• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

could Kurt Angle and Chris Jericho return improve WM28?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
ok as we all know Kurt Angle's contract is up in August and Chris Jericho is planning to return in 2011 so if these 2 legends return what feuds would you put them in and why? and who should they face at Wrestlemania 28?

for me ill have The Miz retain the title at WM27 and then have Jericho return and feud with Miz over the WWE title and at Wrestlemania 28 I would have Jericho feud with the Undertaker because taker and Jericho havent really had a feud to be fair and would put on a great match.

for Kurt Angle id have him feud with the World Champion who ever that might be and then at Wrestlemania 28, id have him feud with CM Punk because these 2 could have one hell of a match and the promos for the build up would be top notch and that would leave some really good matches which could happen at WM28 for example.........

John Cena vs The Rock ( the only place for this match is WM)

Edge vs Christan (its going to happen and i reckon WM 28 is the perfect place and it could be for the World title)

Randy Orton vs Alberto Del Rio ( could be for the WWE title)

The Miz vs John Morrison ( morrison is going to become a true superstar in 2011 and vince might trust these 2 at mania if Miz performs well at this years WM)

Daniel Brynn vs Sin Cara ( maybe for a mid-card title and would steal the show)

Bring Back the MITB and we have some great guys who could compete in it next year Kofi Kingston vs Ted Dibiase vs Cody Rhodes vs Evan Bounre vs Justin Garbrial vs Wade Barrett vs Sheamus vs Kane with theses men in it know one knows who is going to win)

Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler (what a match this could be at WM)

so for me bringing back Jericho and Angle will improve WM28 and it opens the door to some fantastic matches at WM and with Angle and Jericho being legends gives it that extra star power what do you guys think?

Kurt said he will not go back recently he respects Vince but he could not do the road schedual thats why he's staying with TNA and he loves how he is respected and plus next year is the rertirement for so many wrestlers edge henry taker hhh if not this year jericho would return for one last wrestling run and possibly kane all old school guys calling it quits since they acomplished all they can and im sure they all have a substanial amount of money they could live off of for retirement.

Kurt said he will not go back recently he respects Vince but he could not do the road schedual thats why he's staying with TNA and he loves how he is respected and plus next year is the rertirement for so many wrestlers edge henry taker hhh if not this year jericho would return for one last wrestling run and possibly kane all old school guys calling it quits since they acomplished all they can and im sure they all have a substanial amount of money they could live off of for retirement.

I had read the comments from Kurt Angle and thought exactly the same thing that you did. That there was no chance of a return to WWE.

But then I saw follow-up comments where he says he's not closing the door.

What I think is that Angle is serious about working a reduced schedule and that will be the determining factor in where he goes.

But if I'm starting a new family, I'm looking to maximize my earning potential - and that means WWE.

And Vince McMahon should be smart enough to get Kurt Angle back for 30 appearances a year rather than 0 appearances.

As for a feud? I think a program against Kurt Angle would do wonders for Jack Swagger's career.

If Vince McMahon expects Kurt Angle to go back to the WWE and work a full-time schedule then he can forget it. Kurt knows his physical limitations and knows that his body would not hold up to a WWE travel schedule, wrestling several times a week.

He will almost certainly resign with TNA and continue to work sporadically as he does now, but if Vince offered him more money (which he could afford) to bring Kurt in just for a few appearances in big matches over the year, then Angle probably would consider it. He probably has enough money put away to retire now if he wanted to, but he has just become a Father so he may want to keep going for a couple more years in order to earn a bit more money to help bring up his kid.

I would not at all be surprised to see Kurt Angle in WWE again, I think he will resign for TNA but I really hope we see Kurt's retirement match in WWE. He is one of the biggest stars of his generation, he has done it all so I hope he gets a chance to bow out on the grandest stage of them all at some point. He deserves it.

We should all know you never say never in the Wrestling world. Bret Hart a prime example so there is a chance that Kurt Angle COULD return to WWE. I wouldn't hold my breath but if he was available and WWE offered him a reduced schedule like Taker and HBK had in the twilight of their careers (no house shows, just Raw/Smackdown and a PPV every month) then Kurt would be an idiot to pass up. The impact zone is a joke, how many fans do they get? 2000?! Surely he must miss the rush from performing in front of 20,000 (and more) at WWE PPV's.

Not sure why people are saying Edge, Rey, HHH, Taker will all retire next year. Nobody knows this for sure. It's speculation thats all. I dont see HHH doing a HBK and having that ONE last match. As long as he is around the business he can't stay retired. Sure the moment is good but he will regret eventually. Takers partner is in WWE so again, I dont see him completely retiring. He should return every year for Wrestlemania...have him in a casket and an open challenge. Get up to 25-0. The Deadman could easily have 1 match a year for the next 6/7.

As for the topic, yes, I would like to see Angle vs Jericho again. They had some wonderful matches. As for Edge vs Christian, well I see that happening at Summerslam before Wrestlemania 28.

