TNA Taking iMPACT! on the Road

A little update from PWInsider.

To follow up Mike Johnson's story from last night, TNA will do Impact on Thursday 2/24 in Fayetteville, NC at The Crown Center. It will be a live episode.

This is even better. Not only is it in another arena, but it's also Live. This should be interesting.

I'm youtubing that arena to see how big it is, and it is definitely a decent size. I could see them drawing well due to Flair, Jeff Hardy, and Matt Hardy. Among all the other well known talent they have. Like someone said, finally having all the well known talent that tons of people bitch about will pay off. I can't wait for this. I really hope this is the start of taking 1 impact on the road a month. This is a great start to getting them on the road full time. The next big step for TNA is happening :)

If they do plan on doing more shows on the road, I hope they remember the city that allowed them to broadcast their early PPVs. Hey TNA come back to Huntsville!!

It's about time.... It's what everyone has been waiting for!!! But you never know how many they will tape outside of the Florida.. Like back in 2008, when they were renovating the iMPACT Zone.. they went to Las Vegas for a few weeks.. this won't be a permanent thing.. I don't think it will be.. but as long as they go on the road for a few weeks or maybe months.. its defo a good thing..

It should be a great crowd for TNA. I just hope that the ticket sales are there. I think booking a live Impact in North Carolina can do wonders for TNA, especially if Flair and Hardy can make an appearance. I don't think this will be a regular weekly deal, but I hope TNA gets a good audience and a good crowd reaction for television. Maybe we can see Impact taken on the road on a semi regular basis in the future if the money is there. It is getting to the point now that I would rather watch Impact at a little league baseball field then have to see it in the same boring lifeless Impact zone.

It's not going to be a one time thing and it's not live.

From Wrestling Observer :

Quote:
A few notes on the upcoming TNA television situation:
The 2/24 show in Fayetteville will not be a live show, but a taping for 3/3 and 3/10. They will be taping the 2/17 and 2/24 episodes of Impact on 2/14 and 2/15 in Orlando.

The plans right now, depending on how they go, is for them to both do tapings in Orlando and on the road from this point forward, with maybe 8-10 road tapings for the rest of 2011.

I like this idea. The only thing they should change is to make all Xplosion and non IMPACT matches take place in Orlando. Certain promos or film segments could be done in Orlando as well.

PPVs and Impact shows should be on the road. By later this year they should do all shows on the road live.

Personally I always thought they should take it on the road to a few locations around the USA every few months e.g. some Impacts in New York, Orlando, Boston and alternate locations. I thought they could have done something where they taped some Impacts in Orlando and some at the Asylum (which is gone now)

I still say the Manhattan Center in New York City would be absolutely ideal for them to try to set up shop in as a means of trying to establish a heavy New York/north east crowd/following.

I caught them at Webster Hall years back and the place was absolutely packed for a house show, and they draw very well, very regularly in Long Island, often setting up shows in Westbury that sell out from what I understand.

I understand their southern roots, and I don't blame them for harping on that a bit, but branching north would really open things up, IMO.

It's not going to be a one time thing and it's not live.

I like this idea. The only thing they should change is to make all Xplosion and non IMPACT matches take place in Orlando. Certain promos or film segments could be done in Orlando as well.

PPVs and Impact shows should be on the road. By later this year they should do all shows on the road live.

I am assuming it will go like this. When ever they travel out of the Impact Zone to tape a show they will tape 2 shows per night while there. If they do that 10 times they are looking at showing the audience on TV 20 weeks worth of Impacts out of the Impact zone. I think for their PPV's they should do this. I don't know why people are worried about attendance. If they just work the buildings they have been for house shows they will be fine.

Since this taping of iMPACT is going to be in 19 days I thought I'd give an updated on whats going on. Heres a pic of the seating plan from Ticketmaster.

37091s_a.gif

The arena holds any where between 8,000 and 8500 people since they decided that to cut the seating in half as the picture shows. It can hold anywhere between 4000-4250 people. According to ticket master the 60$ seats are sold out so are the 40$ seats so the only seats available are for 29$ with so little tickets available it seems that there will be around 3,000 4,000 people in attendance. I'm Very surprised at how well tickets have sold in such short notice and with 19 days left till the show, if tickets keep selling as fast as they have they may need to change the seating plan to allow for people to attend.

