• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did I miss some of the change on TNA IMPACT last night?

dwith

Pre-Show Stalwart
I watched the whole show intently last night which I thought was a good show. Now Dixie had tweeted some of the change would be noticable on Impact, but I didn't see much of anything.

The only thing to me that was noticable is that the Impact show ideally was a smooth show, and consistant which would tell me that the former WWE producer is working on the show as a whole.

I DO NOT WANT THIS THREAD A HATE THREAD ABOUT HOW TNA SUCKS BLAAA, BLAAA, BLAAA CRAP.

So did anyone notice anything that changed during the show?

I wondered the same thing, and the only thing I could figure out was that it was a LIVE show. It makes sense from Dixie's comments about her budget as live TV is more expensive to produce, get permits for, and the additional cost of having the guys come in weekly as opposed to taping 2-3 weeks worth of shows in three days.

The question now will be if having the show "live" actually helped ratings. We certainly saw some downside (the awful Shore debut), so hopefully it paid off with more viewers in the absence of spoilers.

3 new roster arrivals, a promo from the new Knockout Overseer, a video about Hogan being in surgery, some odd deal with Bischoff having some level of control over Abyss, a little more light shed on the Deception angle, live broadcasting, a fair few new things this week actually. I mean really she said it'd "start to unveil", everything important will be done at BFG.

Dixie recanted her statement a bit a few weeks back saying that the "change wrestling forever" bit, or whatever it was verbatim was a bit over-the-top, and that perhaps she should have chosen her words more carefully (had she known the testy IWC smarks would get so butt hurt over it not being the greatest thing since sliced bread).

That said, there was plenty of change — namely James' début and the "termination papers" signed by Carter that will "fire" Abyss as of 12:01am following his match with RVD at Bound For Glory.

the shore debut was kind of odd but come on you know WWE was bound to do it soon. I didnt see any change at all? I now wonder if abyss had the battle royal why not just have him win? it would have played into his getting fired storyline well plus gave him major heat. i dont like the fact angle won it should have been some1 unpredictable anyways the angle with bishoff,pope sting and nash had those 3 guys lookin stupid. LOL

Wait i just want to add one more thing

I have figured out who "THEY" really is its obviously HOGAN AND ERIC Bishoff i mean seriously he gave abyss his way and kept him from getting fired and probably wont let him be fired at BFG. Though hogan is not in the picture anymore THEY is just E.B. because he does sort of have a problem with dixie carter so its him

Dixie recanted her statement a bit a few weeks back saying that the "change wrestling forever" bit, or whatever it was verbatim was a bit over-the-top, and that perhaps she should have chosen her words more carefully (had she known the testy IWC smarks would get so butt hurt over it not being the greatest thing since sliced bread).

That said, there was plenty of change — namely James' début and the "termination papers" signed by Carter that will "fire" Abyss as of 12:01am following his match with RVD at Bound For Glory.
That's a pretty low bar for 'change forever'. Slag on the "IWC smarks" all you'd like, but the TNA diehards are just as bad in the opposite direction. On the one hand, it's "well, she took it back", followed immediately by a defense of how things changed by bringing in another WWE reject (if you don't like the term, that's fine, people will stop using it when TNA stops signing wrestlers 90 days after they're released from WWE) and the advancing of plotlines. Professional wrestling changes forever every week in that case.

Much like Samoa Joe's kidnappers, the TNA diehards need to accept that sometimes, Dixie Carter opens her mouth just a little too far and writes checks she's not able to cash.

That being said, viewing last night's Impact outside of the lens of "how does this change wrestling forever", it was actually a pretty good show. I was disappointed that, for a show who's purpose was to build for the upcoming PPV, that so many matches had definitive, sudden endings; no high spots to end matches, no false finishes. The whole Abyss thing still doesn't do it for me, but once the show was past the first fifteen minutes, it was quite enjoyable. I'm shocked that I liked the Flair/Foley match; any time the combined age of the wrestlers in the ring is above 100, it's usually a recipe for failure, but they actually had a decent match in a style that's usually outside of Flair's ken. (Although the finish... ugh. Props for Flair doing the Flair Flop face first onto the tacks; big minuses for having a spotfest of a match, and ending it without a high spot.)

