• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan And Zack Ryder Need To Be De-Pushed

ryan86

Cody Rhodes Is Top Dog
Please people, read and learn. Then controll yourselves, OK?

As participants on RAW and SD, they are not complete jokes. But the idea of pushing them the way that they are, is by far a joke.

Having them on the same stage as Dolph and Cody is laughable enough. Presenting them as equal opponents... thats booking malpractice.

Ryder is completely unserious and doesnt bring any value to a potential U.S. title run. Dolph is a huge part of the future and could be solidifying the U.S. title as once again relevant. Why not have him turn it over to somone who can carry that mantle?

Bryan tries to play off this "blue collar", hard working underdog. Thats fine if they keep him relegated to the TLC type matches, but presenting him as a future heavyweight champ is beyond any ability to suspend dis-belief. Puting him in matches with Cody really had me thinking "WTF!" Cody will be a huge key to any sucess of a new era and he has to be protected. Bryan and Ryder are experimental stars who will be afterthoughts in 9 months

Oh, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. No.

You do realise that Daniel Bryan has the Money in the Bank briefcase, correct? If he wasn't being pushed, I'd be severely worried. Yes, Cody Rhodes is a maverick and will become a future world champion, but, can you honestly say that Zack Ryder gets less of a reaction than Cody. When do you ever hear a ''We want Cody!'' chant? Answer: Never, short round. That's what it all boils down to. Zack is the new trend and he's selling merchandise like Cody never has. Cody doesn't even have a t-shirt, ffs. I understand that Zack Ryder may not be as talented as Cody Rhodes, but, the 'E needs to keep the fans happy. Sorry, bruv.

Im sorry but WTF are you talking about? You act as if they are Khali or something. That was a great example of booking malpractice. Zero talent, zero charisma- booked straight to the top.

Bryan is an experimental superstar? He has been kicking ass for years & has earned his spot unlike Cody who was handed his b\c of his family. Dont get me wrong, I love Rhodes, but its true. His character is great & he will be a cornerstone of years to come, but you cant shovel dirt on Bryan when he deserves what he has gotten.

As far as Ryder... he deserves his chance. He gets fans in the door, like it or not. If you were in his shoes you would have tried to do the same thing as him- Get Noticed. He isnt the greatest on the mat by far, but he works his ass off. He took a shitty gimmick that would have buried anyone else until they got fired or quit, and turned it into gold. His tounge in cheek videos and interviews gained a huge fan base &his entertainment value is high. Vince couldnt overlook him for long & now, because of his determination & fan approval, he is getting a deserved shot. Dont knock the man for making something out of nothing.

Christian "Minimum Wage" Cage;3584072 said:
Oh, Ryan, Ryan, Ryan. No.

You do realise that Daniel Bryan has the Money in the Bank briefcase, correct? If he wasn't being pushed, I'd be severely worried. Yes, Cody Rhodes is a maverick and will become a future world champion, but, can you honestly say that Zack Ryder gets less of a reaction than Cody. When do you ever hear a ''We want Cody!'' chant? Answer: Never, short round. That's what it all boils down to. Zack is the new trend and he's selling merchandise like Cody never has. Cody doesn't even have a t-shirt, ffs. I understand that Zack Ryder may not be as talented as Cody Rhodes, but, the 'E needs to keep the fans happy. Sorry, bruv.

Of course i realize Bryan has the MITB which is why i was angry at them "presenting him as a future HW champ". This should have never gone this far. MITB is beyond him.

What is it with the fascination on merch sales? Ryder is not a part of the WWE's main event future. PERIOD! CODY IS.

Cody is not experimental.

Of course i realize Bryan has the MITB which is why i was angry at them "presenting him as a future HW champ". This should have never gone this far. MITB is beyond him.

What is it with the fascination on merch sales? Ryder is not a part of the WWE's main event future. PERIOD! CODY IS.

Cody is not experimental.

Ryan! Hi! Im the guy who stood up a few months ago and said outwardly; WWE Superstars ARE RATED by the WWE by how much MERCHANDISE they sell. Here is why;

- If a star is selling merch, he is making money.
- If said star is selling merch, or his merch is selling, that merch is seen IN THE STANDS every show.
- The more the fans get seen wearing the merch, the more WWE officials go "Oh wait, this many people were wearing this and we've made this much off someone...they need to be further up the card."

