Digimon!

Digimon Season 3 was the bleakest childrens show I've ever seen; it was amazingly awesome....

... however, even though the anime has become quite repetitive, the Digimon series as a whole cannot hold a candle to the Pokemon Adventures manga...

As a child I was traumatised by the movie. Seriously, I was scared as hell of the virus, and when I would see a virus on a computer, even years afterwards, I was freaked out.

As a child I was traumatised by the movie. Seriously, I was scared as hell of the virus, and when I would see a virus on a computer, even years afterwards, I was freaked out.

Have you seen the 3rd season? If not, go watch it immediately...

4th season was garbage; 5th season was pretty good...

Have you ever even watched Digimon Angel? Pokemon is about some dumbass kid kidnapping countless Pokemon against their will by forcing his guys to do battle against them only to further his goal of becoming the best Pokemon slave master and collect shiny badges while never aging at all. Digimon on the other hand has an actual plot that involves kids going to a Digital World to fulfill their destiny of saving it from the various evils that have corrupted it. Each of those kids only has one Digimon partner and they willingly go to them. The only similarities that the two have is that they have monsters that evolve and even that is different, the Digimon revert back after every evolution while the Pokemon are stuck in their new forms for all of time while serving some moronic kid that never ages and whose voice continuously becomes increasingly more gay as time goes on. I'd suggest you actually watch it and you'll see that Digimon > the unbelievably repetitive and plot lacking Pokemon.

Obviously you haven't read the Pokemon Adventures manga...

Like Echelon said, the 3rd season will make you shit your pants then. It's about as dark as Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Obviously you haven't read the Pokemon Adventures manga...

They are a hell of a lot better than everything else Pokemon. Too bad they are so obscure. The movies tend to have their bright moments too.

I've seen bits of season 3, but I've forgotten most of it. 'Twas good. I should really go through the first 3 seasons again. I remember them all being awesome.

I'm off this week coming up so I'll see if I can make some room to watch season 3.

The enemy at the end of Season 3 was so ridiculously powerful that it forced good digimon and evil digimon to work together in order to save their own existences...

One of the 7 fucking Digimon Demon Lords was partnered with a human in that season...

Even the digimon that scared you so badly in the first movie as a kid, Diaboromon, offered up his services at the end of the series.

The enemy at the end of Season 3 was so ridiculously powerful that it forced good digimon and evil digimon to work together in order to save their own existences...

One of the 7 fucking Digimon Demon Lords was partnered with a human in that season...

Even the digimon that scared you so badly in the first movie as a kid, Diaboromon, offered up his services at the end of the series.
Don't forget how that thing drove a girl to attempt suicide. And Leomon dying. Again.

Don't forget how that thing drove a girl to attempt suicide. And Leomon dying. Again.

The first two season's were both pretty dark in some area's as well; but what gets me about the 3rd season was the sense of helplessness that it installed...

Even the digimon gods were so scared of the D Reaper that they were willing to suicide themselves before the Reaper could kill them... think about that... in the 2nd season Azulongmon defeats Blackwargreymon without even trying, and he regards supreme evil digimon like Daemon and Myotismon as mere nuisances.

However; Azulongmon had trouble simply appraoching the D Reaper in a weakened form...

The first two season's were both pretty dark in some area's as well; but what gets me about the 3rd season was the sense of helplessness that it installed...

Even the digimon gods were so scared of the D Reaper that they were willing to suicide themselves before the Reaper could kill them... think about that... in the 2nd season Azulongmon defeats Blackwargreymon without even trying, and he regards supreme evil digimon like Daemon and Myotismon as mere nuisances.

However; Azulongmon had trouble simply appraoching the D Reaper in a weakened form...
All the untamed Digimon evolved into their Mega levels too. And it did nothing. Season 2 really pissed me off with all the plot holes left over. There was no conclusion to the Dark Ocean stuff, there was no point to Daemon showing up and the fight with Malomyotismon was totally dumb. Especially when you put the events of the movie in. It was a mistake to take the focus off Kari and T.K.

All the untamed Digimon evolved into their Mega levels too. And it did nothing. Season 2 really pissed me off with all the plot holes left over. There was no conclusion to the Dark Ocean stuff, there was no point to Daemon showing up and the fight with Malomyotismon was totally dumb. Especially when you put the events of the movie in. It was a mistake to take the focus off Kari and T.K.

It's been a while since I've seen Season 2, what would you say all the plot holes were?

It's been a while since I've seen Season 2, what would you say all the plot holes were?
In the movie, that takes place after the Digimon Emperor is beaten, Gatomon and Patamon digivolve to their Mega levels because the others can't beat the corrupted Cherubimon. Which by itself is impossible for them. They digivolve to release the golden digieggs to allow Veemon and Terriermon to trasform into their golden forms. But the series pointed out that the golden forms aren't strong enough to match Ultimate digimon. One level inferior to Cherubimon. Not only that, but fucking Patamon and Gatomon digivolve to their Mega forms. Their Ultimate forms alone beat the shit out of most bad guys, but they get taken down in one hit here.

Then at the end of the series, the characters are trapped in a parallel world that makes dreams and nightmares come true. They all split into all their trasformations and MagnaAngemon is present. MagnaAngemon is supposed to be strong enough to kill a Dark Master with ease. But not Malomyotismon. Even though he was powered by dreams. Not to mention the forms from the movie aren't present. And the movie is in fact canon.