It's been a long time since I've watched an Impact without feeling like it was a chore to get through. (Except for that Orlando Jordan business. Ugh, it's gotten worse than the Eugene gimmick.) A rare thumbs up to TNA from me; every once in a while, they can put on a legitimately good show without having to rely on cheesy writer's tricks.

That's a pretty low bar for 'change forever'. Slag on the "IWC smarks" all you'd like, but the TNA diehards are just as bad in the opposite direction. On the one hand, it's "well, she took it back", followed immediately by a defense of how things changed by bringing in another WWE reject (if you don't like the term, that's fine, people will stop using it when TNA stops signing wrestlers 90 days after they're released from WWE) and the advancing of plotlines. Professional wrestling changes forever every week in that case.

Much like Samoa Joe's kidnappers, the TNA diehards need to accept that sometimes, Dixie Carter opens her mouth just a little too far and writes checks she's not able to cash.

That being said, viewing last night's Impact outside of the lens of "how does this change wrestling forever", it was actually a pretty good show. I was disappointed that, for a show who's purpose was to build for the upcoming PPV, that so many matches had definitive, sudden endings; no high spots to end matches, no false finishes. The whole Abyss thing still doesn't do it for me, but once the show was past the first fifteen minutes, it was quite enjoyable. I'm shocked that I liked the Flair/Foley match; any time the combined age of the wrestlers in the ring is above 100, it's usually a recipe for failure, but they actually had a decent match in a style that's usually outside of Flair's ken. (Although the finish... ugh. Props for Flair doing the Flair Flop face first onto the tacks; big minuses for having a spotfest of a match, and ending it without a high spot.)

It's been a long time since I've watched an Impact without feeling like it was a chore to get through. (Except for that Orlando Jordan business. Ugh, it's gotten worse than the Eugene gimmick.) A rare thumbs up to TNA from me; every once in a while, they can put on a legitimately good show without having to rely on cheesy writer's tricks.

Yeah, god forbid she hype her own company and try to build intrigue heading into the biggest PPV in company history, and their biggest PPV of the year. What the fuck use is that?

Maybe next time she should just tweet something more like "Thanks for watching TNA guys. Be sure to watch this Thursday since something will happen that'll marginally affect the landscape of TNA and professional wrestling forever.". :rolleyes:

Or, better yet, maybe the IWC smarks need to wear panties that fit so they don't bunch up and give them that uncomfortable rash every time something happens that they don't like.

Hmmm, not sure what changed TNA forever last night but it was a pretty decent show. The opening scene ran too long and the Shore segment was a pretty lame knockoff of the Jersey Shore.

Somehow, I see the waiver Dixie signed to allow Abyss to wrestle Sunday turning out to be her termination papers or a resignation of her power to Bischoff in a swerve. Should be interesting!!!

Last night's Impact revealed everything for the "They" storyline...

BFG Handicap Match (Nash, Sting, Pope vs. Jarrett and Joe)
Hogan comes out right when it looks like all is lost for Jarrett and Joe. Hogan and Sting will go nose to nose, but instead of fighting, they will hug. Hulk, Sting, Nash and Pope turn and kick the crap out of Jarrett and Joe.

This brings out Angle, Anderson and Hardy who try to help.

This brings out Abyss who sides with Hogan, Nash, Sting and Pope.

This brings out RVD to battle Abyss.

PPV ends with a huge slobberknocker and Bischoff tearing up Abyss' termination papers and yelling at Dixie Carter.

That is just one man's opinion
Chris

To the OP:

"SMOOTH SHOW" IS NOT A SHOW THAT ENDS INCREDIBLY EARLY AND LEAVES YOU ON A SUDDEN CLIFFHANGER ENDING. THIS IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT A "SMOOTH SHOW" IS.

Apparently this is their way of trying to FORCE us to watch TNA Reaction. Nope. Not watching. 2 hours is already 1 hour too much for a week's episode of iMPACT. Cut out most of the backstage bullshit and stupid filler trash, and you have a smooth iMPACT. This week's episode was no different from any other week's episode, marked only by the sudden ending mid-match, just like last week.