Merchandise sales is THE reason for pushes. If someone is selling - they're making money, and that is what WWE wants.

Now Bryan...he actually probably is an IWC experiment. In other words; CM Punk and Bryan are likely the guys being pushed to show the IWC that the IWC...actually arent right about the booking of WWE. Bryan winning the world title will be great but he'll fall down the card again quick cus...he's selling nothing.

Now...The Rock. when he was as The Rock...was he...serious? Nope. hence he made everyone LAUGH. A LOT of comedy guys have made it; FACT. Its his gimmick and Ryder does well on it. Ryder IS selling merch and WILL be pushed to the moon because he sells and he's over as hell. In fact, I'd argue Cena is passing the torch a little to him now, allowing Ryder in a match OVER HIS OWN INVOLVEMENT IN THE PPV TO COME...that's pretty big.

Ryder will make it and as much as I dont like him, he'll be as much a part of the future of the WWE as Cody is. Now what you need to get; the future won't be run off of one star. The big focus on Ziggler, Cody, Bryan, Ryder, The Miz and other young stars is simple; They ALL will be the future of the WWE.

Ive been all for ryder since day 1 because of his show. Thought he deserved to finally be on Raw every once in a while and have some matches where he won.

Now its getting out of hand. I do not think he needs to be in the title picture yet, and I damn sure believe he should NOT win that title this sunday. I feel hes getting pushed down our throats now. Just my opinion.

Dude, I know you are a Cody Rhodes mark and I am too but give it a rest. Cody and Daniel Bryan in a match is laughable? You do realize Bryan has more experience than Cody (Indies, ROH, Japan) and has a history of putting on great matches when given the time (not 2-4 minutes) to do so. Look at Ziggler vs. Bryan from Bragging Rights 2010. I haven't seen Cody put on a perfomance like those two did and his matches from ROH are unbelievable. Don't judge Bryan because the WWE is dropping the ball on a great talent that they have no clue what to do with.

Merch sales, PPV buys and bums on seats are any wrestling companies bread and butter so of course people on this formum are quite rightly using them as a responce to your thread.
I'm not convinced about the whole Zac Ryder thing making him a long term star but providing casual fans don't stop spending money because of him theres nothing to stop him being a main eventer. Lets not forget the WWE's number one star of the past 10 years is weak in the ring and started his big push as a white freestyling rapper (hardly a serious charater)
As for daniel byran I love seeing a man who's come up the hard way get a chance at the main event and can't think of many perfromers that deserve it more. The big question is will he get the casual fan recognition he needs?

Im sorry but WTF are you talking about? You act as if they are Khali or something. That was a great example of booking malpractice. Zero talent, zero charisma- booked straight to the top.

Bryan is an experimental superstar? He has been kicking ass for years & has earned his spot unlike Cody who was handed his b\c of his family. Dont get me wrong, I love Rhodes, but its true. His character is great & he will be a cornerstone of years to come, but you cant shovel dirt on Bryan when he deserves what he has gotten.

As far as Ryder... he deserves his chance. He gets fans in the door, like it or not. If you were in his shoes you would have tried to do the same thing as him- Get Noticed. He isnt the greatest on the mat by far, but he works his ass off. He took a shitty gimmick that would have buried anyone else until they got fired or quit, and turned it into gold. His tounge in cheek videos and interviews gained a huge fan base &his entertainment value is high. Vince couldnt overlook him for long & now, because of his determination & fan approval, he is getting a deserved shot. Dont knock the man for making something out of nothing.

Couldn't agree with you more.

