Dark Knight Rises Casting News

I'm excited. Love me some Batman, and I loved the first two Nolan movies to bits.

Hmmm... let's see, Christopher Nolan, one of the best American filmmakers working today still at the helm; Tom Hardy, one of the best English actors working today playing the main villain (see his performance in Bronson if you don't buy that statement; the movie itself is just okay, but his performance is incredible); and Anne Hathaway, one of the best and sexiest American actresses working today as the female lead... yeah, don't think this will be anywhere near close to "shit," as people seem to be putting it.

All of which are opinions, as in the opinion that the movie will be shit, opinion = opinion.

Nolan - is over rated in my books, could inception have been a little more pretentious? All his work has gone downhill since Memento/Batman begins. I kind enjoyed the prestige, but meh.

Hardy ≠ One of the best English actors working today.

Hathaway ≠ No where near "The Best"

Catwomen - Who Gives a Shit, boring ass character, why not bring in Robin and Mr Freeze while there at it. Make it just a shitty as all the other cheezy ass batman movies. Lets bring back those erect batman nipples too!

Bane - Pretty much unkown to the basic Batman fan.

Opinion this movie is SHIT = Opinion this movie will not be SHIT.

I think the third one is going to be a shitfest compared to the first.

I think the second one is pretty shit compared to the first as well. I'd never seen so many people try and suck a dead guys dick before.

I couldn't agree more. Batman Begins = greatest superhero film ever made. The Dark Knight = mediocre movie with a dead dude hamming it up.

:lmao:

If you weren't funny SSC I would be quite angry with you.

:rasta:

I'm forced to think that your taste in movies is absolutely atrocious. The Dark Knight is one of the best movies I've seen in the past DECADE. Yes, I said it. The past D-E-C-A-D-E.

I definitely have a unique taste in movies, I've actually built up a bit of disdain for current cinema, part of the reason I honestly chose to defend Borat as the greatest film of all time.

SSC, I can't take it anymore. There must be a face to go with that sig image of yours.

I've got a heard of WZ noobs searching day n' night for it. This bitches head has gotta be like the eighth wonder of the world!

Nolan - is over rated in my books, could inception have been a little more pretentious? All his work has gone downhill since Memento/Batman begins. I kind enjoyed the prestige, but meh.

Name ten American filmmakers working today that are better than him. Hell, I'd say he's top 5.

Hardy ≠ One of the best English actors working today.

Name ten English actors working today that are better than him.

Hathaway ≠ No where near "The Best"

Name ten American actresses working today that are better than her (she could also be top 5 considering 90% of young American actresses today suck ass).

Catwomen - Who Gives a Shit, boring ass character, why not bring in Robin and Mr Freeze while there at it. Make it just a shitty as all the other cheezy ass batman movies. Lets bring back those erect batman nipples too!

Bane - Pretty much unkown to the basic Batman fan.

I'm not too hot on the characters either, but I trust Nolan and the selection of actors to portray the roles.

Opinion this movie is SHIT = Opinion this movie will not be SHIT.

That's a pretty ******ed opinion, since the movie hasn't even been shot yet. How can something be shit if it doesn't even exist?

I'd never seen so many people try and suck a dead guys dick before.

I had, but that's what you get for taking a job at a "Sexmetery".

Hmmm... let's see, Christopher Nolan, one of the best American filmmakers working today

That's a pretty damning indictment, but I suppose it's true. I mean, you have Tarantino, Fincher, the Coens (who, for fairness' sake, we'll count as one), Cameron, Aranofsky, Spielberg, Affleck, Scorcese, Kelley, Lasseter, Docter, Bird etc. but he'd probably make my top twenty-five American directors currently active.

And you, lay off Mr. Freeze. It's not his fault he doesn't fit into the Nolanverse.

Edit: I forgot Paul Thomas Anderson.

Oh, and Eastwood when he's on form. So not Gran Torino.

Hmmm... let's see, Christopher Nolan, one of the best American filmmakers working today still at the helm; Tom Hardy, one of the best English actors working today playing the main villain (see his performance in Bronson if you don't buy that statement; the movie itself is just okay, but his performance is incredible); and Anne Hathaway, one of the best and sexiest American actresses working today as the female lead... yeah, don't think this will be anywhere near close to "shit," as people seem to be putting it.

I fucking love this. The Batman movies have reached the Hogan / Cena heat level, were they are so motherfucking awesome its not the "in" thing to pick at them, and say they are shit, and whatnot. Good times.

Also, Catwoman and Bane are pretty much the two best options of people who will fit Nolanverse.

Catwoman can have a simulair origin to Batman, and Bane is fucking HAUUUUGGGEEE ripped crazy guy. Two people who are easily brought to reality.

