Did Primo impress anbody else?

Which is exactly what Primo shouldn't have done. It was Sin Cara's 1st match. No one should have be thinking about, let alone become impressed by, the glorified jobber with whom Cara happened to be sharing a ring with upon his big in-ring debut. What do we have here in Primo but a guy some people have admitted to not recalling was even still part of the active roster, "[dominating] Sin Cara" and "[making] him look weak". So I'm supposed to give a fuck about a guy who struggles to put down Primo Colon? Add in the botches and it's perfectly understandable why people behind the scenes weren't pleased. Granted, most casual viewers just saw the flips and shat brix *shrug* …

So you wanted a squash match from a 170 pounder? Good luck with that. Maybe you should go back to watching old tapes of WWF Wrestling Challenge for your fill of squashes.

It's sad that some folks are such sheep that they see only what the company tells them to see.

The fact is that Primo Colon has great in-ring ability and his struggles are more the result of the WWE's creative failings than his own fault. But Primo certainly has a lot of company in that boat, doesn't he?

Does it surprise me that the folks in the back 'weren't pleased'? Not from the folks who brought me the embarrassing dry-heave known as Wrestlemania 27. Not much I hear from the 'new WCW' surprises me. The company is a mess right now.

But hey, let them get rid of Primo and the few other guys quick enough to work with and put over their big investment. Then watch him struggle to do anything but hit-and-run highspots until he's sent back to Mexico.

Rey Mysterio needed the Chavo Guererros of the world and Sin Cara needs the Primo Colons of the world too.

Oh, brix were shat, I assure you. Did you fucking SEE that finish?

Anyway, no one will remember this match 6 months down the road....Primo worked well in the role becuase he is agile, a student of the game, and speaks spanish. No one has ever doubted his ability to work in the ring, its everything ELSE about him that is shit.

That was all, and I doubt it will be much of if any upgrade for him.

Primo has indeed impressed me. His was one of the stand out performances at the last house show I went to see. He can be incredibly entertaining in the ring. He was not going to do too much of that against Sin Cara as he was firmly set in his role as the heel but it is something that I think should be explored further by WWE.

As for the clamouring for a more decisive victory from Sin Cara, I fail to see what more could have been done apart from the mistake at the end. Primo had to go on the offensive to up the tempo and give Sin Cara the momentum to show off his high flying moves, most of which are based on countering.

Asking Sin Cara to squash someone is like asking Rey Mysterio to do the same.

Out of all of Primo's matches this year, this is the one that gets the most praise? What about all his good stuff on Superstars tagging with Zack Ryder or melting ice caps as the hot tag? Oy.

Honestly, who else could they put in the spot? Lucha is a style in which both guys have to be on point or it looks like total shit. It is also a style that almost everyone on the roster isn't trained to do. It isn't that I wasn't impressed with the match, it just wasn't my cup of tea. If all Sin Cara is going to do is counter shit for 10 minutes then he is really the replacement for Rey.. But that is a rant for another thread.

So, Primo gets a little submission in to try to make it 5% less spotty and all of the sudden he is selfish?

I think Primo has talent and is being overlooked but so has trent barreta, curt hawkins, yoshi tatsu and i could go on. This may be his big break but i doubt, they made primo put up a good fight to make sin cara fight through it and make him look tougher in the ring. I am not being mean, just straight to the point.

I have always been a huge fan of primo and carlito. Primo is the new version of chavo. AN excellent wrestler who can be a high flyer and can actually talk a little bit. But has been stuck in jobber hell so long that no one would believe a push for him. A former tag champ who was part of the best tag team in recent memory until they ran into jericho and edge. I would love for wwe to put Primo with a guy like Alberto del rio or dibase and start domintaing the tag team ranks because lets be honest....santino and kozlov are just god awful....and what happened to the uso's? Hart dynasty? Cryme Time? lets get that tag team ranks together wwe.

Primo did a really good job on Raw. I loved seeing primo get onto Raw and broadcast his talent. He and Sin Cara did a great job.

Primo did a great job at making Cara look as good as a guy with such marginal skills can possibly do. Primo is pretty bland, but he's a solid wrestler to make a guy with an awesome skillset look good. Don't see how this is anything other than an adequate Primo performance.

Oh, and the reason it wasnt' a true squash was because spotters doing squashes just looks like a gymnastics routine. American audiences only give a shit about spectacular spots if they're a part of a comeback. If you just do it to do it, not out of some despirate spontanaity to pull out the win, it looks fake as hell. The match was perfect to showcase cara. it was 6ish minutes, so Cara never looked like he was going to lose. He was a decent face in peril, his comeback was good, and he was crisp minus his hesitant finish and fucking up by pulling a take 2 after primos botch.

Impressed? Nah. I'm not impressed by Primo, because other than his quickness in the ring, he doesn't add much to the table in terms of moves. It's just generic drop kicks and basic aerial moves. I do think he has talent in making his opponents look good, and I didn't mind him as a Unified Tag Team Champion with his brother a while back. He's kind of fallen off the map since then though. His exposure on Superstars just isn't enough for people to actually acknowledge him on the bigger shows. He also lacks the charisma and uniqueness of his brother Carlito. He'd have to improve his overall attributes before he can impress me. Perhaps if there's another match between Primo and Sin Cara down the line, then he might have the opportunity to shine a bit more.

I have always been a huge fan of primo and carlito. Primo is the new version of chavo. AN excellent wrestler who can be a high flyer and can actually talk a little bit. But has been stuck in jobber hell so long that no one would believe a push for him. A former tag champ who was part of the best tag team in recent memory until they ran into jericho and edge. I would love for wwe to put Primo with a guy like Alberto del rio or dibase and start domintaing the tag team ranks because lets be honest....santino and kozlov are just god awful....and what happened to the uso's? Hart dynasty? Cryme Time? lets get that tag team ranks together wwe.

Both Hart Dynasty & Cryme time broke up with one cryme time gone over to TNA.
Back on topic, I think Sin cara didn't know what to expect in his first match, i think Cara thought Primo was a push over but he was wrong at the start cara spend most of the time on the floor and it didnt look apart of the match to me. Cara needs to do what Cena does and aim for the bottom rope for his ring entrance.
If Primo does get his walking papers i don't think TNA would hire him as he is too small for the larger guys on that show like Dreamer RVD etc.

Primo Colon is a better wrestler than his brother, and I for one was thinking during the match that he looked better than what WWE usually make him look like. He's squashed on Superstars regualrly, but this could be an indication that he'll be getting something in time to come.

The match itself, though, was practiced numerous times during WWE house shows over the past three weeks. Primo faced off against Sin and lost everytime, although usuallly not to the Flux Capactor and instead to the Hurracinrana Armbreaker, or La Mistica. That seemed to be a last minute change, as he wasn't prepared to do the Top Rope C4.

It was a good match though, and a solid debut, and Vince should realize that people are enjoying watching Mistico and that he should be happy, instead of complaining because Mistico's boot clips the top rope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back