Ryder's not as good as Punk, Ziggler, Rhodes and Bryan are in the ring, but he's very young and has a lot of time to improve. He's had great matches and he proved to me this past monday that he can pretty much work with any style of in ring performing. If he wins the US title at TLC, it shows that he earned the title because of the way he got over with the crowd. How does his gimmick affect the US title? He has a little something called character, which MANY wrestler's had in the 90s and 2000s. Do you think Miz would have gone far with his "chick magnet" gimmick? It was flashy, but WWE changed his character.. and now look at him. Who's to say that won't happen to Ryder? :shrug:

As for Daniel Bryan, he's the best bell to bell worker that the WWE has and he deserves to have as much TV time as he possibly can. I agree with many who say he needs to amp up his personality, but he kind of resembles Chris Benoit with the in ring skills and aggression. He was a huge indy star and from what know, they don't do those big promos that they do in WWE. There are many in WWE who are far worse in promos.

The IWC has been complaining for years that the WWE needs to push guys like Ryder and Bryan; now that they are finally giving them a chance, we're turning their backs on them so soon? Can't please everyone...:banghead:

I don't think anyone is thinking that Ryder can be a main eventer. At least I hope they're not.

I see him as a guy capable of carrying the mid card and reaching upper mid card status but never a main eventer.

Anyone that thinks he could sometime headline Wrestlemania or a PPV, is delusional.

As for Daniel Bryan, I agree that he's an IWC experiment. I think WWE wants him to succeed because of his IWC popularity but IMO, they're not convinced he can and so they're giving him a chance just to say "see we told you so."

The guy has talent but to me he really has no gimmick. Being an underdog, that's your gimmick? He is great in the ring but has no mic skills.
I honestly believe he'll be the first person ever to cash in MITB and lose. I'll be shocked if he cashes it in at Wrestlemania. I don't see him as a main eventer and especially not at WWE's biggest PPV.

Honest question, just wondering if you have figures on Bryan's merch sales or just going by his shirt not being noticeable on any broadcasts? I honestly agree with you as far as everything you said, but it hurts to hear that ma boy D Bryan is hurting in the merch sales department, never a good sign.

Dude, I know you are a Cody Rhodes mark and I am too but give it a rest. Cody and Daniel Bryan in a match is laughable? You do realize Bryan has more experience than Cody (Indies, ROH, Japan) and has a history of putting on great matches when given the time (not 2-4 minutes) to do so. Look at Ziggler vs. Bryan from Bragging Rights 2010. I haven't seen Cody put on a perfomance like those two did and his matches from ROH are unbelievable. Don't judge Bryan because the WWE is dropping the ball on a great talent that they have no clue what to do with.

You guys keep singing this crap B/C in 3 months when Ryder's Merchandise selling power is gone, and when Bryan proves to fade from the title picture quicker than Swagger, I will be glad to accept apollogies. Merchandise selling does not corrolate with how far up you go, your charcter and long term marketability does. Milking them is fine, but it's getting out of hand. PUT EVERYTHING IN CONTEXT PEOPLE. Are you that brain washed?

As participants on RAW and SD, they are not complete jokes. But the idea of pushing them the way that they are, is by far a joke.

Having them on the same stage as Dolph and Cody is laughable enough. Presenting them as equal opponents... thats booking malpractice.

Ryder is completely unserious and doesnt bring any value to a potential U.S. title run. Dolph is a huge part of the future and could be solidifying the U.S. title as once again relevant. Why not have him turn it over to somone who can carry that mantle?

Bryan tries to play off this "blue collar", hard working underdog. Thats fine if they keep him relegated to the TLC type matches, but presenting him as a future heavyweight champ is beyond any ability to suspend dis-belief. Puting him in matches with Cody really had me thinking "WTF!" Cody will be a huge key to any sucess of a new era and he has to be protected. Bryan and Ryder are experimental stars who will be afterthoughts in 9 months

I smells a troll, but I'll bite anyways....

Ill start by saying, I'm not a huge Zack Ryder fan, not very impressed with him, I think he's quite overrated. That being said, when there are arenas full of people chanting "We Want Ryder" my opinion of him means nothing. Zack has gotten himself over, and he's gotten people to latch onto his character at a mass level, that's something that neither Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler could do.

As far as Daniel Bryan, he's top notch in the ring, probably the best in the company, and character wise he's improving daily. Why would you ever suggest undercutting someone while they're developing a persona?

I'm going to let you down gently... while I also like Cody Rhodes, he is not all that special. He may be in the main event picture someday and he'll undoubtedly hold a world title, but a "key to success in any era" he most certainly is not.

