My straight forward view is that the quality of the wrestling itself is at an all-time high. However, the quality of the storylines and the quality of the characters is at an all-time low. If I had to make a choice between the quality of wrestling vs the quality of the storylines and characters, I am going to choose the quality of both the storylines and the characters.

I don't follow wrestling just for the quality of the wrestling itself, like many of today's fans do. If I wanted to do that, I would have followed the original Ring of Honor, or would follow Japanese wrestling. I don't. That doesn't appeal to me, whatsoever. Maybe if Vince is lucky, soon his audience will gradually develop into a Japanese audience and sit in utter silence, while giving a quick, polite applause, at a well-executed move, here and there during the matches.

If I was forced to assign a letter grade to today's product, it would be a solid D.

I think the reasoning is this:

Nothing in this world is perfect. Everything has parts that you are not gonna like. So it's not that we hate the WWE or don't enjoy any of it. We just complain about some of the things that we don't like. but the thing is that there are so many wrestling fans that every part of WWE (besides the HBK/Taker match :icon_biggrin:) is gonna be disliked by at least someone. So almost every part is complained about because there are so many of us.

i enjoy watching smackdown now and sometimes ecw but raw has got awful since the draft, wrestlers i like atm are morrison, miz, jericho, edge, matt hardy, cm punk, brian kendrick, tyson kidd, evan bourne and christian, now the majority of these dont get pushed and it takes away some entertainment in the show as i dont want to see batista and hhh and john cena dominating the main event anymore, the wwe would be a lot better if we had some of the wrestlers i named in the main event

I personally love it. I love it when its good and when its bad.

I've been watching wrestling my whole life...literally. My mom and uncles watched it and naturally had me sitting there watching as a baby...so it transcends just liking it...there's a genuine love and passion I have for it.

Im not so critical of the state of the business or WWE in particular. I know that there are bad characters, matches, and storylines...but at the same time, I realize that there isn't always going to be homeruns too. Wrestling is like the economy. It fluctuates. It has its highs and lows.

I don't mind a lot of the stuff that the IWC complains about because I know that you can't please everyone and if they make up only "5-10% of wrestling audience," they are pretty insignificant...no disrespect...(although personally I think its more). I can accept the changes and progression of WWE and the business.

From time to time it gets a little dull but they manage to keep the majority of it interesting enough.

I enjoy knowing before hand who is going to win. To me, knowing the outcome doesn't ruin the match. It's still interesting to see how they get there.

No offense intended but I have my doubts the IWC has any real effect at all.

No.

From time to time it gets a little dull but they manage to keep the majority of it interesting enough.

I enjoy knowing before hand who is going to win. To me, knowing the outcome doesn't ruin the match. It's still interesting to see how they get there.

No offense intended but I have my doubts the IWC has any real effect at all.

No.

How can you say the IWC has not had any real affect at all when Vince has been changing storylines because of the internet? The IWC has easily killed wrestling...Fans think they are apart of the business side and love to "fantasy book" the programs they are suppose to be enjoying.

I love all of it. When I have something to do on a night when it's on, I tape it because I don't want to miss anything.

True, everything they do isn't perfect; that's to be expected when you consider that they have to come up with five hours of original programming a week, fifty weeks a year.

Remember, regular network shows feature only 22 weeks a year of original episodes and a lot of that is pretty mundane. WWE does it year-round.....no summer vacations, no reruns.

It's always gets me when wrestling is criticized because it's "fake." On the network shows I just mentioned, everything that happens on-screen is predetermined by the script, right? Isn't that all fake, too? When Summer Glau beats up a bad guy on "The Terminator," isn't that fake? Yet, I've never heard of TV being criticized for the very thing critics object to with wrestling.

I think WWE does an incredible job given the enormous task they've undertaken.

Perfect? No.

Great? Yes.

Ive watched wrestling since i was about 5 years old, so I can honestly say I watch because its a habit. If I miss a Raw or Smackdown, which I usually do, I dont really care, but I MUST read the recap of the show, if I havent already read the spoiler. Im not gonna say I dont enjoy wrestling, becasue obviously, I do. But I will say it has downgraded to the point where its not a big deal if i miss a few weeks of the shows.

when the wwe had some real competion like wcw. it was fresh. now it gets stale.....especially after the rock, stone cold, goldberg, nash and hall, brock lesnar are all gone. cena, batista, and orton dont have the charisma like these other guys. nor do they have the mic skills like stone cold and the rock.
the current wwe storylines are too weak and too G rated for all audiences.
TNA is even worse.

