• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crocker Q&A thread

I didn't troll for all 5 years. The accounts that I didn't troll on are Cmpunker, Crocker, and PWF. These are the accounts where I legitimately tried to debate with people and try to rid them of their ignorance. However I did enjoy trolling on Mexican Mark Henry and Jackiz Kirey
Legitimate debate where you try to rid people of their ignorance.

There is so much wrong about that sentence that I have to remind myself it was uttered by a sixteen-year old kid. The path to growing up begins when you replace "rid people of their ignorance" with "convince them of your opinion", and that takes more effort than calling anyone who disagrees with you a Cena apologist. It continues when you realize to do a shitty job of convincing anyone of your opinions, and need to work on content and delivery.

These are the accounts where I legitimately tried to debate with people and try to rid them of their ignorance.
I want you to think about this statement for a moment.

You claim that, in the last five years as you've discovered the Internet and the business side of wrestling, you know so much more about wrestling now than you once did. You claim to be 16.

I'm 30 (turning 31 in less than a month). I've been reading Internet dirtsheets for not quite 20 years (longer than you've been alive). I've been posting on wrestling chatrooms/forums for over 10 years (and yes, this simultaneously makes me feel old AND a loser). If you claim to know more about wrestling now than you did when you were younger, why would you not stop and think that maybe someone who has been watching wrestling for roughly 25 years and been participating in various forms of wrestling on the Internet for nearly 20 might know a little something more about pro wrestling than you do?

I remember what it was like to be a teenager, when you knew everything and no one can tell you anything. I still see it every day at work. But one of the nice things about getting older is you start to realize how much more knowledge you can gain if you stop thinking you already have everything figured out and begin to listen to those who have been figuring it for much longer than you.

I don't know everything about the pro wrestling business. I suspect no one does, not even Vince McMahon himself. But I have a fairly good grasp on how it works and my position on pro wrestling is always supported when the most famous wrestlers begin talking about the business.

You should listen more to people who understand pro wrestling and worry less about what you already think of it. You could learn so much more.

I want you to think about this statement for a moment.

You claim that, in the last five years as you've discovered the Internet and the business side of wrestling, you know so much more about wrestling now than you once did. You claim to be 16.

I'm 30 (turning 31 in less than a month). I've been reading Internet dirtsheets for not quite 20 years (longer than you've been alive). I've been posting on wrestling chatrooms/forums for over 10 years (and yes, this simultaneously makes me feel old AND a loser). If you claim to know more about wrestling now than you did when you were younger, why would you not stop and think that maybe someone who has been watching wrestling for roughly 25 years and been participating in various forms of wrestling on the Internet for nearly 20 might know a little something more about pro wrestling than you do?

I remember what it was like to be a teenager, when you knew everything and no one can tell you anything. I still see it every day at work. But one of the nice things about getting older is you start to realize how much more knowledge you can gain if you stop thinking you already have everything figured out and begin to listen to those who have been figuring it for much longer than you.

I don't know everything about the pro wrestling business. I suspect no one does, not even Vince McMahon himself. But I have a fairly good grasp on how it works and my position on pro wrestling is always supported when the most famous wrestlers begin talking about the business.

You should listen more to people who understand pro wrestling and worry less about what you already think of it. You could learn so much more.

Or another way to put it...
11951169_1045782165460487_8805891746802289297_n.jpg

Wow, that takes a lot of commitment. How old were you when you started watching? Did you enjoy the product then? Did you not enjoy the product for awhile that got you searching out the old AE stuff?

I was 12 when I started watching Attitude Era Raw's and PPV's.
I did enjoy the product around 2011.
No I heard about the AE and decided to start watching them.

How did you get so interested in the AE a few years ago if you only recently turned 16?

Probably the same reason why I would be interested in watching wrestling from 50-60 years ago. I think it is only natural for wrestling fans to want to check out eras that they weren't alive to see.

Probably the same reason why I would be interested in watching wrestling from 50-60 years ago. I think it is only natural for wrestling fans to want to check out eras that they weren't alive to see.

Pretty much. I also heard some really good things about the AE from my relatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back