Since this taping of iMPACT is going to be in 19 days I thought I'd give an updated on whats going on. Heres a pic of the seating plan from Ticketmaster.

37091s_a.gif

The arena holds any where between 8,000 and 8500 people since they decided that to cut the seating in half as the picture shows. It can hold anywhere between 4000-4250 people. According to ticket master the 60$ seats are sold out so are the 40$ seats so the only seats available are for 29$ with so little tickets available it seems that there will be around 3,000 4,000 people in attendance. I'm Very surprised at how well tickets have sold in such short notice and with 19 days left till the show, if tickets keep selling as fast as they have they may need to change the seating plan to allow for people to attend.

Wow. When I checked the other day, they still had a pretty sizeable number of floor seats left. They've must've sold a lot of seats within the last couple of days.

I think they'll be quite happy if they can get 3,500-4,000 people for the taping.

37091s_a.gif

So out of curiosity i had looked up this arena today and was gonna start a thread about Impact being on the road when i found this thread already existed. When i was on the tickmaster site i was actually dissapointed to see that the arena was being cut in half for the show, i guess i was figuring that the goal would be to fill an arena.

After doing some research i came upon the fact that the Impact Zone only holds about 1300 people at max capacity. The Crown Coliseum is listed as a 10,000 seat arena on their website. Now if that listing is fixed seating and doesn't include seating on the floor it means that cutting it in half would be 5,000 plus floor seating probably putt ing it up to aroun seating for 5,500 people..

I was thinking cutting the arena in half would make it come off bad on t.v but thinking about it your looking at a crowd 4 to 5 times the size of the crowd in the Impact Zone. If they could sell just 80% of the seats it will still come off much better than the Impact Zone.

If what i've read is accurate then they planned on taping 2 episodes of Impact that evening. So if the event is successful and they decide to tape once a month out of Orlando and hold at least half their PPV outside Orlando the profit that can be brought in should be huge. It would also allow 2 episodes of Impact every month not taking place in the Impact Zone.

A lot of people have mentioned how most of the talent in TNA is there for the lighter work and travel schedule, yet most of those talents don't live in Orlando and have to travel there twice a month for 2 days of tapings each time. So in theory if you tape 2 episodes of Impact on one night out on the road somewhere your actually giving the talent an extra day off every month. So I can't see there being any actual complaints from the talent about it being an extra work load.

The bigger crowd can do nothing but wonders for TNA at this point. It should come across much better on TV. The company will be bringing in money not only from ticket sales but merch sales as well. I can't see their merch sales being great in Orlando when 3/4 of the crowd are the same people every week.

The big question is will this help in their ratings???? I think only time will tell in that case. Initially there may be no change, Its still gonna be a taping so spoilers are still gonna be available on the show and i think that is one of TNA's biggest ratings killers. However some fans who read spoilers but don't watch the show are probably gonna be interested how it comes across with a bigger crowd and finally a different crowd. If done right you should see a possible rise in the ratings.

Now also being on the road for Impact is your chance to draw in new fans. Lets say 1 guy is a TNA fan and his 4 friends are wrestling fans but more prone to watching WWE. However, he has them come out to see TNA they like what they see and start tuning every week to see it. Now the next time TNA comes around each of the 4 friends brings 2 of their friends with them to see. As long as the product is entertaining this should lead to a huge growth for TNA.

In the long run i think this is nothing but good for TNA. As long as they can sell the tickets they need to sell to start off eventually it'll lead to growth both financially and in popularity. If they can't sell in the areas they start of in then we may be seeing the end of TNA. Impact right now is watch in the area of a million viewers every week which i can't see that being bad for any company to know that many people tune into your programming. Sure its nothing compared to WWE, but it could be possible that if all goes well with this it could increase viewership to maybe getting 2.0 in a year or so.

Only time will tell but for TNA's stake if they want to make money instead of going out of business the time is now or never.