In the movie, that takes place after the Digimon Emperor is beaten, Gatomon and Patamon digivolve to their Mega levels because the others can't beat the corrupted Cherubimon. Which by itself is impossible for them. They digivolve to release the golden digieggs to allow Veemon and Terriermon to trasform into their golden forms. But the series pointed out that the golden forms aren't strong enough to match Ultimate digimon. One level inferior to Cherubimon. Not only that, but fucking Patamon and Gatomon digivolve to their Mega forms. Their Ultimate forms alone beat the shit out of most bad guys, but they get taken down in one hit here.

Then at the end of the series, the characters are trapped in a parallel world that makes dreams and nightmares come true. They all split into all their trasformations and MagnaAngemon is present. MagnaAngemon is supposed to be strong enough to kill a Dark Master with ease. But not Malomyotismon. Even though he was powered by dreams. Not to mention the forms from the movie aren't present. And the movie is in fact canon.

I had never heard about the movie being canon as I was under the impression that it was just another noncanon Anime movie. It never really made sense to me either why they depowered MagnaAngemon after the BlackWargreymmon arc such as against the Daimon squad but Malomyotismon just seemed to be unbelievably ridiculously overpowered that I never thought about that one. For the most part I enjoyed season 2 and it raised my opinion of TK up dramatically, who knew they'd turn that whiny little bitch into a levelheaded fairly cool slightly older kid that didn't cry all the time?

He borderlined murderous on a few episodes. But that led to nothing. He should've been the top focus of the show. He had the most character.

I'm watching season 3 on youtube (I'll do the adventure series later), and while it's awesome, most of the episodes I've watched have been kind of samey. They're also quite of full of power fluctuations. Sometimes the rookie digimon can beat champion level digimon, sometimes they can't. But then I'm just under half way through, so maybe those problems become lessened as time passes.

Also Riaku, I'm sure that some of the Adventure 02 plotholes relating to the movie make a lot more sence when three movies aren't edited together and shitloads of footage removed to meet time constraints.

I'm watching season 3 on youtube (I'll do the adventure series later), and while it's awesome, most of the episodes I've watched have been kind of samey. They're also quite of full of power fluctuations. Sometimes the rookie digimon can beat champion level digimon, sometimes they can't. But then I'm just under half way through, so maybe those problems become lessened as time passes..
The Rookies are stronger because they have more experience and absorb the data of the people they kill. And they also have cards for aid. Don't worry. That gets leveled after a while.
Also Riaku, I'm sure that some of the Adventure 02 plotholes relating to the movie make a lot more sence when three movies aren't edited together and shitloads of footage removed to meet time constraints
Actually the deleted scense are pretty pointless. The only thing cut off the third part of the movie is that the older kids are kidnapped by the bad guy and it takes them longer to reach their meeting point.

The Rookies are stronger because they have more experience and absorb the data of the people they kill. And they also have cards for aid. Don't worry. That gets leveled after a while.

I get that, but it's odd when Renamon who soloed a champion in one of the early episodes got its ass whooped by other champions, and in the episode I'm watching now Leomon more or less killed one of the Devas single handedly. Which considering how often the digimon at champion level got their asses whooped shouldn't happen.

Actually the deleted scense are pretty pointless. The only thing cut off the third part of the movie is that the older kids are kidnapped by the bad guy and it takes them longer to reach their meeting point.

Fair enough. Weren't there some plot modifications too though? But yeah, It's not really up for debate that 02 has major plotholes.

I get that, but it's odd when Renamon who soloed a champion in one of the early episodes got its ass whooped by other champions, and in the episode I'm watching now Leomon more or less killed one of the Devas single handedly. Which considering how often the digimon at champion level got their asses whooped shouldn't happen.

Renamon had become so powerful at the beginning that she was just simply so strong from all of the compiled data that she could easily defeat the weaker champion digimon but as they became more and more powerful she was forced to digivolve to compete. As for Leomon I believe that in the 3rd season he is similar to how Angemon was, a champion digimon with strength similar to that of an ultimate digimon even though the Deva that he happened to be fighting at the time was one of the weaker Devas just like the snake and rooster could be easily beaten by champion digimon.

In the 5th movie the 3 of them beat an alternate version of Apocalymon with their Ultimate forms. So yeah, they are unusually stronger than regular ones.

To be fair Malomyotismon is a second stage mega level, like ZeedMillennumon, Armagemon, Chaosmon, or Omnimon...

Of course he's going to be more powerful than MagnaAngemon; even Seraphimon (his evolved form) would have lost to Malomyotismon...

To be fair Malomyotismon is a second stage mega level, like ZeedMillennumon, Armagemon, Chaosmon, or Omnimon...

Of course he's going to be more powerful than MagnaAngemon; even Seraphimon (his evolved form) would have lost to Malomyotismon...
Come on. Two Armor and a Champion were pushing him around for a bit. Are you telling me Seraphimon and Magnadramon together wouldn't do the same damage WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon did? Probably worse given Myotismon was pure evil. Angel Digimon's bread and butter.

Come on. Two Armor and a Champion were pushing him around for a bit. Are you telling me Seraphimon and Magnadramon together wouldn't do the same damage WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon did? Probably worse given Myotismon was pure evil. Angel Digimon's bread and butter.

Together they definitely would have been able to do some damage, but I'm just talking about one on one.

Seraphimon is just an average Angel type mega; his power is less than someone like Dominimon or Goldramon, and Magnadramon is actually the weakest of the 4 Great Dragon Digimon (strongest being Megidramon by far.)

One on one they'd be crushed by Malomyotismon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back