Takers partner is in WWE so again, I dont see him completely retiring. He should return every year for Wrestlemania...have him in a casket and an open challenge. Get up to 25-0. The Deadman could easily have 1 match a year for the next 6/7.

Undertaker is a physical wreck now. I would be extremely surprised if he would be physically capable to wrestle in 7 years time. He is falling apart now, and while it would only be one match a year, he would still have to train to remain in shape and then need to attempt to perform to his usual high standards

Undertaker is too proud to allow his standards to drop to below acceptable levels. He will not do a Ric Flair and keep on dragging his ass out for one more match. When Undertaker cannot perform as he wants to, he will call it a day. There may be one or 2 surprise returns to WWE, but I think the Undertaker character only has a couple more WM's in him

We already covered an Angle return in another thread. I stick with my previous opinion. Give Jack Swagger a face change with Angle becoming his partner / mentor. Let them have a tag title run feuding with Nexus and Corre. Introduce some new legit tag teams to feud with them as well (reunite Hart Foundation). Shoot, that would have shades of the old British Bulldogs vs Hart Foundation rivalry of the 80's.

Jericho is a tough one. He HAS to remain a heel. But I do like the idea of a Jericho / Miz feud. Heel vs Heel feuds can be pretty good. Similar to how the WWE missed the boat with feuding Nexus and Corre. Anyways, Jericho vs Miz would be cool. Jericho would also make a good manager. Ahhhh yes, a Manager. Nexus has been destroyed with Punk at the helm. The ref is knocked out. Nexus comes out and destroys Orton. Then they turn on a smiling punk and destroy him. Jericho comes down to the ring in his suit persona and puts Punk in the Walls of Jericho before rolling Orton on top. The ref is revived by Nexus and makes the count. Next Monday Night Raw Jericho claims he should have been the new leader of Nexus and once Orton destroyed them he came in to make the Nexus save.

Only problem with feuds in todays wrestling is they are too dramatized and sometimes short lived or not lived at all (Sheamus / HHH). Dusty Rhodes and Magnum T.A. feuded with the Four Horsemen for years. Shoot, even when Ronnie Garvin fought Flair for Baby Doll the feud with Rhodes wasn't over. Rhodes just didn't start a new feud like he had nothing going with Flair. Today you have Randy Orton punting the entire McMahon family and feuding with HHH but now they "respect" each other and are able to stand in the same ring practically as friends?? Huh??

Why can't Vince just have Angle work Raws and PPV's. Who really cares if he isn't working some house shows? get angle back here so we can all chant the 'You Suck' when the Olympic music hits!

btw - that's a great card for WM28!

Kurt should definitely finish out his wonderful career in non other than wwe. Yes vince better offer him a hbk/undertaker type of contract. I for one truly miss not only his wrestlemania but his overall match performances as well. I'd like to see him tear the house down with the likes of jack swagger giving him a huge rub and finally solidifying him into the main event scene for good. Also much like someone else mentioned a fued with cm punk, or randy orton, and kurt even said himself that orton seems to be alot better than when they had their feud in 2006 and he'd like to get in the ring with him so who knows.

I would love to see Kurt back again and finish up in WWE....hes one of my favorites of all time too...just imagine the following matches:

CM Punk
Daniel Bryan
Dolph Ziggler
return feud with John Cena
John Morrison
return feud with Randy Orton
Alberto Del Rio
return feud with Edge
Jack Swagger (ankle lock vs ankle lock)
Kofi Kingston
another classic with Rey Mysterio or Undertaker

man I am just salivating at the thought

Kurt Angle said that he's retiring in TNA but the IWC is just too stubborn to accept this and we're all making feuds for his 'illustrious return' back into the WWE in 2011. It's almost ridiculous but hey I'm in the IWC so I'll join the fun and say I hope Angle has a good long feud with CM Punk. Swagger's overrated, has no charisma, shouldn't be in the ring with Angle but I think Punk has all the tools to make it all work.

As for Jericho, after destroys everyone on Dancing With The Stars, he should come back as the Ayatollah of Rock N Rollah and send all of us Jericholics happy each and every night with his plethora of catchphrases. Then, he could feud with his former student Wade Barrett, the Mexican JBL Alberto Del Rio, and come up with better jokes than John Cena about Sheamus

Kurt Angle Vs Jack Swagger ... I think this would be the one match where Kurt would struggle to employ his mat game because Swagger might be able to get the better of Kurt in a wrestling match with his size.. so it could be very interesting, and if you put the belt back on Swagger it could be huge for him.

Yes the guy on top said it... Jericho Vs The Miz.. thats the one feud I'd like to see Jericho do because it hasn't really been done before and I think they could do wonders on the microphone.

Both could come back but Jericho is the more likely of the 2 and he'll rekindle what he had w/ Orton 1st as he punted he out the he'll go after the Miz or team w/ him then feud w/ him. As far as Angle he'll probably be like Sting and retire in TNA for ******ed reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back