Incredibly sleazy move to try to get us to watch their terrible show Reaction.

i think they also tried to incorporate the Reaction style of backstage stuff into the show as well... that was the only thing I really noticed.. as for MJ's appearance.. wow that was not even CLOSE to as cool as Lex Lugers though it tried for the same effect... still good to see her back in wrestling though. Anyone else curious whether Anderson was selling that injury to his leg at the end of the show or if he really did get injured yet again

I'd say the show was better than it has. Although, there yet again, was no x-division match. Not as much talking as there has been recently. That robbie shore guy arrival sucked, it was a big waste of time. They could have at least had someone interrupt him and start something so it wasnt such a huge waste of tv time. It was nice to see Mickie James return. A decent show in all.

The freakin' problem is TNA OVERHYPES everything! Did anyone catch the Dudleys promo? Now they are going to do something to change the tag team division FOREVER! WTF? When you hype something this much, and you don't deliver, people get pissed. I think this is the reason TNA can not get over that 1.2 rating. The never deliver on their promises.:wtf:

Wait i just want to add one more thing

I have figured out who "THEY" really is its obviously HOGAN AND ERIC Bishoff i mean seriously he gave abyss his way and kept him from getting fired and probably wont let him be fired at BFG. Though hogan is not in the picture anymore THEY is just E.B. because he does sort of have a problem with dixie carter so its him

No you didn't miss anything and dude Bischoff didn't give Abyss his way but gave RVD his, I think Bischoff was really goin to fire Abyss before the 5 Star Residential Stoner" Rob van Dam interrupted him and told Bischoff to let him fight him at BFG Sunday then Fire him at 12:01 am mon so he could finish the feud. I hope this is a way to take Abyss off of TV for a lil bit and have him come back repackaged. Now we wait til Sunday to find out what happens.

Personally, the only change in the show that I saw was the interviews from other locations... They showed Dreamer and Rhino in Philly, Foley in Baltimore, Lethal in Jersey, and 3D in Times Square...

I just hope they didn't give everything away... They had Dixie sign those papers that made it look obvious that Bischoff set her up and they made it look like Eric has control over Abyss... I really hope that is just to trick us and they have a better plan than an Eric Bischoff and Hogan turn...

Here is some interesting things to chew on. Maybe i'm reading too much into this, but here is what I think was the noticeable change. Bischoff has some sort of control over Abyss, because Bischoff IS part of "them" (I know obvious), but the termination papers were NOT termination papers, but he duped Dixie in to signing over control to HIM. This will all be revealed at BFG. Somoa Joe is in the know since his abduction a few months back, but all the other wrestlers who sided with Bischoff and Hogan will be shocked. Any thoughts?

Despite all the debuts from new "superstars". I am going with the fact Dixie signed the release papers for Abyss. Or did she?

I think this is the beginning of the Bischoff/Hogan turn. I believe Bischoff actually got Dixie to sign her own release papers and sign over control to Bischoff and Hogan. Hence this being the beginning of the change for TNA.
This also links well with the deception storyline that NAsh and Sting have been waffling about for months. (Never trust Bischoff or Hogan)

I think the final turn will be Jarrett joining forces with Hogan and Bischoff to get control of the company he started.

The change is who has control over TNA. 12.01 Dixie is off our screens

Kudos to JCool - we were thinking the same thing

This just shows how bad TNA really is. Bound for Glory is supposed to be there best PPV of the year and equilvent to WrestleMania. How many matches do they have.....6? Hahahahahahahaha. Ya im pretty sure you need more than 6 matches at your biggest PPV of the year, WWE always has 8 MINIMUM when it comes to WM each year. TNA Blows!

This just shows how bad TNA really is. Bound for Glory is supposed to be there best PPV of the year and equilvent to WrestleMania. How many matches do they have.....6? Hahahahahahahaha. Ya im pretty sure you need more than 6 matches at your biggest PPV of the year, WWE always has 8 MINIMUM when it comes to WM each year. TNA Blows!