I made my comments in the thread in the Film section, but I think these are good choices, Catwoman was expected and I'm looking to seeing Bane get a proper treatment after what happened in 97, with how he was in the comics, he's going to the guy used to get our Bats for certain, Catwoman as the love interest like there's no surprise there!

Definitely be up for this film when it comes out, just got to get through Arkham City first.

I was hoping for Hugo Strange, personally.

right, becuase EVERYONE knows who the fuck that is.

They could have cast Jesus himself for a role in this movie and people wouldnt be able to WAIT to call it shit. They could have walked up and said "what would you like the movie named, who would you like the characters to be, and who would you like for us to cast to play them" and then do exactly that, and that same person would call it shit.

Fucking clayface is where it's at. To be honest, haven't seen the first one, thought the second one was alright. I don't really like films though, so you know.

Name ten American filmmakers working today that are better than him. Hell, I'd say he's top 5.

Scorsese
Coen bros.
Eastwood
Spielberg
Tarantino
Peter Jackson

These are just directors off the top of my head who I'd rather invest my time in.

I could easily fill a list to ten with names like Ron Howard, Michael Bay, James Cameron, ect. ect. ect.....

Name ten English actors working today that are better than him.

Now I'm not familiar with my English actors like you might be, but just glancing at a quick list of English Actors and I can easily put ten down.

Anthony Hopkins
Michael Caine
Hugh Grant
Colin Firth
Hugh Laurie
Gary Oldman
Sean Bean
Orlando Bloom
Daniel Craig
Jude Law
Patrick Stewart
Daniel Radcliffe

Name ten American actresses working today that are better than her (she could also be top 5 considering 90% of young American actresses today suck ass).

Hathaway as a top 5 Hollywood actress, I hadn't realized standards have dropped so low.

Scarlett Johansson
Angelina Jolie
Julia Roberts
Halle Berry
Jessica Alba
Meryl Streep
Reese Witherspoon
Kate Hudson

Looking at Hathaway's filmography there is nothing to suggest that she is a top ten actress, nothing but a few lower class nominations and a whole handful of chick flicks.

I'm not too hot on the characters either, but I trust Nolan and the selection of actors to portray the roles.

The Characters are the biggest turn off to me, and the actors portraying them aren't on the top of my list. The combination of the two is what is turning me off. Plus the fact I didn't enjoy Inception, and really didn't like the Dark Knight that much.

That's a pretty ******ed opinion, since the movie hasn't even been shot yet. How can something be shit if it doesn't even exist?

As ******ed as any opinion, especially this early on.

I'm basing my "shit" opinion on the fact that Nolan's work has gone downhill (in my eyes) I don't care fore any of the new Actors/Actresses/Character selection. I can't stand Cat Women, and if the film is more similar to Dark Knight it's gonna be of lower quality, especially since Nolan will be able to cruise through this film simply based on the fact he has so much hype built up from Dark Knight/Inception.

People didn't know who Mr. Freeze or Bane were before they made it into a film. I'm doubtful about Poison Ivy, too. Shit, Batman Begins had Ra's Al Ghul.

Like fuck they didnt. Freeze is one of the originals, and Bane whipped Batman's spine. Everyone knows that.

Yea, you got me on the Batman Begins thing.

I don't think there was any reason not to have The Riddler personally. Bane as a secondary villian would've been awesome, don't see him as a main one. There's no need for Catwoman.

Two-Face should've survived anyway.

Don't forget that Batman the Animated Series started BEFORE Batman and Robin came out, because it reinvented Mr. Freeze which that film based him off of. And Bane was killer in it too. And Killer Croc threw a rock.

I don't think there was any reason not to have The Riddler personally. Bane as a secondary villian would've been awesome, don't see him as a main one. There's no need for Catwoman.

Two-Face should've survived anyway.

Too simulair to the Joker, im thinking is why they didnt. Was looking forward to it myself, as well.

You would have to be a fool though to think this movie was gonna be the last one, and BOTH Catwoman and Riddler were getting left out. Anyone who thought the main villain would be one of those two was fooling themselves.

For the record, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight aren't bad films. In fact, they rank very highly on my list of superhero films. They're very good - better than a good 95% of the tripe out there.

However, people treat them as if they're on the same level as The Godfather or Taxi Driver or, I dunno, Blade Runner.

The fact of the matter is, they're really good superhero flicks. They're not stone cold classics. A clever, digestible take on the Batman lore. Half great monologues, half cheesy speeches. Some dodgily edited action sequences, some deeply flawed pacing, some really laboured exposition.

They're not bad movies by any means, but they don't transcend the genre as people claim they do.

Too simulair to the Joker

Not really.

You would have to be a fool though to think this movie was gonna be the last one, and BOTH Catwoman and Riddler were getting left out. Anyone who thought the main villain would be one of those two was fooling themselves.

It'll be the last Nolan one. Keep your fingers crossed that the new Superman film flops hard, because Zack Snyder will likely get the franchise next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back