All in all, the point is that if we're going to talk on the level of WWE's marketing as to who will be viable and money-making players, our singular opinions don't mean anything, especially when they're outweighed by the majority.

And as soon as Vince McMahon learns that, maybe RAW will get back up to 7.0 ratings

Wow...just wow.

I can agree with you to a very small degree on Ryder, but your comments about Daniel Bryan are just ridiculous. Daniel Bryan deserves every bit of a push he receives. He knows wrestling inside and out and he could wrestle circles around Cody Rhodes. That being said, Rhodes is a very talented guy. Daniel Bryan has paid his dues and deserves the utmost success.

The impression I get from your post is that you don't know a whole hell of a lot about Daniel Bryan...

Merchandise selling does not corrolate with how far up you go, your charcter and long term marketability does. Milking them is fine, but it's getting out of hand. PUT EVERYTHING IN CONTEXT PEOPLE. Are you that brain washed?

Cena is HUGE because his merch sells like hotcakes at a fat camp. His character is essentially the same as it was, he just dosent rhyme as much anymore. Still rocking the same jean shorts and tennis shoes.

BTW- being marketable in the long run has a lot to do with merch sales. Marketing creates a buzz for consumers to buy a product (shirts, posters, etc.) and keeps them coming back for more. It keeps the topic relevant so consumers want to keep coming back to spend their hard earned cash each month.

Example- Punk could be long gone from the WWE but when they come out with the Ice Cream Bars again- they will sell out because he made them relevant again.

Example- WWE can still make shirts that say "What?" on them because that phrase is still marketable close to a decade later.

Point taken for stupidity. You are now known as ryan85....

I 100% agree with this poster, Bryan and Ryder SHOULD be de-pushed, what the poster is saying is yes Bryan has a cult following yes Ryder does too. But that is not a following because they are that good in the WWE.

Bryan has good in ring performances yes but really he has NO charisma NO personality nothing. He is plain boring and can never carry a show the way the IWC think he can.

Ryder is even worse, his in ring performance is limited his gimmick will never last the test of time ( quite frankly once Jersey Shore runs its course then thats it for Ryder) seriously people are we watching the matches at all. When Ryder is in the same ring as Ziggler and you watch them you honestly think Ryder brings anything to the table. The answer is plain out NO its all Ziggler carrying the match.

I do understand the WWE these 2 are just 2 more microwave stars who the E will push while the fad is hot so go out and make the money off these guys. But unlike Punk these guys have 1 dimensional characters and I will guarantee that next year this time one or both will either be released or go back to being jobbers.

Do you think these guys can carry a show past, present or future

DO YOU GUYS REALLY SEE THESE 2 FIVE YRS FROM NOW BEING AS HOT AS THEY ARE NOW.
If your answer is yes then you are truly a mark and there will be no getting through to you but if you know wrestling at all then you know that this is just Vince making money off people who the fans seem to like right now knowing all the while it wont last. But hey lets milk these guys before the fans truly see what these guys are about.

Give them the ball Vince and laugh when the fans say how boring and unbelievable these 2 really are and then when that is done light up your cigar as once again you have proven that you ARE smarter than 90% of the fans as you laugh your way to the bank

Daniel bryan is a very good wrestler. He's not like cena, the miz, randy orton etc. If you watch other wrestleing promotions (non scripted wrestleing) and see bryan you will reliase how good he is. Hes not as good as say kurt angle but he's one of the best wwes got right now. Wwe need to give him a big push. So what if bryan isnt that good on the mic, at the end of the day he's an amzing wrestler and he deserveds to be a main eventer.

The problem with ryder is that nobody takes him sirously. He wasnt even on raw till about 5 mounths ago, I think wwe should just keep him how he is. Competing for the US title. But i dont think he needs another push.

Where to start.

First lets start with Dolph Ziggler & Zack Ryder. I think Ryder should have less air time so he is not overexposed however there is no plans, nor request from his fans to make him a main event wrestler.

As for the US title, putting it on Ryder makes sense, he is the most over mid-card wrestler they have. Having the US title on Ziggler makes ZERO sense right now as right now it looks like a main event push is underway. Remember when Miz dropped the title to Bryan? Everyone knew it was so Bryan could get a rub AND better position Miz as a main eventer. That is what needs to happen now for both Ryder AND Ziggler.