I still say the Manhattan Center in New York City would be absolutely ideal for them to try to set up shop in as a means of trying to establish a heavy New York/north east crowd/following.

I caught them at Webster Hall years back and the place was absolutely packed for a house show, and they draw very well, very regularly in Long Island, often setting up shows in Westbury that sell out from what I understand.

I understand their southern roots, and I don't blame them for harping on that a bit, but branching north would really open things up, IMO.

Yeah MNR from 1993-1997 was at the Manhattan Center. I agree they should have shows in NYC, Philly, Boston, Chicago, ect.

It is about fucking time! I will let you in on the biggest weakness with TNA, in this onlookers eyes anyway... The crowd is dull and unresponsive to what TNA are trying to accomplish and it is time to move on.

Now, I know that thought will not be popular but it is becoming increasingly true. I know that the Impact fans have been very loyal to TNA but there is no denying that the Impact Zone is not big enough for the aspirations of TNA. If TNA wants to become more than a glorified Indy promotion, then they need to start putting themselves around as much as they possibly can. People want to see them go to different states and countries and it would only be a good thing if the fan base can be increased for TNA. Right now, it just seems as though they are happy to entertain the same people week in and week out. For me, the fans at the Impact Zone have become spoiled and think that TNA cannot exist without them. That needs to stop.

That being said, it is also a good idea to move in a resolutely financial sense. The Impact Zone seats just over a thousand people, right? Moving on from the Impact Zone might mean increased capacities at their events. I mean, I am not expecting them to be able to bring in the crowds that the WWE are pulling in at a constant rate but who knows how many more people TNA could seat at any one of their events if they move on to bigger venues? More filled seats means more gate money and more gate money means more money to invest back into the company. Who knows, it might bring in a whole new fan base into TNA, if they play their cards right.

I honestly think that this move is a bright idea on the part of TNA. The fans that have lined the Impact Zone for the last few years might be upset because they feel like a part of the TNA family but they need to accept that TNA is bigger than they are and that is that.

It is about fucking time! I will let you in on the biggest weakness with TNA, in this onlookers eyes anyway... The crowd is dull and unresponsive to what TNA are trying to accomplish and it is time to move on.

Now, I know that thought will not be popular but it is becoming increasingly true. I know that the Impact fans have been very loyal to TNA but there is no denying that the Impact Zone is not big enough for the aspirations of TNA. If TNA wants to become more than a glorified Indy promotion, then they need to start putting themselves around as much as they possibly can. People want to see them go to different states and countries and it would only be a good thing if the fan base can be increased for TNA. Right now, it just seems as though they are happy to entertain the same people week in and week out. For me, the fans at the Impact Zone have become spoiled and think that TNA cannot exist without them. That needs to stop.

It truely is sad. I used to come on these forums and watch how people bashed on TNA left and right for every little thing. Now lately while there are still those that want to come on and just talk about how horrible TNA is and in honesty it seems that they just have nothing better to do with their time cause if you don't like it then don't watch it and don't talk about it. its not the hardest thing to do.

However back to my point, I've seen alot less overall bashing and lately it seems to be any negativity is always pointed in the direction of the Impact Zone crowd. And its true. They are spoiled. As long as they get there early enough its the same people in there every week. At this point while i'm sure TNA respects their loyalty its time to grow as a company. Could you imagine if WCW aired Nitro from the PowerPlant every week. Do you really think they would of gotten as far as they did if they stayed in a soundstage.

TNA could still film Xplosion there and try to get it to air on a different night of the week for everyone to see as a way of saying thank you Orlando but at this point Impact is their staple show and its time for it to grow up a bit.

It truely is sad. I used to come on these forums and watch how people bashed on TNA left and right for every little thing. Now lately while there are still those that want to come on and just talk about how horrible TNA is and in honesty it seems that they just have nothing better to do with their time cause if you don't like it then don't watch it and don't talk about it. its not the hardest thing to do.