[B said:
[/B]

That is such a ridiculous statement and I hope you just threw it in there just for a discussion topic. To think that a bunch of keyboard warriors are to blame for the decline of wrestling is absurd. From what I understand the IWC is such a small percentage of the wrestling fan that they don't really make much of a difference. Idk how true that is but I remember Disco used to say that in his columns on this site.

Wrestling always goes through its hot and cold streaks, this streak has just remained a lot colder then past ones. I guarantee there a bunch of wrestling fans they don't view it as in a decline. Grant it those fans, I'm talking about are kids, and the ratings clearly show it is in a decline. I think the IWC may have set standards for wrestling too high and maybe thats why it's perceived as it being in decline but I dont think there is too much truth in that cause once again the ratings show that the WWE isn't putting out a good product.

But no the IWC is to blame for the decline because a bunch of guys on the computer don't like what product that is being put out, it's crappy storylines and uninteresting gimmicks.

Do I enjoy the WWE? Most of the time. For the first time in awhile I've really been enjoying Smackdown and right now I'm liking it a lot more then Raw as I feel the WWE has dropped the ball with legacy. ECW i have no real interest in but it has its place and thats to develop future upper mid-carders and main eventers. To say i always enjoy it is a lie and I hope it becomes more enjoyable soon.

I almost never post on here as almost everyone can see, but I love wrestling. I am 29 years old and have watched since my uncles got me into it when I was three years old. I've been through the booms and the busts. The megastars and the wrestlecrap (that site is awesome). Most of my friends (ok all of my friends) have gave up on wrestling and found other hobbies. I however watch every show. Raw, ECW, Impact, Superstars, and Smackdown every single week. I watch every WWE PPV and the occasional TNA PPV. No matter how bad of a mood I'm in, wrestling puts my mind at ease and calms me down. No matter how bad an angle is, I find the good in what they were trying to do. I would defend wrestling against anyone anyday. Yes some is silly and yes it predetermined but it is entertainment. It is here for us to relax and have fun. Half of the fun is people arguing over who they like and who they hate. If everyone liked everything that WWE did, these forums would be boring. If everyone cheered for the same wrestlers and booed the same wrestlers, it would lessen heel and face turns. I enjoy every minute of every show from pointless squash matches, to diva 8-women tags, to comedy skits, to main events. I enjoy Kizarny for his one match, Michael Cole's announcing, the new WOO WOO WOO catch phrase, John Cena, Maryse's hand gestures, Randy Orton's blank stare, John Morrison's athleticism, and everything in between. I watch wrestling to be entertained and that is exactly what it does for me. Sop to answer once again, I enjoy WWE. I don't nitpick or complain I watch and enjoy and find the good in everything that they do.

Wrestling is still entertaining!
I am far more entertained by the Cena fans on this website at times....

But just because Cena was pushed too far and Orton and Edge and Triple H and the others.... Doesn't mean that there isn't good wrestling still... It is still better then TNA.

And if I wanted to watch someone get beat down I'd stick my head out my window! I like the fake fighting! It makes me feel better about getting Excited about watching someone hurt someone else! The thought of enjoying physical conflict is barbaric!

How can you say the IWC has not had any real affect at all when Vince has been changing storylines because of the internet? The IWC has easily killed wrestling...Fans think they are apart of the business side and love to "fantasy book" the programs they are suppose to be enjoying.

It's just my opinion, friend. Take it for what it's worth.

The IWC makes up a small percentage of wrestlings total fan base and I can't see the storyline writers changing the way things are done simply to cater to that small percentage. I'll grant you that in the past a few stories have been changed due to internet activity, but that has had more to do with the fact that a plotline was leaked onto the net rather than someone in the IWC saying "I wish things were different." Overall, I don't see the IWC having that much of an effect on the wrestling industry. But, as I said before, that's just my opinion.

I read the spoilers and still enjoy the programming. I never used to read the spoilers unless it was a show that I knew I wasn't going to be able to watch, just so I could stay current on what was going on.

Currently I read all of the spoilers for WWE, but I'm stationed in South Korea and I can never be certain anymore just when I'll get to be in my room at 7 to catch RAW, ECW, or SmackDown!, or even the ppv's as I've noticed that AFN has shown all the ppv's since the rumble.

All in all, I just read the spoilers to stay current on the events, last time I didn't read anything and couldn't watch it, I missed Kane taking off his mask and everything that followed that for about a year and a half, by the time I started watching again, Cena and Batista were the last two men in the Rumble and Vince injured himself getting into the ring, nice little gap there.

