Davi323

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
If the Lions turn around this season and can somehow scrape together a 6-10 season or something, something that would only require them finishing 4-3, I will be more than happy to go right here, and publicly admit how wrong I was.

They did it, and I for one am not surprised.

They did it, and I for one am not surprised.
nor should you be surprised. They have a lot of talent, including a talented Head Coach (no Davi, Jim Schwartz doesn't deserve to be fired, in fact, he deserves an extension).

I'm glad to see the Lions finish strong, they can build on this for next season.

To be fair, when they were 2-10, I don't think anyone expected them to pull off wins against GB or TB, especially with Drew Stanton. Not that Schwartz shouldn't get credit, he did a great job at having these guys maintain their focus even when they were 2-10. Let's see the Lions show up now that they'll have a little more attention towards themselves.

And let's see their scouting show up in these drafts. They'll have a middle pick so they won't have a slam dunk handed to them like Suh was last year. If Amukamura is still there they better jump on him, but I doubt it. However, a lot more people (including myself) are a lot more confident going into this offseason with the way they ended.

To be fair, when they were 2-10, I don't think anyone expected them to pull off wins against GB or TB, especially with Drew Stanton. Not that Schwartz shouldn't get credit, he did a great job at having these guys maintain their focus even when they were 2-10. Let's see the Lions show up now that they'll have a little more attention towards themselves.

I didn't think they'd beat Green Bay (until Rodgers got injured) but I knew they were more then capable of beating the other 3 teams including Tampa Bay.

And let's see their scouting show up in these drafts. They'll have a middle pick so they won't have a slam dunk handed to them like Suh was last year. If Amukamura is still there they better jump on him, but I doubt it. However, a lot more people (including myself) are a lot more confident going into this offseason with the way they ended.

The Lions could pick anywhere from 7-13 as there were seven 6-10 teams. Even if Amakamura is gone I'd be fine with Janoris Jenkins. It may be a little high for him around 10 but the guy has talent and the Lions NEED a corner more then anything else.

The way I feel, when it comes to the Lions, is that it's bad news until it's good news. They tease us with getting better every few years, and then drop right back into the depths. During the 2007-08 season, they started off 6-2, and then finished the season 1-7. The next year, they lost every goddamn game.

If Stafford can stay healthy, he's more than capable of leading a team into the playoffs. Our receivers and tight-ends are fine, as is our core of RB's. Then again, we've had talented running backs and receivers in the last ten years, and still didn't win.

The defense is solid right now, but needs to improve in several areas (secondary, linebacking unit and overall depth). It always helps that we have a defensive-minded coach and a great defensive coordinator.

The one constant this team has shown over the past decade is a terrible offensive line. People really need to stop blaming our running backs. We've had a shit ton of running backs over the past ten years, and no one is going to tell me that all of them were shit. The offensive line played better in the last four games, no question, but that doesn't mean that group of guys can win throughout an entire season. They can't, they have shown that several times. Time to blow that unit up completely, and start fresh.

I'm not saying the Lions are doomed, but I won't believe it until I see it. You can draw out all the scenarios you wish, or give me some stats as to why I'm wrong. But, until they actually go .500 or better for 2 straight seasons, I will not buy into the hype, and neither should anyone else. I'm sick and tired of being let down, so I'm not getting my hopes up until they start winning..from the start of the season through the end.

It's about damn time this team is somewhat decent...they've had like 8 or 9 top ten draft picks over the past ten years. That they couldn't be anything sooner just shows how inept this team's FO is.

It's about damn time this team is somewhat decent...they've had like 8 or 9 top ten draft picks over the past ten years. That they couldn't be anything sooner just shows how inept this team's FO is.

The front office is fine now. Matt Millen just happened to be the worst GM in NFL history and William Clay Ford was senile and wouldn't fire him. Thank god Ford Jr finally started to take over more and got rid of Millen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back