However back to my point, I've seen alot less overall bashing and lately it seems to be any negativity is always pointed in the direction of the Impact Zone crowd. And its true. They are spoiled. As long as they get there early enough its the same people in there every week. At this point while i'm sure TNA respects their loyalty its time to grow as a company. Could you imagine if WCW aired Nitro from the PowerPlant every week. Do you really think they would of gotten as far as they did if they stayed in a soundstage.

TNA could still film Xplosion there and try to get it to air on a different night of the week for everyone to see as a way of saying thank you Orlando but at this point Impact is their staple show and its time for it to grow up a bit.

You have the wrong idea about my motives, brother! Let me tell you that.

Over the last couple of months, I have managed to get back into TNA after they made fuck-up after fuck-up when it came to booking. I will be the first to admit that I hated the product a year ago and it took a lot for them to reel me back in and keep my interest. The fact that you think I was "bashing" TNA is so far off base that you might as well be talking about something completely different.

If you cannot follow my full post and read what I am saying, then don't bother complaining about what I am saying. I do not bash things that are not true. What I do, however, is point out ways that TNA can improve and as someone who was on the outside looking in for so long, I can see those flaws better than most now that I have started watching regularly. One of the main problems with TNA is that the crowd seem pretty dead throughout the show and at regular intervals. You can debate this all you like but it is true of any wrestling promotion in the world and it will only serve ot make you look like a blind fool.

Varying the crowds and getting people excited that TNA is coming to your town is a very easy way of getting people into what you are peddling and TNA need to start taking advantage of that. People want to see TNA come to their town and that should encourage Dixie Carter and her associates. So, before you go off on one at me for “bashing” TNA and the Impact Zone, you ought to think about the fact that TNA are moving on regardless of what I am saying and they must feel the same fucking way.

You have the wrong idea about my motives, brother! Let me tell you that.

Over the last couple of months, I have managed to get back into TNA after they made fuck-up after fuck-up when it came to booking. I will be the first to admit that I hated the product a year ago and it took a lot for them to reel me back in and keep my interest. The fact that you think I was "bashing" TNA is so far off base that you might as well be talking about something completely different.

If you cannot follow my full post and read what I am saying, then don't bother complaining about what I am saying. I do not bash things that are not true. What I do, however, is point out ways that TNA can improve and as someone who was on the outside looking in for so long, I can see those flaws better than most now that I have started watching regularly. One of the main problems with TNA is that the crowd seem pretty dead throughout the show and at regular intervals. You can debate this all you like but it is true of any wrestling promotion in the world and it will only serve ot make you look like a blind fool.

Varying the crowds and getting people excited that TNA is coming to your town is a very easy way of getting people into what you are peddling and TNA need to start taking advantage of that. People want to see TNA come to their town and that should encourage Dixie Carter and her associates. So, before you go off on one at me for “bashing” TNA and the Impact Zone, you ought to think about the fact that TNA are moving on regardless of what I am saying and they must feel the same fucking way.

I'm not questioning your motives. i was agreeing with what you had said. I'm not pointing a finger at you or anyone else as a TNA basher and that was just a general comment. There are a lot of people on these forums that do that but i in no way said you were one of them. I agree with 100% of what you were saying and i apolgize if you thought they were directed at you personally.

However you also proved my point in the fact that it seems that over the past few months people in the IWC have come to like TNA's product more but that the crowd is still the negative aspect. And i agree that this is their way to grow more is to get out of the Impact Zone and away from the spoiled fans their and their true fans that have been waiting for this to happen

I can't wait for this. I live in Asheville NC and will be making the 4 hour drive with my GF to go. Last event I went to was Slammiversary last year and I bought the 200 dollar VIP package. I didn't think tickets would sell that fast so I waited a bit and now I am in section 117. The tickets were the 29 dollar ones. I know they have run a few house shows there, but I don't know what their average attendance is in that place. It should be a great time.

If TNA does do this, or this could just be a rumor.. If this does happen it could mean the very best of TNA to get more exposure and a different adience, The Impact Zone! in Orlando is getting awfully stale, and being in another city feels fresh, it feels different and you always get a different crowd reaction, so yeah i think it would be a great move for TNA to hit the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back