Do any IWC guys "work out" like their fave wrestlers?

jameyt2003

pro wrestling sux
I post this because it is one of the many things that keep me intrigued into pro wrestling. Specifically WWE where physiques are a big priority. I remember when I first laid eyes on John Cena:blush: I thought he had one of the most impressive physiques I had ever seen for a pro wrestler. Plus, we are the exact same height. So, as I was starting my first year of football, I decided that he would be my guideline for bodybuilding. I began to research his training regimen along with others I found to look impressive such as John Morrison, attitude era HHH, ruthless aggression Rock, Batista, Goldberg, and anyone else I wanted to follow.

Now I never went down the roids or even the supplements path, so I never shot up past 180 lbs and that became cool overtime. But even though I never became as large as these guys, wrestlers provided a lot of inspiration for fitness that I still maintain to this day.

These days I give Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, and of course RYBACK! credit for their physiques. I have respect for Big E's power look. He looks like he puts a lot of time into the power lifting game.

To this day I am still my 6 foot 165 lb self, so im glad I didn't get fat sittin and talking on the internet all these years. But now I wonder has anyone else felt like takin to the gym or even the farm (a fulls days work) to get in shape like these guys?

When Angle started with TNA, I don't know why this was, but I started to use his training method and diet and haven't stopped since.(Even shaved my head). I'm a powerlifter and i'm 6'2'' 235 with a 355 Bench, 355 Squat, and 365 Deadlift. I don't know why it was Angle that did it, but he got me motivated again.

Kurt Angle is definitely a benchmark for all around fitness and muscle development. He just knows how to do it. Despite neck injuries, he still finds a way to maintain a remarkable mat wrestling physique and condition.

You can always tell which guys know how to workout and those who aren't as concerned. Angle has always been a good example of fitness for us average joes.

When I was around 10 or so my brother built me a weight bench because I wanted to be a pro wrestler when I grew up and my brother even at 15 spent his entire day working out. He ate healthy and was incredibly built. We didn't have the best relationship though so when he stopped helping me I stopped lifting.
I played quite a few sports as a kid and also trained in tae kwon do. So while I wasn't lifting weights I was still getting a workout. Then my freshman year of high school I got a weight bench from a friend of mine and I used that for a while until my brother stole it from me and took it to his house. We did workouts in football though so it wasn't too big of a deal.
I've worked out since then off and on over the years but I always quit. I never researched any wrestlers training programs though I did check out UFC Mac Danzing's blogs on what he did to stay in shape. I just could never commit to it. Especially the diet. I like meat too much to go vegan.

I use the john Cena diet:
Hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, juice, fruit breakfast
Tuna/almonds snack
Baked/grilled chicken breast and veggies with milk for lunch
Tuna/almonds snack
Pasta and grilled/baked chicken breast and veggies with milk supper
Pre workout shake
Post workout protein
Cottage cheese snack

I've gotten a lot more trim

Not really, since I workout like a power lifter, and the majority of them do bodybuidling programs and diets. The two disciplines are worlds apart on their intent. I do sometimes take pointers on certain aspects of their diets and programs if I am interested in trimming a certain aspect of my physique, looking on how to rehab various injuries, or a way to shock my body for a coupe of weeks with some unique training out of my normal routine.

They do have some prolific powerlifters like Mark Henry and Big E, and back in the day the Road Warrior could throw around crazy numbers with the best of them, but those guys' workouts aren't usually published...since the majority are only interested in improving their looks.

No, not really focused on any particular wrestlers workout.

I have been a member of a gym for the past decade and barring injuries have always been 3-4x a week. However, for the last year I have had serious AC joint problem in my right shoulder, which has caused me to stop training as much and as a result I have lost quite a bit of size. At the moment I am on the waiting list for keyhole surgery, and cannot wait to get back to working out after the operation in a few months.

I do envy the physiques of some of the wrestlers. I think guys like Langston and Ryback are far too big, probably even Cena but wrestlers like John Morrison, Randy Orton and Gunner in TNA have fantastic physiques, I would love to have a body like that.

I remember reading something online about Orton's diet and it sticks in my mind that he was quoted as saying he eats a lot of ice cream! I dont know if that was a true quote though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back