Del Rio making a possible return?

Anyone who's character has gotten boring is the fault of WWE.

There are a ton of guys like: Orton, Big Show, Sheamus, Mark Henry, etc. who I'm beyond bored with, but is that really their fault, or the fault of the writers? Mark Henry had one of the hottest runs of his career over a decade in with the hall of pain and the fake retirement. Big Show almost felt credible again after 1 promo when he was about to go against Lesnar.

So anyone saying Del Rio was boring or whatever, thats not on him, he's a great performer. Very solid in the ring, very solid on the mic. I would love to have him back to get to see him work with some of the guys he never really got a chance to before leaving, especially Kevin Owens.

Yeah Del Rio's good but they need to change the way they use him. I'd love to see him feud with HHH if they want to seem realistic. Or just have him in the tag division with Ricardo, they could be the poor man's version of the Los Guerreros.

There is more mileage in his "legit" credentials at this point. The guy did MMA so he can fill that legit space left by Bryan not being around. When he faces Lesnar, they can reference his past and it's a new wrinkle on a match - perhaps ADR doesn't go to Suplex City or takes Brock further than he's been taken in a while to build that cred up. That he's latino, bad-ass and basically told the WWE to FU would only help build him.

Update to the story.

PWInsider is now reporting that Del Rio and the WWE have been in talks, and Del Rio pulled out of an appearance in Germany, that would have had him there when the WWE is on tour in Mexico. So the rumour mill is in full swing at this time.

Hey, if it happens, it happens.

I wasn't a del Rio fan, but within the few months prior to him leaving, he was beginning to win me over with his technical ability. It just comes down to how they choose to use him. If he gets trapped in the midcard, what's the point? If he gets forced to the top, would history repeat itself?

Yeah I don't know how I feel about Del Rio coming back to the WWE. It all really depends on how they decide to use him. If they want to give him that big push, then that's fine with me, book a Del Rio/Lesnar match somewhere down the line. If they actually do bring him back, having him trapped in the midcard like he was when he got fired would suck

While he is good in ring, I don't really care for him at all. There are many more guys to push besides del rio for the mexican gimmick.

I was always a big Del Rio fan....even when he got stale because of SURPRISE SURPRISE too many rapid heel/face turns. This company has no balls to stick with things. Del Rio should have been cooled off after his first heel run and repackaged with a new purpose....but certainly not hustled into a face run. Just ridiculous.

If he were to return I have to think he'd come back as a face. Returning talent often gets a big pop initially and having Del Rio come back as part of some kind of Alliance against the authority could be big. Even give him some "pipe bomb" opportunities and utilize the out of ring stuff for their cause.

While he is good in ring, I don't really care for him at all. There are many more guys to push besides del rio for the mexican gimmick.

No need to push Del Rio though, he's established, been World Champion, was top heel in the company for about a year.

If ADR mystery appears at say, the Royal Rumble with 0 build-up, he would automatically be a possible winner, unlike any of the current Central American talent. His recent hiatus could give him a chance to be repackaged and focused, and he's probably been humbled a little bit working outside WWE again, making him a better company worker. There's also the fact he has been wrestling with Indies, AAA, Lucha etc.... which means he can draw fans FROM those shows to WWE. Vince may never recognize the competition, but he'll gladly accept viewers from them.

Most the Hispanic Stars are barely Mid-card talents, if not Tag-Teamers for life.

Most of the people commenting on why they didnt like ADR, aren't the demographic that he appeals to, he might not draw many dimes or pounds, but WWE accepts pesos gladly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back