I do think that certain lines and matches are boring, but the programming as a whole consistently entertains me.

I've never hated Cena really.

And as far as the IWC is concerned, sure maybe Vince might change the way things happen, but that's not really the IWC trying to fantasy book anything, that's the online reporters trying to get the edge on their competition, its commendable that they want to have the most breaking news on their sites, but sometimes it seems that it causes a ridiculous swerve from Vince. Sometimes, I feel that WWE needs to check their seals.

I used to watch Raw almost every monday night from the 90's all the way to about the 2008 Draft. I always was a fan of Raw but after the draft that year and a lot of my favorite wrestlers got sent to Smackdown i stopped watching. I don't watch Smackdown hardly at all simply because its on at the worst time at friday at 7. i used to watch it almost every week when it was thursday. I've been tuning in every now and again to raw but i still read on what happens.

I feel that the creative team isn't even trying anymore and with that kinda aspect i feel that they don't care about the fans because with the storylines they've got going now it really shows i.e. Batista and Orton. i watched their segment last monday and i couldn't help but laugh because it was so ridiculous.(neither of these guys can really hold my attention because their so monotone and barely show any emotion)

While im not a big fan of Cena, he can keep a storyline somewhat interesting.

my main problem with the wwe is theirs hardly any difference in the storylines. we have to watch the same guys in the main event constantly and it gets boring.

I think the reason why we all feel the wwe is in a lull is because of the boring monotony of the writing. I feel that the wrestlers are just as good (if not, better) than they ever have been. I just think the creative team doesn't keep constant change to keep things fresh. Really, Cena and Edge was great a couple years ago. But do we really wanna see that ever again? NO. I like the way this Miz/Cena storyline appears to be going. Maybe fresh blood in the spotlight. The creative staff MUST keep coming up with new matches. New storylines. Not just the same old recycled stuff that worked a year or two ago. They should stop working on "Santina" and the bathroom break that comes with it and maybe find a way to make legacy as dominate as it's supposed to be.

And about John Cena... When I started watching wwe again in November of 05. Cena was dominant and just about to go to war with his greatest Nemesis, Edge. In April of 2009, Cena just got done with another battle with Edge. My point is John Cena is not the problem. The WWE creative team is the problem. John Cena can be the battle rapper most seem to like or this diluted child superhero he is today. What the creative team and Vince Mcmahon seem to think is right is SuperCena. Honestly though, I latched on to him in Nov. of 2005 and still marked out for him at NWO in Seattle.

the wwe has gotten real stale. TNA doesnt offer much entertainment either.
the wwe needs a more R rated program late at night or on hbo or showtime or something. the storylines are boring, and they might be interesting to little kids.........but they dont interest most teenagers and adults.
the 1990's were the best years for the wwe IMO. vince mcmahon should bring back wcw nitro late at night, or on hbo or showtime. that would be a fresh idea. a better program for teenagers and adults. RAW and Smackdown sucks now.

The only thing I hate about RAW at the moment is how it's becoming the Randy Orton show.

Orton sucks, sorry but I just don't like him and never have... I don't watch ECW cos I'm at work when it's on Thursday nights in UK, and it's not very often I watch a full episode of Smackdown lately.

Also, I don't mind Cena, and I want him to beat Big Show on Sunday, but they're pushing Big Show as a big massive unstoppable monster, so I'd say to look for Show to squash Cena.

CM Punk Vs Umaga? Meh, I find most Umaga matches to be boringly typical hoss matches, a few power moves, he kicks the other guy's arse for a bit, and then ends up jobbing later in the match, this will happen on Sunday, where Punk will win and go on to cash in MITB against the winner of either Batista/Orton or Edge/Hardy.

I'm not a huge fan of the WWE right now. I just feel it has gotten stale and is interesting once in a blue moon (like the HBK/Jericho rivalry last year or even HBK/Undertaker from WM25). Its just follows the same "rinse,wash,repeat" formula for a while now.
Oh Well, guess I'll just watch something else.... no need to get all pissy.

Ok so i do enjoy the WWE but not Raw idk but it is just really annoying how randy orton and his so called legacy are dominating it. I rather prefer smackdown on friday nights i love Jeff and Ray and plus divas melina and McCool. I just think smackdown has a more diverse cast of superstars and they all rock. So i do enjoy the WWE but not raw as much as i have in the past....LOVE mickie though she is AWSOME

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back