I think Ziggler will be in the Elimination Chamber main event at the Feb PPV and have a grudge match with a main eventer at WM. Setting him up for a potential WWE Championship down the track. If Punk is Champion at WM, Ziggler could even be put in the title match.

As for Bryan, he can be a believable champion if its done right. Right now he's been burried by Mark Henry to help sell Henry as an unstoppable monster heel so having him go over Henry makes no sense until the title is already on Bryan.

If they are sticking with Bryan getting the title at WM, they need to get the strap off Henry before that. Personally I would pick Wade Barrett to get the title (maybe off Big Show?) so he can drop it to Bryan at WM. I am not sure if you watched Bryan Danielson in ROH, but he can work better than most of the roster.

There is no need to "de push" these guys because they are OVER. And its obvious you are a big Cody Rhodes fan (I am too) but bury faces so the heel can get more over? You need to build new faces and heels. As someone who loves the bell-to-bell action more, a Bryan-Rhodes feud in a main event setting I think will be great given how good they both are in the ring. I would sooner watch that than Rhodes-Cena, I still have a habit of changing the channel during a Cena match.

Ryder will continue to get pushed because he's selling merchandise. It doesn't matter what you think or how you feel about him, as long as he's making money he'll continue to be in the upper middle card. You may not like John Cena, but he makes the WWE money, hand over fist. Ryder is in a similar situation but he's at the start of it. If Ryder can continue to make the WWE money, he will continue to be pushed, and if he starts making Cena-esq money he will get Cena-esq pushed. Punk finally started making the WWE money this year and look where its got him, its pretty simple business.

As for Bryan I agree, he's okay in the ring, but he's boring on the mic, and boring in the ring. Many will say he's the best "wrestler" when in fact he is not. He does some impressive things, sometimes but the fact that he's so bland and boring overpowers anything else. I don't see him walking into WM28 cashing in and becoming champion it just seems completely impossible to me at this point.

Ryder is getting a further push yeh maybe due to his merch selling well, but get one thing correct the guy did it off his own back. He started his show got noticed, finally got a crappy t-shirt made, he gave autographs to people who bought it, he brought it on himself. Read interviews with his, he was at a cross road and it was to be Future Endeavoured or make something of himself and he did the latter.

He needs a 'de-push'? why?!? Ziggler has improved greatly he's moving on to better things he's had no fueds with the US Title yet gave it some credit again. Thing is when Ryder wins the title he'll be able to have some fueds which is better for the belt in general. Who else on the Raw brand can give Ziggler some competition? Santino?...get to fuck. A-Ri? DUI knob end who blew his chance. What other faces?

And it's possible for Ryder to be main event one day, a gimmick change when the time is right is all that matter. If creative see nothing for you, then make them see something. I don't understand how people have their backs up for guys who are working hard to better themselves and their careers.

So Bryan a guy that can out wrestle the majority of the roster and brought a huge fan base form the independent scene with him to WWE. Which isn't very common these days doesn't deserve to be pushed in your mind. Nor does a guy that has arenas chanting for him when he's not even out there and sells tons of merchandise. I don't get your logic here at all. Ryder isn't the greatest in ring performer far from it, but right now he's very popular and marketable. WWE is a business after all if your popular with fans and sell about of merchandise your going to get pushed.

Look at Hogan and Cena they didn't get to where their at for their wrestling ability. Their charisma, ability to get a huge fan base behind them and marketability made them stars. Who knows Ryder may just be nothing more than fad but at the moment WWE would be insane not to take advantage of his popularity. Bryan is not as marketable as Ryder but does have a great deal of fans and is a phenomenal in ring performer. I doubt he'll be a long term main eventer, but in my opinion he deserves a major title reign. In Bryan's case his in ring ability and fan support makes up for his lack of charisma, similar to Chris Benoit.

This may be the most misguided opening post I've seen on this forum.