* Ink Inc. (Neal and Moore) vs. Orlando Jordan and Eric Young
* Kevin Nash, Sting and The Pope vs. Jeff Jarrett and Samoa Joe
* MONSTERS BALL: Abyss vs. RVD
* LETHAL LOCKDOWN: EV2.0 vs. Fourtune
* TNA X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH: Jay Lethal © vs. Douglas Williams
* TNA KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH: Angelina Love © vs. Velvet Sky vs. Madison Rayne vs. Tara (With Mickie James As Special Referee)
* TNA TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: The Motor City Machineguns © vs. Generation Me
* FOR THE VACANT TNA TITLE: Kurt Angle vs. Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy

8 matches - learn to count Dick!!
Having said that - what the fuck is that tag match with Ink Inc all about. I want London Towers

The freakin' problem is TNA OVERHYPES everything! Did anyone catch the Dudleys promo? Now they are going to do something to change the tag team division FOREVER! WTF? When you hype something this much, and you don't deliver, people get pissed. I think this is the reason TNA can not get over that 1.2 rating. The never deliver on their promises.:wtf:

How was that overhyped? They are the biggest tag team in the business. If they have an announcement then it does effect the tag team division.

Dixie never once said Change is happening on Oct. 7th. She said it will happen during the weeks and months. You can't blame her for everyone's lack of reading comprehension.

Umm No. They don't get over a 1.2 rating because they're on Spike TV. Why you do guys love talking out of your backside?

UFC draws the same ratings TNA does. And they are bigger.

Yeah, god forbid she hype her own company and try to build intrigue heading into the biggest PPV in company history, and their biggest PPV of the year. What the fuck use is that?

Maybe next time she should just tweet something more like "Thanks for watching TNA guys. Be sure to watch this Thursday since something will happen that'll marginally affect the landscape of TNA and professional wrestling forever.". :rolleyes:

Or, better yet, maybe the IWC smarks need to wear panties that fit so they don't bunch up and give them that uncomfortable rash every time something happens that they don't like.
Right, my idea was to have her answer in a completely contrarian manner focusing on the perceived negative aspects of her company. This kind of shit is exactly what I was talking about when I referred to TNA diehards- with you folks, if it isn't an overwhelmingly positive review of the company, you leap down the poster's throat and leap right for the 'ridiculous comparison' button.

In a business based entirely around audience perception, it's ironic that you blame the audience for how they respond to what they're given by TNA management. It's not Dixie's fault for overhyping something; it's the audience's fault for misinterpreting it. If people don't see things in your fashion, well, they must just have their panties in a bunch over it.

What business school did you learn this logic from?

I never said Dixie shouldn't promote her shows. I said that she writes checks that she's unable to cash. There is a pretty widespread perception that TNA often makes vague promises that they don't deliver on. It's like promising someone a steak dinner, then taking them out to McDonald's. They both have beef, right? If you're going to promise "change forever", you deliver. That's a weighty phrase. But God forbid someone says Dixie wasn't much good at PR for most of this year. It's obviously the audience's fault, not the people saying these things.

And, much like most of the TNA cast members on these boards, you completely gloss over my positive review of last night's Impact (which I start off even mentioning that it needs to be viewed outside of the lens of "change forever", and was the majority of my post) in order to focus on my mention that Dixie Carter overhypes and leaves much of her audience wanting. Then- and I mention it yet again, because of how absolutely bizarre the logic is- you blame the audience for responding to the stuff she says.

The "IWC smarks" certainly find their share of things to nitpick over that are totally inconsequential. But you don't see that you are just as bad in the opposite direction. You're so defensive about the product that you're unwilling to admit where its flaws are.

OK someone posted it on youtube last night and I agree. At one point Bischoff approached Dixie with papers asking for a signiture which were as she thought for abyss' departure, we all know this isn't going to happen which means Bischoof handed her something else that required her signiture. It's very subtle I know but if you've a keen eye you'd notice this is the beginning of the hogan/bischoff turn

Am I the only one who thinks this change is 1. not something we are going to see right away and 2. something that will be more of a backstage thing? Didn't Bruce Prichard join TNA last night? If you ask me that is changing. Like I have said before I think this whole change thing is going to be more of a backstage thing with little change to stuff that is on tv.

Am I the only one that thinks it's completely obvious what she is talking about? Her words were that I talked about TNA changing forever and those changes will start on October 7th. Am I wrong? So my thoughts are......is this just the beginning of a live Impact event, the Thursday before the PPV? It seems to me like this would be an obvious answer that no one is talking about. I think this would be perfect. Tape the 3 to 4 Impacts like you normally do, then have the "go home" Impact before the PPV go live. This way you spike ratings and can keep surprises. That's what I've thought she was referring to all along. Then again I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back