Did the WWE Turn Their Backs on Beniot?

If in fact it was due to brain damage, then all you guys/girls cannot blame the guy. If he could not control his actions due to brain damage, then how is it inexcusable?

Who brought on the brain damage? Who is responsible for that brain damage?

Brain damage doesn't just appear like that. Everyone is responsible for their own actions.

he shouldnt be erased from anything he appeared in. thats too far. but i certainly would never promote his name ever again.

and malakas please stop listening to the hype. first off this whole brain damage thing ONLY came out because benoits family is fighting for his estate and thats the only thing they have to work with because its basically unprovable. his lawyer is stirring up all this brain damage crap.

plenty of people have brain damage/concussions and dont kill their wife, go swimming with his son, call friends, watch a ppv with his son and then murder him. then wrap the wifes body in a blanket and cord place a bible at her feet, one at his dead childs feet and then drink a bottle of wine before working out and killing yourself. thats a hell of alot of thinking, planning. not a flash reaction of rage.

if the brain damage was that bad then explain how he made his travel/hotel plans, showed up for work every week, performed well, never showed any signs of damage to any co-workers or family...

there will never be an explanation that makes everyone 'understand' something so sick but the brain damage/concussion theory is about as far as you can get from real truth. its a theory...a pop-science.

benoit should not be edited from shows tho nor should his hard knocks dvd be pulled from shelves...its like if bill gates murdered his family, everyone wouldnt stop selling Windows.

I think what Benoit did was not premeditated, well, at least with Nancy Benoit anyway. I think she said or did something that caused him to lose it and he couldn't stop himself. What happened with the kid was completely premeditated though. If I were WWE I'd be doing the exact same thing. They have enough negative publicity, and they are only trying to save their business. What Benoit did was sick, but I don't think it was steroids or brain damage, I think he was just deranged.

The man gave years and years to the company.. regardless of what ya'll think,I think he played a big part into getting the WWE where it is today. He is Hall of Fame material,but the murder will shadow his outstanding career. He's not remembered by many as probably the best technical wrestler ever anymore,he's though of as a murderer. Not condoning murder,hell no,but.. I can't see how the WWE can just outcast themselves from Benoit.. it's not right.

I don't think he should be erased from DVD's or be erased in the Championship sections on WWE.COM but saying that, they shouldn't promote his name and I don't think it would be a good thing to say his name on broadcast.

The man was "messed up" in the head. That shouldn't over shadow the past accomplishments of his career. Benoit did a whole lot for the business as a whole throughout his career, so he definitely shouldn't be stricken from history as if he never existed.

sorry to double post..but I also think kevin Sullivan did it anyway.

They should, he did it to himself, he could of controlled himself but he didn't. He was never gonna be champion so he went to Extreme Crappy Wrestling and would had been a jobber to the great CM Punk, lawls.

he gave his hole life to the company and his mind was so fucked up
what he did was wrong all the way but wwe did fuck him up
they treat good talent bad
look at taker, austin, the rock, orton, edge, jeff hardy
the good talent they just pissed away and now there ratings suck.
hhh is whatever cause hes vinces son n law
wwe needs to work on this

WWE didn't exactly turn their backs on Benoit. I think they just did what they thought the public would want. Benoit was disturbed and I think there was alot more going on than we'll probably ever know. What happened though reflects ultimately on Benoit the person...not Benoit the wrestler. I think that deleting him and doing everything they can to essentially erase the memory of him was a little drastic. 10 years from now, Benoit will still be remembered...but he will be remembered as a murderer and not as a wrestler and in some ways I think that is sad and unfortunate because he was talented.

He shouldn't be inducted into the Hall of Fame or anything, because you can't give a murderer an honor like that, no matter how good of a wrestler he was. However, I think erasing his matches from DVD's and the like is unnecessary. There are still fans who want to enjoy his matches, and they should be able to if they so choose. They have to realize that Benoit was a part of the WWE at one time, and erasing all of his matches from history isn't going to change that.

Look,my feeling is that while what Chris did was F'd-Up,I think the WWE should have at least stepped up and taken some responsibility for the strain they put on their wrestlers( which was probably a contributing factor in this tragedy)
Like I said in the beginning,I believe that had the WWE put in place a loop-hole free Wellness Policy & also focused on wrestlers psychological well being,this may have never happened.

The WWE turned their backs on Chris in a way.

While I agree that they should keep his name off T.V., pull his action figures off the racks along with his D.V.D Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story, and also not induct him in he Hall Of Fame. I do think they should keep his name in the record books.

If they take him out of the record books they will be rewriting history. The fact is he was the World Champ and a damn fine one at that. He was a great wrestler if not the best in this decade.

What happened on that fateful weekend we will honestly never know and a lot of us really dont want to. All we really know is that this was a man that needed help but as a wrestler was one of the best ever.

Keep him in the record books but keep him out of everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back