Zack Ryder should be de-pushed? Even though he's drawn more money than Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes have (probably combined). Sure, you may see it as a flash in the pan, but he's been making crazy money since WrestleMania, when the 'Ryder Revolution' really started to kick in. But you want more evidence of his money-making ability, right? How about the fact that Ryder is more over than Rhodes and Ziggler, too?

And Bryan, well, Bryan does need some work. But his current position isn't his fault, and only a moron would say otherwise. Look at the way WWE has booked him this year - awful, and certainly not becoming of a future World Heavyweight Champion. You can't blame that on Daniel Bryan. Any time he has been given an opportunity - on the mic or in the ring - he's more often than not, stolen the show.

Even if Ryder and Bryan aren't on Ziggler and Rhodes's level (but they are), presenting them as equals is the opposite of "booking malpractice". If the WWE audience does hold the heels in higher regard (which they don't), then surely it would be good for Bryan and Ryder to get that rub?

You're argument is full of holes. It demonstrates no knowledge of professional wrestling, and a lot of bias. Please reply to this, Ryan69 (see what I did there?). I'll be more than happy to tell you that you're wrong a bit more.

So Bryan a guy that can out wrestle the majority of the roster and brought a huge fan base form the independent scene with him to WWE.

Look at Hogan and Cena they didn't get to where their at for their wrestling ability. Their charisma, ability to get a huge fan base behind them and marketability made them stars.

In Bryan's case his in ring ability and fan support makes up for his lack of charisma, similar to Chris Benoit.

Comparing Bryn to Benoit, come on now the man is rolling in his grave, what Benoit lacked in charisma he made up for with aggression, and a size believable to carry a show.

You prove my point when talking Hogan and Cena their charisma will and has last the test of time. Ryder would be a jobber still if Jersey Shore was not a big hit and he will die when it does.

If you guys are talking push him now while the money is there then I am all for it, but if you really think these guys will be something in the long run then you just started watching wrestling in the PG era and have no clue.

The IWC knows nothing and Vince knows it, I mean come on last yr they were crying for JoMo to main event, we all know how that turned out a yr later reality hits and he is gone. the same will happen for these 2. More Ryder cause he straight sucks ( I do give him credit for being noticed but the guy sucks ) he has less moves than Cena and a gimmick that will fade.

Bryan should get the Dean Malenko type push, they are the same character but Malenko had way more charisma and thats hard because he had little to none. These 2 and main event should never be in the same sentence unless the sentence is "Bryan and Ryder should never be in the main event"

Disagree on Ryder. I'm not really a big fan of his, but he is very popular with the crowd and is selling merchandise. Thats pretty much how you get pushed. Who knows how he does long-term, but right now he is the most over midcarder they have. I dont ever see him as a world champion though, unless he drastically changes his gimmick and can still remain popular. He is too much of a goofball. But they are not pushing him as a future world champ, they are pushing him as a midcard US champ.

I agree about Daniel Bryan. The fact that he has the MITB briefcase is a joke. Right now they should be trying to build him into a good midcarder, forget about the world title. He is very similiar to someone like Tyson Kidd, except he has a big time IWC following who thinks everything he does is great. A lot of what Cole says about him is true. He's a modern day Dean Malenko.

Wait I understand now! Ryan is Micheal Cole in disguise it's so obvious if it was a dog it would have bitten me.

But anyway on to the real topic. You are all for the huge push of Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler just like me. Those two are both incredible workers on their own brands and are certainly going to be a mainstay in what is shaping up to be a very solid upper midcard. That's right I said upper midcard. These guys have main event futures but not yet so they will for the time being going back and forth from where they are to the occasional main event spot to shake things up for awhile.

Now all would be well and good with them carrying the whole midcard except for one thing: They're both very over as heels. Top heels need a top face and that's where you bring in Bryan and Ryder. On Raw Ryder is easily one of the most over stars on the roster and he's no slouch in the ring either. On Smackdown Bryan is easily the best technical wrestler on the roster (even better than Cody Rhodes) and he is being pushed accordingly.

So that's it if you honestly think that they should de-push the only real solid midcard faces that they have right now then I'm seriously glad you aren't a part of WWE booking. Honestly though who else do you want in their spot? Mason Ryan? Alex Riely? Curt Hawkins? Just sayin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back